• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Editing/Replacing cries in Let’s Go and/or Sw/Sh?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2021
    So I've seen on GameBanana and the like a few audio replacements mainly related to music. I was wondering if it's possible to replace the cries too?

I did some investigating and found (for Let's Go) the cries appear to be floating .WEM files (with a possible .BNK file with data of some sort but not the actual audio)

I've isolated the cry of one "test" Pokémon (Goldeen) and have been able to successfully mute Goldeen (by putting in files that don't work haha) next step is to replace the existing cry file!

I've learned .WEM is a format for Wwise Audio and there's been various mods of said format for a couple years now. (Age of Empires, Resident Evil, Cyberpunk 2077 etc.) and while those guides have gotten me somewhere, they haven't worked 100%.

My current experimentation has lead me to create a .WEM with pretty similar metadata, the holdouts I haven't been able to match are the "bitrate" and "stream total samples."

I have matched the sample rate, channel mask, track length, encoding, layout, metadata from, and RIFF header info (according to the metadata info of both files when viewed in Win Amp Community Update Project, it uses a vgmstream plugin to interpret .WEM and other Wwise files).

Now maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and am not nearly as close as I was hoping (likely the case) but does anyone have any idea how to proceed with this?

In my googling there were suggestions of HexEditing (namely copying the header and footer info from the original file) which I've taken a look at but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Halp me!

Back