• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Changing Music for Hatching Pokémon?

GPK

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    I've noticed that when you hatch an egg in Essentials, it plays the same theme as the evolution theme, and concludes by playing the same ME at the end. Is there a way to script a custom theme specifically for when eggs hatch, both the theme as it's hatching and when it hatches?

Thanks!

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
    Years
  • In the script section PScreen_EggHatching, find the following code starting at line 48:

Code:
    pbBGMPlay("Evolution")
        # Egg animation
        updateScene(60)
        pbPositionHatchMask(hatchSheet,0)
        pbSEPlay("Battle ball shake")
        swingEgg(2)
        updateScene(8)
        pbPositionHatchMask(hatchSheet,1)
        swingEgg(2)
        updateScene(16)
        pbPositionHatchMask(hatchSheet,2)
        swingEgg(4,2)
        updateScene(16)
        pbPositionHatchMask(hatchSheet,3)
        swingEgg(8,4)
        updateScene(8)
        pbPositionHatchMask(hatchSheet,4)
        pbSEPlay("Battle recall")
    You'll notice the line that begins with "pbBGMPlay" is the code that plays the music. Change the title in quotations to whatever song you have in your BGM folder that you would like to play during the hatching scene. The same goes for the lines that start with pbSEPlay, though you really don't need to change these unless you really want to.

Then, at line 94, find the following code:
    Code:
    pbMEPlay("Evolution success")
    Change the "Evolution success" title to a track you have in your ME folder if you want to change the music that plays when the evolution scene ends.

Last edited:
    Back