• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] The Sword Status Move Challenge

Years
  • Confession: when I first went through most Pokémon games, I didn't use much in the way of "strategy". Blaziken, use Blaze Kick. Enemy resistant to Fire? Blaziken... use Double Kick!

And you know what? It worked!

But now I pay my penance. Pokémon Sword and Shield, I'd say, are overall on the shorter and easier side of things. That's not necessarily a criticism, but I admit to being a bit letdown when I first played Sword. Still, that ease makes it a fun little testing ground: what's Pokémon like when you embrace status moves completely?

The goal is to beat Leon and become Champion of Galar in the most frustrating way he'll ever see: solely using status moves and never directly attacking. Additionally, I'm putting a bit of a soft-block on using moves like Copycat or Metronome to essentially 'replicate' regular attacks.

I never really know when starting a challenge which'll be the most interesting, fun or time-consuming, so I don't really make any promises about definitively getting to the end. I do hope, however, that -- regardless of how far it goes -- the journey proves a fun read.

----

Part One: Early Struggles

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Part Two: Showdown in the Mines

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Part Three: Battle for the Grass Badge

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Part Four: Battle for the Water Badge

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I originally meant for this to be one update, but I ran away with my words. Whoops! So I've split it into two parts.

Part Five: Second Showdown in the Mines

Spoiler:

Part Six: Battle for the Fire Badge

Spoiler:

Back