• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] New Weather Ability Similar to Primordial Sea

Years
  • Hello, these days I've been trying to create a new weather ability called "Call of Winter", which would cause heavy hail in a battle.
    The following effects are what I would like to achieve:
    Spoiler:

This is what I have done so far:
    In PBWeather, I have:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_Battler, I have roughly starting at line 980:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_MoveEffects, I have tried to write what would happen every time something would start a new weather, for example:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_Battle, I have tried to initialize a battle, starting at line 2504:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_Battle again, I need to write something about the end of round in line 2874. And this is what I have come up with so far and which I would put under the second last "end" of shadowsky in line 3077:
    Spoiler:

Now, my problem is that my last code gives me a syntax error. Apparently, the issues lies with the first line, namely: "when PBWeather::HEAVYHAIL". If I completely remove the fourth code, then I will get no issues. Though, when my Gyarados that has "Call of Winter" fights against a wild Pkm, the name of its ability would be mentioned, but I do not see any animation of this weather effect. And when I switch Gyarados out with another Pkm, the message that the hail has dissipated would appear four times.
    Would someone mind helping me a bit out?
    1) How would I have to change the fourth code?
    2) How can I make the weather battle animation work?
    3) Sandstorm boosts SpecialDefense of all Rock Pkm, and Rain makes water attacks stronger and fire attacks weaker. So, where might I find this? Because I would like to make heavy hail boost ice moves and weaken fire moves.
    4) And if someone has some ideas how to approach
    - priority of priority moves that deal damages is reduced by 1
    - reduces speed of all non ice Pokemon by 1 stage
    and would be willing to share it, that would be cool. :]

Back