• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Less than Legendary?

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
Years
  • Has anyone ever wondered why the legendary pokemon(at least some), like in movies for instance, are praised so highly, but then as the movie progresses they get weaker?

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Mabye because there is something stronger and there are only one of each legendary pokemom.

Years
  • I think it's the introduction and that first impression that leaves the audience with awe like with Mewtwo and Lugia but such Godly appearances, that usually means, we don't need to care about them, so as they progress, they need to have a chink in their armor so we can identify with them more as they struggle and become more human like and heighten the empathy.

Myuutsu was different because it abruptly thinks what it's doing is wrong and I tend to ignore that as deus ex machina thinking. So beyond him, the others ring true with that.

But that's a very good observation you made. I never noticed that about the movies until now as such. Particularly the powerhouses (Mew, Lugia, Latios), whereas the others (Celebi, Jirachi, Latias) are more immature in their powers and abilites and the de powering doesn't hurt their characters as such, as opposed to the former.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • also to note, if you've watched pokemon heroes, how come anne and oakly's ariados and espeon can take out BOTH latios AND latias, but ash's pikachu was dominated by JUST latios, but pikachu can DESTROY ariados and espeon with ONE thunderbolt. THAT is a big mystery to me. It's kind of like saying
    3<4 and 4<5 but 3>5, 3 being pikachu, 4 being latios/latias, 5 being ariados and espeon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Ariados and Espeon attacked Latios and Latias when both were fleeing. Obviously, the strangers and being pursued would've confused them; they're used to seeing Bianca and Lorenzo. Neither Latias or Latios have tried to fight back, as far as I can remember, and when under attack, they tried to hide themselves with cloaking, which Anne and Oakley did detect with their.. heat vision glasses..

And when Latios attacked Pikachu, Pikachu was unaware of the force against it. Latios was under cloaking.

I don't think the legendary Pok?mon that were "priased so highly" got "weaker" as the movie progressed. If you've noticed, a majority of them had been captured unexpectedly with devices that specifically honed their powers. (i.e. Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos were caught by some weird ring contraption, as did Latios.) If you've been imprisoned inside a cage that zapped you whenever you tried to move, I think you'd get weaker, too.

And.. Yeah. I agree with Dark Weezing's second bit. The more playful ledgendaries don't seem too keen on using their powers and are quite immature. They most likely won't try to fight back.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • I see where you guys are coming from, and when i said "weaker" i didn't really mean weaker, i mean that something happens that makes them seem like they're...well...less than legendary(at least i do).

Back