• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Password changed without my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Like the title says, my alternate account named "zakurenai" (all lowercase) will not let me log in with the password that I set for it. That account hasn't been purged, because the system still sent a "reset password" email to the email account associated to it, and it wasn't purged for inactivity because I use this site often enough to avoid that. All of these things mean that an unknown party changed my password - and I'd like control of my account back. If you're wondering why I don't just reset the password, it's because my "zakurenai" account is incredibly old - so old that it has an AOL email associated with it, and AOL (like Yahoo) is such an outdated site that it had several security measures that resulted in millions of accounts getting hacked some years ago. My account was one of those, so I don't have access to it anymore, which means I can't reset my Pokecommunity password using that method (which annoyingly enough, is the only way).

Proof that the "zakurenai" Pokecommunity account is mine:

- The email I put for it is "[email protected]"
- The account I posted this comment with is called "zakurenai_ren" and it was created in 2014. So you know I'm not some phisher trying to trick you.
- I always put false data when creating any non-government online account (for security reasons), but I think the fake birthday I put for the "zakurenai" Pokecommunity account is January 1st (I forgot whatever fake year I put).

Please help me get my account back.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
I'll wait for the admins to decide the course of action to take. But just to make things clear, everyone will have received a password reset email. When attempting attempting to login you will will have also received this message:

Everything you said is true. My problem is that I can't even log in to my other Pokecommunity account because the password was changed without my permission (I didn't forget it). And I can't reset my password because I no longer have access to the email account it was associated with.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
hey! Send me a private message with an email address which you're able to access (we'll use this to sort out a password reset) and we'll take it from there. Closing this so other admins know it's being handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back