• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Introducing Pokemon Erison

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Greetings Everyone.

Sword and Shield have been out for a bit now. Those games, while fun, in my opinion feel like the story wasn't finished. And it felt like the devs were rushed. Playing those games and feeling the lack of satisfaction in those games, reinvigorated an idea i had floating around in my head a few years back. And I found some old project files from the idea and I think I will restart my game. I am here to introduce to all of you, Pokemon Erison.

This game idea of mine has you in the Erison Region. Like all games before, you start out your pokemon Journey with a starter, and throughout the game, you battle other trainers, collect pokemon, etc. With every gym badge you collect, a new Pokemon den opens up. Within these dens, you can find a legendary pokemon. If your lucky, these beasts can be vital assets to your teams.

Erison will be full of rich story, and you may find various secrets along the way. 16 pokemon dens total, where legendary pokemon rest. Some will be easy to find. Others, not so much. Your journey will take you far. What other mysteries will you uncover as you travel Erison? You'll have to play the game to find out.

I have a very long way to go before anything concrete can be shown. Over the past three weeks, all I have really done, is lay out the pokedex, and plan encounters. That's really it. No story has been written yet, and aside from the starting few maps in XP, nothing else has been done. At this rate, we might see Gen 10 pokemon before my game is done. But I don't plan on rushing this. I am going to take my time, and with the little spare time i have, if it takes me 3 years to build this game, then that's how long it'll take. I hope it'll take less, but we'll see. When I have actual details beyond that little pitch above, I'll share them with you guys.

For now, let's hope 2020 is a great year for gaming in general, not just pokemon.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    As I was writing the story the other day, I found myself writing a scene, not vital to the main quest which ended up being somewhat uncomfortable. It turned into a person with mental issues. I don't know if I should keep it or not.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Given this thread is two years old now, it'll probably get locked with this update I'm posting. That's ok, I just want to give an update on this project. With the pandemic, and other factors outside my control, shortly after I posted this, I ran into some family issues that made any progress on this impossible. However, I have recently opened the project back up, after a 2 year pause from developing it, and I feel I can now spend time working on it. Even though it's been two years, I must stress, that the progress i have made since posting the first post is minimal. I did write a draft of the story, and some events are mapped out in a word document, but that's it. The story draft I was able to write within a couple months before the pandemic really shut things down.

This post is mostly letting people know, this project is not dead, but the timeline has been pushed significantly due to family issues over the last two years, and the resulting lack of motivation to work on the game. I will eventually make this and release it, but I don't know how long that'll take.

Back