• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokémon yellow duplication glitch 3ds

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 21, 2017
Every time I do the glitch It freezes out, is there a way to stop this? My Pokémon has the right special and I'm doing all the steps right but it freezes every time! I've tried soooo many times and it keeps happy ring, is it possible to do on the 3ds? Do I have to keep trying and get lucky? Should I get a different Pokémon With a different special stat? I read I have to use get a ghost missigno what stat do I need for that?

MegaZard_

Worst trainer in the world
Years
All glitches found in the original games will be in the Virtual console versions.

What happens when the game crashes? Does it just make a buzzing sound, or does the screen turn red and green striped?

Missingno. in Yellow is known to crash because of an invalid sprite pointer; 0x600. Red and Blue doesn't have this problem, so Missingno. can be encountered 99% of the time without crashing.
If you want a stable Missingno. in Yellow, try a special stat of 182, 183, or 184. You're partially right about needing a "Ghost" Missingno. to do the duplication glitch. Missingno. only crashes because of its invalid sprite pointer, but using the special stats of 182, 183, or 184 will spawn a Missingno. with a valid sprite (in this case: Kabutops fossil, Aerodactyl fossil, or Ghost), guaranteeing a successful encounter.

Warning: Don't catch it. It will corrupt your Hall of Fame. This is because the Hall of Fame data is very close to a buffer that stores decompressed sprite data. The buffer is too small to hold Missingno.'s large sprite data, so it overflows into the Hall of Fame and corrupts it.

TL;DR Use a special stat of 182, 183, or 184 so the game won't crash. ^^

Last edited:
Back