• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Requesting a Rating of my Completely Generic Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    This is the team I normally run if the match matters for, say, a tournament. I have several original groups as well, of which I am more fond, but want to know whether everything I'm using gels. Perhaps someone will be able to offer constructive criticism and improve it.

Bold Venusaur @ Black Sludge
    252 hp/136 defense/120 special defense
    Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Sludge Bomb/Synthesis

Adamant Weavile @ Focus Sash
    252 speed/252 attack/4 hp
    Ice Punch/Night Slash/Brick Break/Swords Dance

Modest Salamence @ Choice Specs
    252 special attack/252 speed/4 hp
    Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Flamethrower/Hydro Pump

Adamant Snorlax @ Leftovers
    252 hp/120 attack/136 defense
    Curse/Return/Earthquake/Rest

Impish Skarmory @ Leftovers
    252 hp/252 defense/4 speed
    Drill Peck/Roar/Spikes/Roost

Bold Blissey @ Leftovers
    252 hp/252 defense/4 special attack
    Seismic Toss/Aromatherapy/Ice Beam/Softboiled

Rather bland...but is it rock solid? How would you go about countering this group? I assume all descriptions to follow will involve some combination of Tyraniboah, Dugtrio, and Aerodactyl. But, maybe I assume far too much.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • AdaMence>ModestMence. Aerial Ace/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Dragon Dance.

Thunder Wave>Ice Beam on Bliss.

Last edited:

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • That's why it has the move "Curse". It raises Attack and Defense.

CurseLax is much better. By the way, quirreling with me for no reason isn't neccessary. ^_^

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I'm sorry, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to someone else. You either posted after he did, and it seemed like I was talking to you, or he deleted his post, and still made it seem like I was talking to you. Either way, he deleted his thread.

Sorry for the confusion.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Blissey@Lefties
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SP. DEF/ 4 DEF

Seismic Toss
    Aromatherapy
    Thunder Wave
    Softboiled

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Even if what...that guy said about Adamant Salamence being superior is true, I would be starved for a special attacker. Someone needs to be in there to threaten Skarmory and co aside from an easily hazed statbuffer, savvy? I suppose I could pull a brilliant tactical trick in putting Skarmory to sleep and switching in Weavile to Swords Dance once or twice, but Salamence coming in forces a switch, probably to vicious dragons. Who will eat a Dragon Pulse. Mind games much.

Plus, a pokemon with 525 special attack and a move with 210 power after stab is nothing to shake a fist at.

Special sweepers I have in idling if someone can suggest a superior replacement: Starmie (unusable this gen), Vaporeon (so potent but crippled by a lack of speed, I use it more as a tank), Kingdra (fairly decent, though it needs a turn of Rain Dance to gain momentum), Ludicolo (same problem...I love myself a team with Kingdra, Ludicolo, and Vaporeon), Alakazam (a viable option), Espeon (also usable), Togekiss (more than usable, unbearably awesome) Milotic (if a tank counts as a sweeper), Manaphy (skirts on the edge of 'uber'), Jolteon (lacks hidden power ice), Dusknoir (a conked out setup, it abuses calm mind and is fairly effective but takes time to set up), and probably some others I forget.

See anything I should switch with anything else?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    er, just want to point out curse snorlax is still the best snorlax. all this sleeptalk is cute and all but ineffective. it's attack is good but not enough to OHKO its main nemesis. infernape is still going to OHKO it with close combat, and even with infernape's abysmal defense, there's a good chance snorlax won't even KO it on the switch in.

snorlax can take hits just fine. obviously you want to switch the hell out against fighting types but if you manage to get 2 curses up, you can stay for good because nobody's putting a dent on you. watch out for leech seeders or hazers, that is all but otherwise it will finish entire teams.

Back