• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A/Poke/Lypse (A Fanfiction by bez850)

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
A-Poke-Lypse-924873343
*A/Poke/Lypse is a series of short stories chronicling life after the apocalypse. Five years ago, without warning, meteors began falling from the sky. Nothing was safe from the destruction! No human, nor pokemon could stop the rain of terror. Even the legendaries seemed to disappear when they were needed most. The human and Pokemon that survived have an uphill climb to return to normalcy. Through the journal entries of one survivor, named "B", we get an insight into what has become of the Pokemon world!

This story is rated E 10+, however many topics through out these stories will be graphic in nature.
Any thoughts or comments feel free to let me know! However, if anyone wants to commit to a longer conversation about the story then feel free to message me! I would absolutely love the feedback! Without further ado!*

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Year 5//Day 156 P.A.

Arriving in Kanto by sea was treacherous, but seeing how devastated the land was with my own eyes was almost too much to bare. The once open plains and rolling hills of Pallet Town had now become a deserted, craterous wasteland. The trees that once surrounded these plains were barely twigs, skeletal in figure. It almost brought tears to my eyes, but I had to swallow that sadness.

I suppose, in my mind, most of the meteor strike was isolated to my home region…

I was so utterly clueless.

I was already unfamiliar with the Kanto region, and to see it in such a devastated state only made my unfamiliarity more nauseating. Never the less, I had a goal in mind. I wanted to know what had become of the pokemon world and find any survivors I could. That is what led me to the Kanto region in the first place.

The waves chopping, and gashing, back and forth made it difficult to dock. This was no surprise, as the rest of the voyage had been this perilous. Thankfully, I was no stranger to these conditions. With expert precision, and an unyielding focus, I managed to navigate the waters and make for land.

Upon landing shoreside, I began to traverse the once famous plains in search of a safe place to set up camp for the night. I couldn't believe the vast emptiness that was once Pallet Town. Up ahead of where I had anchored my boat was an old windmill, barely intact, that stood out to me instantly. As if pulled in by a wave of nostalgia, for a second, the windmill looked functioning with rolling green hills and rustling trees behind it. But this was my mind playing tricks on me.

I pulled a pokeball out of my back pocket, tossed it and called forth my partner, Echo the Exploud!
"Echo, use 'Echoed Voice' to scan the area and see what you can find!" I shouted, "Plouuuu!" Echo roared.

Echo would bellow out huge sonic waves as a means to sonar the surrounding landscape. Using this to our advantage, Echo would know if there was any danger present. At first, when Echo finished his technique, he nodded. This prompted me to continue down the route that led to what would be the next town. But within moments, Echo began to have a eerie look on his face. Echo would stop instantly, putting his arm in front of me to stop me from moving.

He was trembling…

He tensed, and furrowed his brow, beginning to let out his battle cry. I would look ahead to what Echo was staring down and there it was….

Stakataka. A pokemon from another world. The many stone life forms that make up this ultra beast were reverberating at our presence, as if it were waiting for us to show up. It's numerous eyes were fixated on Echo , and blocking our path. It seemed like a battle was inevitable. The anxiety made the air thick, and hard to breathe, as if every ounce of air in my lungs had weight to it. As the sweat on my forehead began to roll down the side of my face, I had no choice but to make the first move.

"Echo! Use 'Boomburst'!" I screamed vigorously. "Exxxxx!" Echo returned.

Echo let out a raging burst of audio white noise, culminating into a sonic boom that could even shatter liquid like glass. Nails on a chalk board paled in comparison to the noise heard within that blast, it is so distorted, that it affects physical matter regardless of whether the target has ear drums or not.

Stakataka was noticeably wobbled by this, but its' back legs would prop it up and help reinforce its constitution. Meanwhile parts of its front arms would disassemble and fly towards Echo like missiles! Echo would have no choice but to stop his attack and dodge the numerous projectiles launched at him. Jumping back wards several times to dodge each one, upon the last one, Echo would jump with all his might straight into the air.

"Just like that Echo! From above! Attack with 'Focus Punch'!" I quickly inserted.

"Exxxxx….. Plouddd!" Echo exclaimed, as he fell from the sky. His weight carrying him straight towards Stakataka, his right fist glowing with power. One eye closed, with the other eye locked-on the target, Echo would pull his arm back, gearing up for a big shot!

But Stakataka was no pushover. It would launch several more of its' pieces as projectiles to attempt to knock Echo off his trajectory, since he was not a flying type he would not be able to dodge the attacks.

Unfortunately for it, Echo was unphased! He would retaliate, unprompted, with smaller 'Echoed Voice' shots to counter each of the projectiles launched his way. Never losing focus for his main attack. Upon closing in, the thin blue lines on Stakataka began to glow brighter than before, and a portal formed behind it! Stakataka began its escape!

"Oh no you don't!" I said, and in that moment, Echo swung his giant fist! A direct hit!

The 'Focus Punch' managed to land and destroy a significant portion of its main extremities and one of its legs was shattered as well. The ultra beast let out this strained cry as its pieces re-assembled and escaped through the portal with its main body. The many blue eyes shaking over its body all calmed and fixated on me as the portal began to close.

"You…" it gasped, as the portal closed.

I wasn't sure if I was hearing things, but I swear it started to speak to me. Regardless, Echo had dealt a significant blow to it, even if it reassembled its pieces. It had no choice but to flee this time, but I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last time I encounter that Stakataka.

With the path now clear, we journeyed for a few more miles until we landed in Viridian City.

It was once known as the "Eternally Green City", but in its current state, that couldn't be further from the truth. Much like its neighbor to the south, these once lush plains were now barren wastelands, destroyed by the catastrophe that plagued our world five years ago. Unlike Pallet Town, however, several buildings seemed to be in tact.

I managed to get into a building that appeared to be an old gym. As I explored the building, making sure there were no squatters to be weary of, I came across a room in the very back. There was a certain stench that came from the room, a foul odor that was unmistakable. I knew instantly that it was a panic room, and the ones inside never came out of it.

I ran back out side to heave my insides out. The smell was just too much. I knew I would see atrocities in this new, post apocalyptic world. I guess I just didn't realize how strongly it would affect me. I believed the trauma I had already experienced was enough for me to get through any ordeal.

I was so utterly clueless.

I'll lay my head here at Kanto's Edge tonight. Tomorrow, I continue my journey.

B//

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2023
*A/Poke/Lypse Now! is a series of short stories chronicling life after the apocalypse. Five years ago, without warning, meteors began falling from the sky. Nothing was safe from the destruction! No human, nor pokemon could stop the rain of terror. Even the legendaries seemed to disappear when they were needed most. The human and Pokemon that survived have an uphill climb to return to normalcy. Through the journal entries of one survivor, named "B", we get an insight into what has become of the Pokemon world!

This story is rated E 10+, however many topics through out these stories will be graphic in nature.
Any thoughts or comments feel free to let me know! However, if anyone wants to commit to a longer conversation about the story then feel free to message me! I would absolutely love the feedback! Without further ado!*

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Year 5//Day 157 P.A.

Echo, my partner pokemon, woke me up to make sure I didn't sleep in too long. My first day in Kanto was so fast and nauseating, it must have taken more out of me than I had originally thought. Not to mention the four or five nights we spent at sea.

Echo grabbed a cloth that held a couple dozen of apples wrapped in it, and threw them down on the ground in front of me. Apples are his favorite, so its no surprise he went searching for some. They were mostly bad, but until we reached a water source that was calm and undistrubed, we may not be able to eat much. Every little bit counts.

I managed to force down four of the apples before I let Echo eat the rest. Afterwards, I quickly got all of my belongings together, and got dressed. I put on my tank top and jeans, torn as they were, and tightened my steel toe'd boots. Throwing my cloak and bag around my body, Echo and I left the former Viridian Gym.

As we traveled down the path to the Viridian Forest, formerly known as Route 2, I began to notice the greenery of the landscape return to the hillsides, bit by bit. I continued to look around as we made our way closer, and when I looked forward the forest was full and vibrant!

"How is this even possible?" I couldn't help but gasp. I pondered how this was possible, and the only conceivable outcome was that a pokemon must have been responsible! "Use your 'Echoed Voice' technique!" I quickly shouted. My partner, Echo, promptly stepped ahead of me and bellowed out his sonic waves. He could use this technique as a sonar of sorts, and it came in handy.

Echo signaled to me that something was approaching. "Be ready for anything pal!" I blurted aloud.
Turning to our east, a bundle of bushes that lined our path began to rustle. The bushes taller than us, and roughly twenty feet away, began shaking vigorously!

"Tooooorrrrr" we hear screeching from the bushes, when suddenly, a Torracat leaps out and swipes its' claws at Echo!

"Watch out Echo!" I couldnt help but scream. He jumped back a safe distance to dodge the Torracats' attack and looked over towards me. Echo did not want to fight this pokemon, I could see it in his expression. Echo could tell that this Torracat was hurt and scared.

I slowly stepped toward the Torracat, I put my hands down and whispered softly to it, to let it know I was no threat.
"You're not alone anymore pal. Why don't you join us, Burnout?" I said, naming him prematurely. His whiskers were bent, and fur ruffled. Eyes full of loneliness. I slowly reached into my bag I had around my shoulder and set a block of pokefood down near him.

"That's it, come on over" I whispered.

Torracat began to approach cautiously, whimpering the whole time. As he began to eat the food, I gently stroked Torracat's head and scratched it. I pulled a pokeball from my pocket and tapped its forehead.

The ball shook in my hand and sounded out a nice ring when the catch was complete. Catching pokemon in a pokeball wasn't exactly common practice anymore, but in this foreign land I couldn't take the risk of the pokemon being untrustworthy or unpredictable. Using the pokeball would at least offer me piece of mind that Torracat would calm down while in the pokeball resting, and recovering.

"He seemed beat up didn't he?" I asked my partner softly, knowing he felt just as bad as I did. I reached into my bag, and pulled a small machine out of it. The machine was circular, with what looks like triangle shaped plating across its top, maybe an inch thick. After setting it down on the ground, I placed the pokeball on top of this device and a beam shot from it. This was a healing device, much like the Pokémon center machines used before the world was destroyed.

After the light faded and the machine settled down, I grabbed the pokeball and the device off the ground and put them in my bag. Echo and I had to continue moving.

We decided to enter the forest and figure out what was causing the forest to be so green when the rest of the surrounding area was so barren.

Was it a benevolent pokemon that was trying to restore the nature around them? Or was it a more dangerous pokemon, perhaps the same that injured Burnout to begin with?

I had so many questions, and the further along our path we got the more my anxiety began to bother me. Echo could sense this, as well as the overwhelming pressure in the forest. This pressure made the air so thick, I couldn't breath!

Echo and I both knew something was up ahead, so I reached into my bag and grabbed the pokeball from earlier.
"Okay Burnout! I need your help!" I shouted while throwing the pokeball. Torracat popped out of his pokeball, and I could instantly tell he was not a fan of his name. Regardless, he purred and rubbed against my hand. As I praised him I asked "Is this pressure we feel from a pokemon?" And his face changed instantly. Burnout nodded at me, signaling that a powerful pokemon was behind the strong pressure we had been feeling.

I looked back at Echo, and then at Burnout and said "We are going to press onward now, and the two of us could really use your help." I smiled at him and said "But if you want to stay behind, it's up to you."

Burnout immediately stood tall, "Torraaaa!" He shouted in exclamation. And that was that. We continued deeper into the forest. As we explored deeper and deeper, we discovered the vegetation becoming thicker and thicker until we found what we assumed was the center. A thick entangling of vines that would cover the entire forest floor around us, shooting across to the top of the tree lines, would form what looked like a throne. On that throne sat another pokemon that did not belong here.

"Is that.. Tapu Bulu??" I thought to myself. Burnout and Echo both noticably anxious, but ready for what was coming next. Tapu Bulu let out a loud wail, wishing to be left alone, and was instantly angry! He immediately launched a vicious 'Frenzy Plant' attack!

We had to react quickly, but all I could do was stand still, frozen by the deity. It's awesome power over nature, and its mere presence was almost too much for me. In that moment Echo snatched me up over his shoulder and dodged, with Burnout right ahead of him.

"Ploudddd!" He screamed at me.

"You're right pal, I'm sorry!" I said, catching my breath as we landed on a sturdy branch above.

I hopped off Echo onto the branch, and he and Burnout jumped towards Tapu Bulu in unison. "Burnout, use 'Flamethrower', Echo use 'Boomburst'!" Was all I could think to shout, they both moved so quickly. They quickly launched their attacks, the fires enveloping and spiraling around the sound waves as they rocketed towards Tapu Bulu. The deity matched my pokemon's combined attack by using 'Protect'".

"Incredible! Try and hit it with the same combo attack!" I commanded as my pokemon began to land on the forest floor. They braced and readied themselves and launched another large combined 'Boomburst' and 'Flamethrower' attack. My blood was pumping in that moment, the thrill and excitement of the last battle carried over to today, but I couldn't help but wonder why these legendary pokemon were here in Kanto.

Tapu Bulu responded to this attack in earnest this time and sent a 'Nature's Madness' attack back at us.
It wiped out our attack instantly, knocking me out of the tree, and sending me crashing to the ground.
The attack knocked Burnout unconscious. Luckily, Echo withstood most of the attack and managed to grab us both and run off. I could see Tapu Bulu raging around in its area on its' throne, as I faded from consciousness.

When I awoke, Burnout and Echo were sleeping next to me, leaning against a tree. Day time was suddenly night time, and my arm was wrapped to my chest with my cloak.

"Definitely broken." I thought as I flinched from pain. I looked around and saw nothing but forestry, and pondered how Echo must have found a hidden grove in the trees. How lucky that was for us. I needed to get more rest while I could.

Tomorrow I'll have to get us out of this forest without being seen.

Escaping the Forest of Tapu Bulu was a task easier said than done.

B//

Last edited:
Back