• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone remember this really old 3d Pokémon fangame?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Hi. I recall playing a 3d Pokémon fangame on my PC back in the early 2000s. I believe it was made before Ruby and Sapphire came out, at least the version I played. I remember thinking it was extremely impressive for a fangame. Not that I had played many fangames, but the graphics looked professional (at least to me back then).

Like the mainline games, it was an RPG, and had similar gameplay, with cities and routes, but was entirely in 3d. I think the camera was similar to Pokémon Colosseum, rather than using a top-down view like the handheld games. It took place in an original world, rather than any of the official regions. It had the official games' battle system and used remixes of their BGM. A remix of one of the Gen I battle themes (the trainer battle music IIRC) was used for trainer battles, for instance. There was also a route that used a remix of either Johto's Route 29 or Kanto's Route 1 (forgot which one, but I'm leaning toward the former). The game was in Spanish, I have no idea if that was its original language, or if I played a translation. Since that's my native language, I used to surf Pokémon websites in Spanish back in the day, so I must have downloaded it from one of those.

It had some crazy parts. NPCs had small portraits next to their dialogue, which usually (but not always) matched the character. The craziness comes from the fact that a Vegeta avatar was used for salesmen in marts (or was it for Gentlemen trainers? it was either of those), likely for hilarity's sake, or perhaps as a placeholder. At a point in the story, you could run into an Entei blocking the path in a route. You couldn't battle and catch it, as it belonged to Officer Jenny, who claimed she had put it there as a literal roadblock for some reason (I think there had just been reports of thieves in the area, so she put it there to stop them from getting away). After you progressed in the story, she called her Entei back and you could go on.

I never beat it, but played it up to a point, and was pretty impressed. I could swear it was called "Pokémon 3D", but a Google search yielded no relevant results.

So yeah, does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone still has it, or know any place it can still be downloaded from? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Are you talking about Pokémon PC (or at least that's what I think it was called) — I can't find a link to it anymore, but I found an image that I believe is from the game:

9209c55b041a62e81ab18182667a3d7d.jpg

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Different fangame, unfortunately.

Hi. I recall playing a 3d Pokémon fangame on my PC back in the early 2000s. I believe it was made before Ruby and Sapphire came out, at least the version I played. I remember thinking it was extremely impressive for a fangame. Not that I had played many fangames, but the graphics looked professional (at least to me back then).

Like the mainline games, it was an RPG, and had similar gameplay, with cities and routes, but was entirely in 3d. I think the camera was similar to Pokémon Colosseum, rather than using a top-down view like the handheld games. It took place in an original world, rather than any of the official regions. It had the official games' battle system and used remixes of their BGM. A remix of one of the Gen I battle themes (the trainer battle music IIRC) was used for trainer battles, for instance. There was also a route that used a remix of either Johto's Route 29 or Kanto's Route 1 (forgot which one, but I'm leaning toward the former). The game was in Spanish, I have no idea if that was its original language, or if I played a translation. Since that's my native language, I used to surf Pokémon websites in Spanish back in the day, so I must have downloaded it from one of those.

It had some crazy parts. NPCs had small portraits next to their dialogue, which usually (but not always) matched the character. The craziness comes from the fact that a Vegeta avatar was used for salesmen in marts (or was it for Gentlemen trainers? it was either of those), likely for hilarity's sake, or perhaps as a placeholder. At a point in the story, you could run into an Entei blocking the path in a route. You couldn't battle and catch it, as it belonged to Officer Jenny, who claimed she had put it there as a literal roadblock for some reason (I think there had just been reports of thieves in the area, so she put it there to stop them from getting away). After you progressed in the story, she called her Entei back and you could go on.

I never beat it, but played it up to a point, and was pretty impressed. I could swear it was called "Pokémon 3D", but a Google search yielded no relevant results.

So yeah, does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone still has it, or know any place it can still be downloaded from? Thanks in advance.

HEY MAN! I TOO PLAYED THIS GAME WHEN I WAS A KID. I THINK I FOUND A DEMO KIND VERSION OF IT. CHECK THIS VIDEO AND ITS DESCRIPTION. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RsbRwKhKU
    IT HAS BEEN QUITE A FEW YEARS SINCE YOU POSTED THIS QUESTION, BUT I HOPE YOU SEE THIS AND REPLY TO THIS.

Back