• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon Ruby 2 and Pokémon Sapphire 2

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Pokémon Ruby 2 and Pokémon Sapphire 2

Project Title: Pokémon Ruby 2 and Pokémon Sapphire 2
    Looking to recruit: Artists, Spriters, Mappers, Scripters, Video Editors, Marketers, Composers, and a Playtester (ideally known in the community)
    Requirements: Must have experience in your field and be able to provide examples of previous work when applying. Must be 16+ and behave maturely when necessary. Must have at least some free time that can be dedicated to the project.
    Team Name/Team Members: Team R2S2, includes Byliyth and Brysoon.
    Unique Traits:​
    • Sequel to Hoenn
    • Animated 2-frame Sprites
    • Some PLA Pokémon
    • Gen 1-8 Pokémon
    • Hoennian Forms

Method of Contact: Discord, byliyth#9663
    Additional Info: The project is a fan-made sequel of Ruby and Sapphire 5-10 years after the events of the originals. It is still early in development and follows the protagonist explore a new Hoenn, changed by time. It is made in Essentials and the programming language is Ruby.
    Project Discord: https://discord.gg/SDGyFmstnq
    Screenshots:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    I've been working hard on the project recently! Here are some previews of choosing your starter!
    Note that the OW sprites for the protagonist and rival is still a placeholder!

Here you can not only see the Pokémon animated before selecting it, but also its nature!

The beginning of a lifelong partnership...

Time stops for no one!

If you're interested in the project, please consider joining our team! Right now it's only me doing most of the heavy lifting, with Brysoon occasionally helping with data, so any help is appreciated!​

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Hello.

I'm interested in your project! looks amazing.
    I'm an artist and I also draw sprites! if you're still interested in recruiting I'd be happy to join your team!
    if you would like to contact me feel free at anytime in discord ali760#7871

crazy hacker

Dragon tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    i want to be the beta tester and writer i am interested in your project for experience if you're interested in recruiting me I'd be happy to join your team!
    if you would like to contact me feel free at anytime in discord crazy hacker#7215

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    i want to be the beta tester and writer i am interested in your project for experience if you're interested in recruiting me I'd be happy to join your team!
    if you would like to contact me feel free at anytime in discord crazy hacker#7215

Thank you for being interested in the project! Unfortunately, we are currently not looking for beta testers and we're looking for already experienced writers and the such. Good luck in whatever you choose to do next :)

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Some updates! The project is progressing pretty well! We're getting new character OWs, so in the meanwhile, here are the rough concepts of the protagonists! (Art done by gay_unicorn_of_love!)

New Regional Form
    That's not all, though! Here is a look at Hoennian Patrat! After a certain event in the Hoenn region, the disorder in nature allowed it to take advantage of the chaos and become stronger. Its fur resembles a gi, could it have done this on purpose? (Concept art by Drawingbox, sprite by KajiAtsui)

If you're interested in the project, please look at the first post. Have a great day!~​

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Smaller progress update! The protagonist OWs are mostly complete! :) Here is the masculine protagonist's (default name is Ruben) design in-game!

We're working on refining/redoing some scripts right now to enhance the experience before we continue developing story and such! I'll update this once feminine protagonist's design is in-game too! :)
    If you're interested in the project, please look at the first post. Have a great day!~​

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    I've updated the thread to include the new logos and new screenshots showing the project's progress thus far! Check them out! :)

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    We've been keeping hush-hush on development recently, but here's something to show off!
    Meet Hoennian Cottonee!
    This Pokémon creates hum-like melodies from the tubes on its body. It often collaborates with a certain dancer Pokémon to create "forest concerts."

This Pokémon can often be found in Petalburg Woods, but only in Pokémon Sapphire 2 version.

Also, we're now looking for playtesters! Ideally, known and trusted in and by the community.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Game is going along swimmingly currently, although we're in desperate need of people to help out graphically (spriters or people capable of doing edits).
    This time's update is more on the marketing side for this project, but we've released a video with one of the tracks that plays in game!
    Check it out!

If you're interested in the project, consider applying! Have a good day!​

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2022
    Hello! im very interested in your project. I am currently in your discord as Dr.Silver#1986. I am interested in aiding in the artistic and or writing department.

ai.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Howdy!

I've been interested in this project and i wish to ask if you're willing to accept a character writer(?) or artist, (Best i can do so far is only character designs, i unfortunately can't mimic the pokemon artstyle but i can do what i can ^^)

- ai

TRR

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Hello!
    I would like to apply to become a spriter for R2S2. Ive been making sprites for a little over a year, and i feel like this would not only be fun but also help me improve! If you are still recruiting people for your team, i would be happy to join!

Years
    • They/Them, One/One
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Hello! im very interested in your project. I am currently in your discord as Dr.Silver#1986. I am interested in aiding in the artistic and or writing department.

Howdy!

I've been interested in this project and i wish to ask if you're willing to accept a character writer(?) or artist, (Best i can do so far is only character designs, i unfortunately can't mimic the pokemon artstyle but i can do what i can ^^)

- ai

Hello!
    I would like to apply to become a spriter for R2S2. Ive been making sprites for a little over a year, and i feel like this would not only be fun but also help me improve! If you are still recruiting people for your team, i would be happy to join!

Thank you all for your interest! Please feel free to message me on Discord, @ byliyth#9663, with some examples of your previous work and which specific role you'd like to apply for! :)

Years
  • I've been working hard on the project recently! Here are some previews of choosing your starter!
    Note that the OW sprites for the protagonist and rival is still a placeholder!

Here you can not only see the Pokémon animated before selecting it, but also its nature!

The beginning of a lifelong partnership...

Time stops for no one!

If you're interested in the project, please consider joining our team! Right now it's only me doing most of the heavy lifting, with Brysoon occasionally helping with data, so any help is appreciated!​

Hello! If you don't mind, I'd like to apply for a writer position. Gen 3 was the first region I've ever played, and your project caught my attention almost inmediately. Even with just the screenshots I can tell it'll be amazing! Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Years
    • she/they
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2022
    Hello I'm interested in helping out with the spriting side of things for the project! My discord tag is AngelCWarrior#4195

Back