• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The GenerationLocke (genlocke) Challenge

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
The GenLocke
Intro;
This challenge involves you using only one generation, yep, just one. Be it first generation or sixth gen, it's up to you.

Rules;
1) You may only use pokémon in a certain generation.
(I.E: Having a team consisting of generation 1 pokémon only, like bulbasaur and pikachu.)
2) Hacking or trading is banned
The only exception is if you cannot catch a pokémon of your generation before the first gym, or in order to evolve.
3) If a pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed or released.
However, as an optional mercy rule, of you have three or less pokémon on your team before first gym, then may revive a pokémon, however only once. If a pokémon 'dies' after already using this mercy rule, then it is dead.
4) Only catch one pokémon per route
Generally the first pokémon of your generation that you see on this route, it is possible that you won't find any, thus you can't catch any pokémon there.
5) Legendary pokémon cannot be used/caught
Exceptions are if it is required (Reshiram/Zeckrom, Xerneas/Yveltal etc.)
6) Evolution Lines
Not quite a rule, but an explanation, if a pokémon's first/second/or final evolution was introduced a generation later or before, it can still be used. Say I found a sneasel while going through a gen four challenge, I could catch that sneasel because it later evolves into Weavile, who was introduced in gen four. Now, If I found an azurill while doing through a gen three challenge, I can catch that azurill, even if it evolves into pokémon introduced in an earlier generation. In simpler words however, If a pokémon has a stage in its evolution line from the generation your playing as, you can use it, and it can be evolved.
Optional Rules;
· A black/white out is game over
· Dupes Clause (No catching pokémon already caught)
· Shiny Clause (Can catch shines, it's up to you what you do after)
· Wedlocke (Pokémon have to be paired with one of an opposite gender; for more rules check out the Wedlocke thread)
· No healing outside of a pokémon centre
· No healing in a pokémon centre
· Must nickname all pokémon
· Battle style must be SET
· Use the same amount of pokémon as the gym leader
· You may only use pokéballs to catch pokémon
· Choice Clause (If you don't like the pokémon you catch on a route, you can choose one other, however the other must be released - can only be done three times)
When is the challenge complete?
Spoiler:

Sign-Ups;
Username:
Game:
Generation:
Ultimate/Single: (Ultimate - same gen through all games)
Optional Rules:
Mine;
Username: CDChaser
Game: Y
Generation: 4
Ultimate/Single: Single
Optional Rules: Wedlocke, Must nickname, Dupes Clause, Choice Clause, Blackout is game over

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions;
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers;
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions;
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: AoTora
Game: Black 2
Generation: 3
Ultimate/Single: (Ultimate - same gen through all games):
Optional Rules: Must nickname everything.
Shiny clause and dupes clause are in place.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 20, 2021
Username: James
Game: Emerald
Gen: 3
Single/Ultimate: Single
Optional Rules: Must Nickname; Shiny Clause; Dupe Clause; White Out, Game Over

Back