• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mewtwo Returns

Years
  • at the end of the movie they say there is talk of a pokemon that travels only with moon light in a far away town, which is mewtwo do they ever meet up with him again?

Years
  • I would if I knew what you were asking.

To answer, to what I think you're saying, Mewtwo hasn't returned in any format, the special episodes, or anything past Mewtwo Returns. If Mewtwo were to return, given the older fanbase, they'd raise the flag as high and loud as they could get. They did with Mewtwo Returns.

Although he was conspiciously absent in the 8th intro, although...there is someone in shadows in an alley in the intro, before almost flying away, could be him. (Ironically the intro covered all the Legendaries, particularly Hoenn's, but Mewtwo and Lugia were absent).

Hope that helps.

Years
  • Agreed, pity that part was cut. Although I can see why they did as the fourth English intro had the bio weapon and his inspiration looking kinda chummy. Third one too, but not as such.

The thing is with the 8th intro, the scene was so obscure and the character so far in the background, you couldn't tell what he/she/it looked like. I think I see a Sableye's crystal eye when he turned, so it's a subjective twist.

Sometimes they're haphazard with the foreshadowing/allusions in the intros. The fourth Japan intro had a lovely allusion to Mewtwo Returns but the special aired while they had the third intro, so it was kinda of a waste (they could have put that scene in the third intro as a nice treat/prelude) as the allusion is wasted on a rather plain all filler season and past the point of caring as it was behind the episode order at that point. It's the same thing with English and French words in their wording. Just willy-nilly.

But we can hope at least.

Years
  • I loved Mewtwo returns!!!

It was the best thing of the pokemon cartoon ever!!

I don't know if mewtwo will ever return again...
    I could hardly believe my friend when he told me he was watching 'mewtwo returns'
    And I was like what? Mewtwo returns?

Back