• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Differences (No Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Hello all,

I have gotten this far without spoilers for X/Y, except for what is in the reveal trailer, because I want most of the game and new Pokémon to be a surprise. I've joined this forum to inquire about the differences between X and Y, besides the legendaries, and I hope that you will be kind enough to respond in a non-spoiler fashion.

For example you can say "in my opinion, the X specific Pokémon are cooler" or "in Y the male character doesn't have hipster shades on his hat." But if there are no major differences then that's just fine with me. Also, which version seems to be more popular?

I registered here without reading any other topic titles to avoid spoilers at all costs, and I will thusly refresh just this page every few minutes to see if I have a reply to continually avoid it. Thank you in advance! I am very excited for the 12th. :)

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Well, assuming that you really have only watched the announcement trailer, I'll try to be as least specific as I can get. IIRC, from what's been revealed so far, there will two version exclusive Pokémon for each game. X will get a pistol shrimp, while Y will get a weedy seadragon Pokémon. Also, an old Pokémon will get two new formes, one for each version.
    Pokémon Y is the version that seems to be more popular, mainly because most people prefer Yveltal over Xerneas.
    Just ask me if you want me to be a bit more specific.

Years
  • Well, I won't call it a "spoiler" cause it should be something you better know before buying either one of the games... As you may or may not know, there is a new type of evolution in the Pokemon X&Y, and without giving much details about it, Mewtwo is the only Pokemon we know of that received a different evolution for each game.
    As much as I liked his X evolution, I pre-ordered Y for its legendary and the letter ^^"

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • In Pokémon X you will only be able to obtain a Pokémon based off of cotton candy. It's one of the new Fairy types. While in Pokémon Y you will instead only find a small and pink bird-like Pokemon that appears to be based off of perfume. This is also one of the new Fairy type Pokémon. Other than what Pedrito said, there real aren't that many known version exclusives at the moment.

Since you don't want to be spoiled, I'm going to close this thread due to the limited amount of discussion it can bring. If anyone would like to create a new Version Differences thread that will go further into detail and ravel in all of the game spoilers, then you have full permission to do so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back