• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 7] Single Stage Sun

Years
  • My copy of Sun was still in Plastic and I need to play through it before my Bank expires in a couple months to get myself apriball gen 5 starters =3
    Having played Ultra Moon not long ago I figured why not go with a bit more unusual of a team this time? So I will be playing through Sun with a team of only mons who can't evolve at all!
    And I figured I could try a Travel Journal for this playthrough =)

Single stage mons only... that immediately gives me a problem...
    Unfortunately neither Route 1 nor Hau'oli City have any single stage Pokemon.... I thought I could catch a Furfrou in the latter, but it's actually only in USUM.
    I'll be using only the starter until I can catch my first single stage mon... which will be Smeargle on Route 2... not entirely sure if I'll keep it for the entire playthrough though...
    As such I consider access to Route 2 my starting point for the single stages only thing. I can grind for one in the first patch of grass without fighting any trainers there.

I'll also be keeping an Alolan Meowth on me until it evolves into Alolan Persian, solely so I can later get the Love Ball.
    I've also caught a Yungoos, Caterpie, Pikipek, Wingull, Magnemite, Alolan Grimer, Alolan Rattata, Slowpoke, Abra and Drowzee just to fill the dex a bit for one of those side quests.
    Did all the early game stuff... the Festival, the trainer school etc. etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

After crushing a couple Team Skull grunts with Ilima, I finally have acces to Route 2!
    Had many encounters before finally finding a Smeargle, caught it in the very first patch of grass as intended!
    Caught it in a Great Ball on the last turn, right before it would've struggled itself to death thankfully.
    Went back to the trainer's school to find a Magnemite and kept switching between Rowlet and Smeargle until I was able to Sketch it's Thunder Shock.
    Went back to Route 2 to have it Sketch a Yungoos' Pursuit.

Grinded Smeargle to level 15 on Route 1. Went back to the dude in the city who wanted to see 10 mons registered for some Ultra Balls. Boxed Rowlet, who had evolved into a Dartrix already, at this point. It's only use since catching Smeargle was just to switch back and forth with it so I could Sketch moves.

Went back to Route 2 to fight all the trainers now and did some minor grinding to get Smeargle to level 18.
    Also caught a Misdreavus, Zubat, Drifloon, Spearow, Growlithe and Cutiefly. Mainly catching mons to improve my odds for Critical captures at this point.
    Also realized I should've Sketched a Makuhita's Arm Thrust instead of Pursuit. Would've been helpful against the first totem Pokemon...
    Apparently my Alolan Meowth has Pickup... it was holding a Full Heal.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Time to go into the first trial with just a level 18 Smeargle... and an Alolan Meowth because it will lose happiness if I box it before evolving.
    I'm not gonna use the Meowth though.... I just need to see if I can do this at this level.

Nope, the first Yungoos I fight put me in red with 1 Hyper Fang... I reloaded and started grinding more xD

Went in again with a Level 21 Smeargle, because that's when it learns sketch again. Had it Sketch Makuhita's Arm Thrust once I finally found one... who used Fake Out after using Arm Thrust forcing me to reload due to Smeargle Sketching that instead. So I attempted it again and successfully Sketched Arm Thrust.

Did the trial without any real issue now. Used an X Defense at the start of the Totem fight. Spammed Arm Thrust after that till it fainted.
    Survived without ever being in real danger. Level 21 vs a Level 12 Totem though =P
    After the fight the Meowth evolved into Persian, so I can box it now until I can use it to claim the Love Ball =3

Route 3 unlocked... single stage options are... Delibird. Which is on the rarer end and I'll be stuck with Present until Level 25.
    And I prefer to avoid type overlap... and since the MeleMele Meadow has a far stronger and more common single stage Flying type shortly after it.. sorry Delibird, but I do believe I will be skipping you =p

Team:

1) Smeargle - Own Tempo:
    -Thunder Shock
    -Pursuit
    -Arm Thrust

Last edited:
    Years
  • Fought a trainer with an extremely annoying Petilil on route 3 while battling all the trainers there.
    Arm Thrust spam won out over it's Mega Drain eventually though. On to the Meadow!

Caught a Cottonee in the Meadow and a Mankey and Rufflet before entering it.
    Ended up fighting Hau with just Smeargle as I started wondering if I had to get nebbie out of the way first to get Oricorio to show up.
    Probably was just unlucky though... somehow got the 1% Butterfree encounter and never the 20% Oricorio @_@

Went back after beating Hau to grind for Oricorio. Thirty minutes later I finally found and caught one!
    Seriously that took way too long just to find a single Oricorio xD
    Nicknamed her 'Flamenco', as I intend to have it swap forms to the Fire type one as soon as I can. I can still use this form in the meantime though.
    Realized I forgot to nickname Smeargle... oh well.. The name rater is on the second island iirc so I'll fix that then.

Time to grind Flamenco up to level 15. Grinded on Route 3, but the SOS calls were annoyingly frequent. Also fought the trainers there, including the Route trainer.
    About to face Hala with a Level 16 Oricorio and a level 24 Smeargle. Gave Oricorio a Sharp Beak I obtained from defeating Spearow's to hold.
    I don't remember what level Hala's team is, but Flamenco learned Air Cutter so I'm fairly confident in this =D

---Hala Battle---
    Flamenco knocks out the Mankey with a single Air Cutter, after taking a hit.
    Makuhita uses Fake Out and lives the Air Cutter in Yellow Health, bordering on red.
    Assuming Hala heals, I use a Potion. He does.
    Two more Air Cutters and the Makuhita goes down. I take an Arm Thrust in between.
    Out comes the Crabrawler.... and it's slower than me so I faint it with a single Air Cutter. Z-move denied old man!
    ---Hala Battle---

I've never been big on Pom Pom Oricorio, but it's growing on me =D
    Ride Pager and Tauros unlocked! Time to backtrack for items and then go find my third team member before leaving the island!

First backtracked the island's routes and caves for every Tauros boulder I could remember. Caught a Spinarak for the dex at some point.
    Then went to Ten Carat Hill. The very first Pokemon I encounter happens to be my target: Carbink.
    I Air Cutter it twice as it's resisted. Missed the third Air Cutter and it SOS calls for a Sableye. Which suits me just fine actually.
    I knock out the Carbink and catch the Sableye instead. I catch a Roggenrola for the dex and I go to the inner area.
    Here I catch a Carbink that doesn't get the help it calls for. Supposedly there's Spinda here too... I'll attempt to get one.
    Found and caught one after about 20 minutes. Caught a Rockruff in the meantime for one of those quest/request thingies from a tourist.

Decision time...
    ... I decided against using the Diancie, which was my original reason for going to Ten Carat Hill lol
    I really want to use Klefki on my team, and Diancie's Fairy type would overlap with it.
    I didn't nickname any of these three as I wanted to think about which of these I would use, if any.
    I decided I'll replace Smeargle with Spinda, so I'll nickname it once I can.
    I've already used a Sableye multiple times before and tbh, I kinda don't want to use one yet again... so nvm that.

I plan to add Bruxish to my team once I can as well. Both Bruxish and Klefki aren't available until the third island though.
    Idk what my other two member will be yet, but I would prefer to catch them on the second island if possible.

Swapped Smeargle out for Spinda and went to the marina to trigger the cutscenes and go to the second island!

Arrived in HeaHea City and went to the Name Rater to rename Spinda to RightRound.
    Defeated Dexio and explored the city for items. Went to Route 4 and saved/quit at the very start of it.

Team:

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, Sharp Beak.
    -Pound
    -Growl
    -Air Cutter
    -Baton Pass
    2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf.
    -Tackle
    -Copycat
    -Faint Attack

Years
  • Navigated through Route 4 beating all the trainers and searching for items.
    Caught a Lillipup, Mudbray, Eevee, Grubbin and Crabrawler for the dex. No single stages on this route.

Arrived in Paniola Town and beat Hau. He did get his Z-move off, but it barely did anything. Explored the town quickly and healed.
    Entered Paniola Ranch and saved and quit.

Defeated the first trainer's Carbink by just spamming Copycat with Spinda. Totally unnecessary but I just felt like it xD
    Copied every Sharpen and Harden and Smack Down and Rock Throws as well... it was just such an unnecessarily lengthy battle rofl

Obtained Stoutland for the Ride Pager at the ranch, from Mallow.
    Talked to a Tauros and did the bit about it being rowdy and needing to be calmed by 'the mistress' and then fighting it anyway.
    Received a Scope Lens for doing this. Searched the Ranch for hidden items.
    Went back to Paniola Town and Route 4 and searched for hidden items there too. Caught an Igglybuff for the dex while doing this.

Went back to Paniola Ranch. The only single stages I can catch here are Tauros and Miltank. Which I have both used before and they overlap with Spinda anyway.
    Continued exploring the route beating trainers and picking up items.
    Went inside the Nursery and obtained an Egg and a TM.
    Entered Route 5 and saved and quit.

No single stages to be found on Route 5.
    Beat Gladion's Zubat with two of RightRound's Psybeams and his Type:Null with a couple of Flamenco's Air Cutters.
    Explored the rest of the route as far as I can from this end and beat all the trainers.
    Caught a Fomantis. Traded a Lillipup for a Bounsweet at the Pokemon Center for a free Dex entry.

Entered Brooklet Hill and fought the fisherman near the entry. RightRound leveled up and I had it learn Dizzy Punch.
    The only single stage Pokemon here are Alomomola and Wishiwashi, which will overlap with Bruxish's Water Typing, so I'll be passing on them.
    Though I might catch whichever shows up first just in case I need a Water type for Olivia later.
    Caught Dewpider, Psyduck, Paras, Poliwag and Wishiwashi.

Obtained Lapras for my Ride Pager. I completely forgot Brooklet Hill was this way in the original Sun/Moon ngl.
    Fought the other trainers and explored for items while doing Lana's tasks.

Time for the trial fight against the Totem Wishiwashi.
    I lead with Oricorio and use an X Defense on turn 1. Should've used an X Sp. Def apparently, but didn't have any. It hits me and calls for a Wishiwashi.
    I use Air Cutter which knocks out the the additional Wishiwashi. I take another hit.
    I heal with a Super Potion and get hit by Water gun again.
    I use another Air Cutter and get the Totem into the Yellow. It eats a berry and I get hit again. It then calls for an Alomomola.
    Used a second Super Potion. The Alomomola heals the Totem and the Totem misses it's attack.
    Two more Air Cutters to get rid of the Alomomola and get the Totem back to Yellow. Took a Water gun from the Alomomola and the Totem, and then got turned into a Water type by it.
    One more Air Cutter, which crits and faints the Totem.

Cleared the trial and obtained the Fishing Rod. Took Lana up on her offer to take me back to the Pokemon Center.
    Healed at the Pokemon Center and went back to Paniola Ranch. Scared off the Sudowoodo blocking the way with my sparkly blue crystal of doom.
    Entered Route 6 and saved and quit.

Team:

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, Sharp Beak. Level 25.
    -Pound
    -Growl
    -Air Cutter
    -Baton Pass
    2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 25.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Copycat
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam

Years
  • Route 6 - Looks like the only single stage mon here is the Psychic type Oricorio... oh well.
    Explored the Route searching for items and fought the trainers.
    Beat up a pair of NumbSkulls with Hapu.
    The Egg hatched into a healthy little Eevee!

I go back to HeaHea City to explore the new area available for items. And then back to Route 6 again.
    I enter Royal Avenue and explore what I can without heading to the Battle Royal.
    I exit out onto Route 7 instead to explore it for items and beat the trainers =3
    Caught a Finneon and Alolan Diglett for the Dex.
    The only single stage mon here is Pyukumuku. So another ignore and I'm still at 2 team members T^T

On to Wela Volcano Park. There are Kangaskhan here, but they are very rare and overlap.... welp.
    Caught a Fletchling, Magby, female Salandit and Cubone for the Dex.
    Went down the Mountain again after reaching the top to fight the trainers on the way down and find items.
    Can't do the trial yet anyway.... so upon reaching the base of the mountain again I run back to Royal Avenue.

Ugh time to do the Battle Royal thing... really wish this stupid thing was skippable....
    Let's just get this trash over with, I guess.... I just kept using Air Cutter. The others ganged up on Rockruff and it was the only one to faint.
    Back to the Volcano for the trial now. I'm just gonna use Oricorio again... it's the stronger of my 2 mons.

---Trial start---
    First dance... Middle Marowak... correct! Two Air Cutters and it faints.
    Second dance... gee I wonder if it's the hiker? Correct. Knock the Hiker's Magmar out with two Air Cutters.
    Final dance... the Totem Salazzle... duh. Lol, can you even get this one wrong? 'The black Pokemon', 'the New Pokemon' and 'The suspicious Pokemon' are the other options.
    Kinda wish they had kept it more like spot the difference as with the initial dance. Oh well.

---Totem battle start!---
    I use a Dire Hit on turn one. Salazzle uses Toxic and calls for a Salandit.
    The power of friendship triumphs and the Poison is magically gone!
    I use Air Cutter and knock out the Salandit and do just under half to the Totem. Salazzle uses Torment and calls for a Salandit again.
    I Pound Salazzle due to Torment. It ends up in the yellow, almost red. Eats a berry that raises something.... dunno what, I wasn't paying attention tbh =p
    Salandit Taunts me and Salazzle uses Flame Burst and gets me to just under half HP.
    I use Air Cutter and knock both out. Easy clap. Didn't even actually get any crits... xD
    Spinda wanted to learn Sucker Punch, but I declined. Another Z-Crystal obtained.
    Charizard has been unlocked in the Ride Pager. I'll backtrack to MeleMele later, I wanna complete the northern loop on this island first.
    I head back to Route 7 to lower the barricade.

I go through the tunnel to Route 8. Bumped into a weirdo who insist on acting like there's buttons to press on his arms, who gave me a TM.
    Fought the trainers here and searched for items. Once again there's no new members for the team on this route.... D=
    Caught a Wimpod for the Dex. Went back to the Route trainer and beat her.
    I ignored Lush Jungle and searched the previously inaccessible area of route 5 for trainers to fight and items to collect.
    While fighting these trainers Oricorio wanted to learn Roost so I had it forget Growl for it.
    Went to the Route trainer and beat him. Then used Charizard Glide to go back to the Route 8 Pokemon Center.
    Healed and then went to Lush Jungle and saved and quit right outside.

Entered Lush Jungle and started the trial.

---Trial start---
    I need a Mago Berry, Tiny Mushroom, Revival Herb and Miracle Seed.
    Stoutland sniffs out mushrooms nearby. I take the small one, but the Big one attacks me and turns out to be a Parasect.
    Two Dizzy Punches from RightRound deal with it.
    Went to the right area and smashed all the rocks with Tauros and found the Miracle Seed.
    There's a Machamp Shove boulder here that I can't use yet though. There was one in Ten Carat Hill too.
    Went to the top left area and got jumped by a Fomantis leaping out of a tree. A single Dizzy Punch deals with it. I pick up the nearby Mago Berry after.
    Went to the top right area and pulled out a patch of shorter grass and got a Revival Herb. Got attacked by a Fomatis and 1 hit it with a Dizzy Punch.
    Swapped Flamenco back in the lead and finished searching this area before heading back to Mallow.

---Totem battle start!---
    -Lurantis uses Razor Leaf. Flamenco uses Air Cutter which knocks the Lurantis into Yellow. It calls for a... Castform? =o
    -Lurantis uses Synthesis. I use Air Cutter again. Castform uses Sunny Day.
    -Lurantis uses Synthesis again and I just use Air Cutter again. Castform uses Headbutt.
    -Lurantis uses Synthesis again and I use Air Cutter again. I crit the Lurantis from full HP down into he red, but miss Castform, which would've fainted and it uses Weather Ball.
    -I use a Moomoo Milk. Lurantis uses Solar Blade, but misses... friendship I guess? Castform uses Weather Ball.
    -Lurantis uses Synthesis.... I use Air Cutter and knock it back into red and knock out Castform. Lurantis calls for a Trumbeak.
    -Lurantis uses Synthesis... again @_@ I crit again and finally send it packing. Trumbeak is in yellow HP. Trumbeak uses Supersonic and confuses me.
    -I use Air Cutter again and it faints as well.
    Grassium Z obtained and the professor shows up to give me a TM. Then he drags me out when I wanted to stay to look for Pokemon....

I go back into Lush Jungle... the single stages here are Comfey... which overlaps with my future Klefki, and Passimian.
    There's also a Castform from Weather SOS battles, but it overlaps with Spinda; as well as Pinsir, which just doesn't interest me as I've already used it before.
    Ngl I would prefer Oranguru between the two gen 7 monkeys, but that would overlap with Spinda anyway, so Passimian being my version exclusive actually works out for the best.
    Would prefer a dual type, but I don't have a Fighting type or plans for any, and I've never used a Passimian so this is almost perfect. Especially with a Rock type Kahuna coming up. Definitely gonna make this my third team member! =D
    It is unfortunately a 5% encounter though... might take a while to get it D=

I catch a Bonsly and Comfey for the Dex.
    After roughly 40 minutes I finally found a Passimian. Which kept calling for allies, forcing me to use an X Attack and X Defense on my Oricorio just to deal with them.
    Eventually caught it in a Timer Ball. Third team Member obtained =D
    I nickname it Wilson, because of the ball like fruit it has and a certain movie coming to mind when I looked at it =P
    Can't help but notice all three are female =o
    The Bonsly I caught while searching for Passimian evolved into a Sudowoodo after the fight... so I ran to the nearby Pokemon Center to ditch the Sudowoodo and Comfey and heal.
    I give Passimian an Expert Belt to hold, for the time being. I look through my TMs to see if I got anything decent I can teach my mons.
    I make Wilson forget Focus Energy and teach it Brick Break. I also teach it Brutal Swing instead of Beat Up. I've used Beat Up before and it's rather lackluster imo.
    Made Flamenco forget Baton Pass to learn Acrobatics.

I fly back to Melemele to check on some areas I can access now that I have Lapras Paddle. First I go to the Hau'oli City Beachfront.
    Explored the Melemele Sea and fought the trainers here. There are Luvdisc and Johto Corsola here, but I already got plans for a Water type.
    Looks like I'll need Sharpedo to fully explore this area. Caught a Tentacool and a Luvdisc for the Dex.
    Secondly I head to the Meadow and enter Seaward cave where I catch a Barboach for the Dex and nab an item.
    I go out into Kala'e Bay and explore it for items. No new options for single stage mons here.
    I fly back to Heahea City.

I head to the Dimensional Research Lab to progress the story and I meet Professor Burnet.
    Afterward I see a funky hole in the air and then head to Diglett's Tunnel and explore it for items and fight all the trainers. Found another Machamp Shove block.
    Wilson learned Take Down so I replaced Rock Smash with it.
    Went back near the entrance to fight the Route trainer, who knocked out Passimian with a Z-move. Oricorio finished him off with an Air Cutter.

Out of the Tunnel and onto Route 9. Fought the trainers and grabbed the items. No new single stage options here so I quickly enter Konikoni City.
    Explored the city and traded a Zubat for a Poliwhirl and completed a Dex task for showing someone the entry on Passimian.

Left the city and headed to Memorial Hill. No new single stage options here again. Looks like I'll be leaving this island with a team of 3.
    Fought the trainers here and explored for items. The Comfey trainer was pretty annoying... constantly using Sweet Kiss and Wrap.
    Caught a Phantump for the Dex.
    Continued on to Akala outskirts and fought the trainers and collected the items again. Once more there are no new single stage options.
    Entered and left the Ruins of Life as there's nothing to do here atm.
    Trained Wilson to Level 28 and went back to Konikoni City.
    Saved in front of Olivia's shop and quit.

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, no item. Level 34, Impish nature.
    -Pound
    -Roost
    -Air Cutter
    -Acrobatics
    2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 34, Quirky nature.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Copycat
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam
    3) Wilson the Passimian: Receiver, Expert Belt. Level 28, Lax nature.
    -Take Down
    -Brick Break
    -Brutal Swing
    -Scary Face

Those were two lengthy as heck sessions in one day rofl

Years
  • Went into Olivia's shop and got given a Max Potion by Probopass. Talked to the people and checked what's for sale. Then went upstairs to rummage through their belongings.
    Went back outside and headed for the Ruins of Life, but bumped into Aether's fabulous last line of defense, who is oh so very important and amazing, and a couple NumbSkulls on the way.
    Mr-amazing chickens out and I fight the NumbSkulls with an Aether Employee. A single Brick Break from Wilson and I've won.

I progress further to the Ruins of Life and Plumeria tries to pick a fight with me.
    Golbat uses Air Cutter and I use Take Down. Wilson won't live another hit so I switch to Flamenco.
    Golbat ofc does what Golbat does and confuses me.
    I hit myself in confusion and Golbat misses it's attack.
    Golbat uses Air Cutter and I use Acrobatics. Golbat down.
    Salandit comes in and I stay in.
    Flamenco hits itself in confusion again and Salandit misses it's attack due to the power of friendship.
    Flemenco uses Acrobatics and 1 hits the Salandit with a crit.

I need to heal, but don't feel like walking all the way back, so I just use a Super Potion each on Wilson and Flamenco.
    Aaaaaaand Lillie heals me anyway... well w/e xD
    Time to fight the Kahuna.

---Grand Trial: Kahuna Olivia---
    Wilson uses Brick break and the Nosepass uses Thunder Wave.
    I use Paralyze Heal and Olivia uses some type of Potion.
    I use Brick Break again and Nosepass barely lives. Nosepass uses Thunder Wave.
    I use a Full Heal. Nosepass hits me with Spark.
    I use Brick Break and faint it.
    Boldore comes in and I stay in.
    I Brick Break again. Boldore uses Headbutt.
    One more Brick Break and Boldore faints.
    Lycanroc comes in and I stay in again. It's Z-move could faint me.
    But it uses Rock Throw... what? why?
    One Brick Break and it's gone.
    Wilson levels up and wants to learn Thrash so I make it forget Take Down.
    I obtain another sparkly gem I will likely never use... huzzah!

I use Charizard Glide to fly back to HeaHea City. I heal up at the Pokemon Center and buy 10 Hyper Potions and 2 Paralyze Heals.
    I sell off every treasure item, such as Pearls and Nuggets I still have, for money. I then buy Light Screen and Reflect from the TM shop.
    I head towards the Hano Grand Resort to explore it for items and chat up the locals. I explore the outside first and then head onto Hano beach.
    I catch a Staryu on the beach and do a round of Pyukumuku chucking. Then I head into the water to fight some trainers and pick up a couple stray items.
    Back to the Resort to go inside. Naturally I told Faba I wouldn't come just so I can further explore the inside =D
    Picked a fight with a couple of 'Golf Buddies' harassing a 'Machamp'. Fought some dude who thought he was famous as well.
    Went back to Faba to progress the story again and go to Aether Paradise.

Took the Aether Paradise tour and borrowed an item lying around while exploring the limited areas I have access to atm.
    I beat Nihilego and get treated to some cutscenes. I get the TM for Psychic... which I will likely have no use for.

I arrive on Ula'Ula Island... and immediately get a rival battle... just let me save and quit dude.
    Alola Raichu knocks out Wilson with a single Psychic. Flamenco defeats it with two Acrobatics, but ends up in the yellow after taking two Electro Balls.
    Flamenco levels up and wants to learn Air Slash, so I replace Air Cutter with it.
    Flamenco beats Flareon with a single Acrobatics. RightRound wants to learn Uproar so I replace Copycat with it.
    Brionne comes in and lives an Acrobatics in yellow. I survive it's Bubble attack with 10 HP and use another Acrobatics to end the fight.

I briefly explore the Ferry Terminal and head for the Pokemon Center. Talked to everyone and healed up.
    I save and quit.

Lacking any other options, I head to Malie Garden. I explore the garden and fight the trainers.
    Wilson wanted to learn Bulk Up so I replaced Scary Face with it.
    Caught a Masquerain, Magikarp and Ariados for the Dex. The Magikarp evolved before I left... free extra dex entry I guess.
    Talked to the Professor. Was expecting a Guzma fight on the way out, but guess that's USUM only.
    I drop off the catches at the PC, and take Alolan Persian with me.
    I heal up and head out side and talk to Lillie and then Tanned Samson Oak.

I continue exploring the City for items and talk to everyone.
    Showed Samson Oak my Alolan Persian and obtained the Love Ball. While at the community center I answered a quiz and got some weather rocks.
    Went to the Outer Cape once finished with the city itself and helped a janitor sort out it's successor. Obtained a Friend Ball from Samson Oak.
    Caught a Trubbish for the Dex. Went back to the PC and ditched Trubbish and the Alolan Persian again.

Went out onto Route 11 and caught a Alolan Raticate and Pancham for the Dex.
    Grabbed the items and battled the trainers up to the Barricade.
    Went back to the PC again to dump the new catches and entered Route 10 and then saved and quit.

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, no item. Level 38, Impish nature.
    -Pound
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Acrobatics
    2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 39, Quirky nature.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Uproar
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam
    3) Wilson the Passimian: Receiver, Expert Belt. Level 35, Lax nature.
    -Thrash
    -Brick Break
    -Brutal Swing
    -Bulk Up

Years
  • Explored Route 10 and fought the trainers.
    Caught a Skarmory, Ledian and Fearow for the Dex.
    Helped an old lady find her Stufful and battled some Numbskullz at the bus stop.

Took the bus up the mountain. Talked to everyone at the top. Samson Oak gives me a Moon Ball and I find a Level Ball in a parking lot.
    I make my way down the mountain searching for items and Trainers to fight. Found the Fast Ball and Heavy Ball.
    Attempted to catch a Minior, but it went kuhboom.
    Went back to the top to heal and then fought the route trainer. One hit the dude's Absol.

Molayne picks a fight with me. I Brick Break his Skarmory. He uses Air Cutter.
    We repeat the previous turn.
    One more Brick Break and the Skarmory is gone.
    Out comes Metang and I stay in. I use Brutal swing and knock it almost into the red. It uses Pursuit.
    One more Brutal Swing and it faints.
    I'm still in green HP so I stay in again.
    I Brick Break the Dugtrio but it Metal Claws me first. No matter, I live it and 1 hit the Dugtrio.
    First a Quick Heal at the PC and then I head into the observatory.

Talked to some people and then head for Sophocles. I tell him I don't like Festival Plaza and we start the trial.
    An Audio Quiz? I don't remember this at all xD
    I get the first question right and then fight a Grubbin. A single Thrash sends it packing.
    Next Quiz question... answered correctly again.. and I fight a Charjabug. Is there even a point to getting these right?
    It lives the first round of Thrash in red HP, but goes down to a second one.
    Flamenco wants to learn Revelation Dance, so I make it forget Pound.
    Quiz question number three... correct again. Another Charjabug... another two rounds of Thrash handles it.
    Final Quiz question... I don't even recognize the sound this time, but Totem Pokemon is an answer so it's probably that =P correct!

---Totem Fight---
    I use Bulk Up. Vikavolt uses Spark and calls for a Charabug.
    I use Brutal Swing. Vikavolt uses Spark and Paralyzes me... Charabug uses Thunder wave... xD
    Vikavolt uses Spark and I use Thrash which faints the Charjabug.
    Vikavolt uses Spark and then takes the second turn of Thrash, which it barely survives. It then summons another Charabug.
    I use a Hyper Potion to heal Wilson. Vikavolt uses Charge and Charjabug uses Spark.
    I contemplate whether or not to use the RageCandyBar, but click Brutal Swing instead. Vikavolt uses Spark. I get Paralyzed. Charjabug uses Spark too.
    I use the RageCandyBar. Another Spark from both of them.
    I click Brutal Swing which faints the Totem and does half HP to the Charjabug. It uses Thunder Wave.
    I click Thrash and end the fight.
    Wilson wanted to learn Fling, but I passed on it.
    Another sparkly crystal obtained, and a funky dance move learned. Followed by another one from Molayne.

I Charizard Glide back to Malie City and head to Malie Garden to head to a certain person, who insists on denying his alter ego, the mask their alter ego uses...
    Kukui and Guzma are comparing Z-Crystal sizes and drag me into it... ugh....
    'Your boy Guzma' tries to fight me.

---Guzma---
    Out comes the Golisopod. I click Bulk Up. He goes for Swords Dance.
    I click Thrash and the Golispod Emergency Exits while barely still in the yellow.
    Ariados comes in and uses Shadow Sneak, then faints from the second Thrash turn.
    I get confused and stay in. I click Thrash again and don't hit my self in confusion, so I knock out the Golisopod.
    Well that was stupidly easy.... I sometimes struggle against him depending on my team xD

I obtain the Z-crystal for my starter, which is useless in this playthrough =P
    I head back to Route 11 to get the barricade lowered.
    I enter Route 12 and save and quit.

I get a new Ride Pager mon: Mudsdale Gallop. I admire the Fanta colored sea water... just... wth xD
    Hmmm I can catch a Torkoal here, but I'm not sure I wanna use one.
    Very first wild encounter is one though, so... after tossing many balls I catch it just in case I do wanna use it.

Explored the Route fighting any trainers and searching for items.
    Entered the Secluded Shore and did the same. Caught a Bruxish with a Quick Ball at the only fishing spot, while it had bubbles/waves! =D
    I was worried getting a Bruxish would probably take a while, but lucked out =D
    I nicknamed it TestSubject, because it looks like it's got makeup on and it's an animal so...
    Back to Route 12 and on to Blush Mountain.

I fight the trainer and explore for a couple items. I contemplate catching a Turtonator for the team and remember I still need to change Oricorio's form who will become fire type...
    There's also Togedemaru, but that overlaps with Klefki. I could alternatively leave Oricorio in it's current form...
    Went inside and talked to everyone and got a Lure Ball from Samson Oak.
    Back to Route 12 and onward to Route 13.
    Quickly explored Route 13 as there's not much there. No trainers, just some items and a couple fishing spots and a bunch of people to talk to.

Arrived at Tapu village. Briefly hopped into Festival Plaza to see if I can check the GTS for a Carvanha. Froze up.
    Quickly abandoned that idea. Guess I'll need to redo the tutorial stuff if I ever use Festival Plaza again.
    Luckily I saved before entering Festival Plaza. After that I kinda wanted to use Bank to bring over a Carvanha with Ice and Poison Fang to make full use of Strong Jaw, but decided against it.
    I don't wanna bring in stuff from outside the game.

Finished exploring Tapu Village. There are Absol here and I'm seriously considering using one... it's just that I've already used it a couple times on my teams.
    Caught a Snorunt and Alolan Vulpix. Decided against using Absol again.

I go to Route 14 and explore the beach first, searching for items and trainers to fight.
    I put TestSubject in the lead for some good ol' switch training as she was only level 20 when I caught her.
    Went back to Tapu Village through the water. Healed up at the PC and went on to Route 15.
    Explored what I could without entering the water. Went to Aether House after that.
    Me & Hau beat up a couple little kids in a Pokemon battle. I head outside and save Lillie from a Numbskull.
    Gave TestSubject the Amulet Coin to hold afterward.
    I then fly back to Route 12 to fight the route Kahuna, as I suddenly remembered forgetting to fight the dude.
    Knocked his Pokemon out with a couple Acrobatics from Flamenco, while still switch training TestSubject.
    TestSubject wants to learn Crunch so I replace Bite.

I fly back to Tapu Village and head South to Route 14, after healing at the PC.
    I save and quit right before entering the trial site.

I enter the trial site.

---Trial start---
    a conveyor starts moving by itself! How spoopy!
    I fire up the PokeFinder and spy a Gastly! I snap a pic and it attacks.
    It outspeeds TestSubject and uses Hypnosis.... ofc it does.... I spend the turn asleep.
    It uses Hypnosis again and I continue napping.
    It uses Mean Look as I nap on.
    I uses Curse and I wake up and use Confusion. One dead ghost.
    I spy a Pikachu running away and then as I chase it a Shopping Cart starts moving on it's own. Oh noes!

Naturally I investigate with the PokeFinder and snap a pic of the culprit!
    The Haunter attacks! It uses Sucker Punch. I use Confusion and knock it into the yellow.
    It uses Hypnosis, because it wouldn't be a Haunter if it didn't... I sleep the turn away.
    It uses Sucker Punch as I nap and hits me... how is that even allowed? If I stay asleep it should fail!
    I won't live another one so I use a Soda Pop and Haunter uses Night Shade.
    Haunter uses Lick and I sleep on.
    I use another Soda Pop. It uses Lick again.
    Haunter uses Night Shade and I wake up and use Confusion to knock it out.
    Oh look, it's the pikachu again! Let's chase it so I can turn it into a ghost... +_+

I heal TestSubject in case the upcoming spoopy one knows Pursuit and then press on.
    I encounter some dolls that are moving by themselves... zoinks! I wonder what it could be?
    I snap a pic of the Gengar with the PokeFinder and it attacks.
    Keeping TestSubject in is too risky, so I swap into RightRound. Gengar uses Hypnosis, because this line always insists on being a nuisance.
    I nap my turn away and Gengar uses Shadow Ball.
    RightRound must've dreamt about me, because it woke up just for me <3 - I click Feint Attack and knock Gengar into the red. It tries to Shadow Punch.
    I click Feint Attack again, bye bye Gengar.
    Oh it's the Pikachu again! let's chase it, because obviously that's what everyone wants when they see a Pikachu right? killing it?
    The locked room unlocks itself... your surrender will not be accepted, Pikachu!
    I switch RightRound into the lead as switch training on a Totem seems risky.
    I enter the room. What no Pikachu in here that I can kill? awwwwwww...
    I snap a pic of a lovely doll instead!
    It glitched back and forth a bit showing a Pikachu... why would you even do that, you poor thing? of all the mons you could mimic you pick THAT thing!

---Totem Fight---

Mimikyu uses Play Rough and drops my offensive stats. I use Feint Attack and break the disguise. It summons a Haunter.
    There's no way I'm living another one, but I want a safe switch in. I click Feint Attack again. It actually misses the Play Rough and Haunter lands the obvious Hypnosis.
    Haunter Sucker Punches and Mimikyu Play Rouughs and RightRound faints.
    I send in Wilson. Mimikyu uses Play Rough and I use Brutal Swing to get rid of Haunter.
    Mimikyu Play Roughs Wilson gone.
    Flamenco goes in. Mimikyu misses Play Rough and takes an Acrobatics, living in red. Was hoping to faint it...
    Mimikyu lands Play Rough this time and I use Acrobatics again. Gengar uses Shadow Ball. I live in yellow.
    One Acrobatics and Gengar faints.
    Could've played that way cleaner, but whatever... I won =P

The trial ends and I show Acerola some spoopy pics. Yay another sparkly crystal I won't use!
    She tries to creep me out by saying there's no backroom and that my Pokefinder started on it's own.
    I don't fall for her tricks and notice the Mimikyu walking away as she walks away!

I wanna re-enter the building to find me a Klefki, but my team needs heals.
    One PC trip later I return to enter the Thrifty Megamart again.... and my very first encounter is... Klefki!! You wanna be on my team as much as I want you to be on it, huh? =3
    I catch it in a Premier Ball and I nickname the Klefki Fated =3
    This team is looking really girly.. like... all five of them are girls =O

I look through Serebii's Pokearth to see what single stages I can still encounter. There's a Dhelmise I can fish up at Seafolk Village... but I already used one on an Alola playthrough.
    I take a look at Sun&Moon's Island Scan Pokemon list. Not even a single Single Stage.
    Change of plans... I'll keep Flamenco in it's current form. I could rename it for something more fitting, but decide not to.
    With Flamenco no longer becoming a Fire type, I'm free to put a Fire type on my team. And I know which one I want.

I head back to Blush Mountain and suddenly remember I can go to the Desert now! Unfortunately there's no single stages I can use there.
    So after unlocking the barricade, I continue on to Blush Mountain.
    I catch a Charjabug and Togedemaru for the Dex. Never used a Togedemaru, but already got a Steel type.
    Took a good hour before a Turtonator finally showed. Nicknamed it Birdo.
    All female team =o

I head back to Tapu Village and give my new mons items and do so item swapping.
    Taught Birdo Work Up.
    I head back to Aether House and Plumeria is there.

Birdo vs Golbat. Golbat uses Confuse Ray. Birdo uses Incinerate.
    I switch to RightRound. Golbat uses Poison Fang. I get badly poisoned, because ofc I do.
    Golbat tries to use Confuse Ray, but I got Own Tempo. One Psybeam and it's gone.
    I switch to TestSubject and Salazzle comes in.
    It uses Toxic. I use Confusion.
    Salazzle uses Flame Burst. I use Confusion and it barely lives.
    Salazzle uses Flame Burst again... does it not have Venoshock? I use Confusion and beat Plumeria.

I return to the PC to heal. Then I head for the desert because I had already forgotten about it xD
    I save at the entrance and quit.

An all-female team, Girl Power!
    I did briefly attempt to use an Oricorio before, but I already ditched it after beating Hala on that playthrough.. so I barely used it that time.
    Otherwise, this team is all mons I've never used before! =D
    Looking forward to working with the new additions =3

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, no item. Level 44, Impish nature.
    -Revelation Dance
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Acrobatics

2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 45, Quirky nature.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Uproar
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam

3) Wilson the Passimian: Receiver, Expert Belt. Level 42, Lax nature.
    -Thrash
    -Brick Break
    -Brutal Swing
    -Bulk Up

4) TestSubject the Bruxish: Strong Jaw, Metronome. Level 32, Careful Nature.
    -Confusion
    -Crunch
    -Aqua Jet
    -Disable

5) Fated the Klefki: Prankster, Amulet Coin. Level 32, Quiet Nature.
    -Spikes
    -Draining Kiss
    -Crafty Shield
    -Foul Play

6) Birdo the Turtonator: Shell Armor, Charcoal. Level 28, Bold Nature.
    -Incinerate
    -Flail
    -Work Up
    -Iron Defense

Years
  • I enter the Haina Desert. While exploring it Birdo wants to learn Flamethrower so I replace Incinerate with it.
    TestSubject wants to learn Aqua Tail, so I replace Aqua Jet with it.
    Wilson wants to learn Close Combat, but I pass.
    RightRound wants to learn Double-Edge, but I pass on it.
    I catch a Sandile and Trapinch for the Dex.
    I find the Ruins of Abundance as well as the Psychium-Z.
    I fly back to the PC to heal and then head back to Route 15.
    I obtain Sharpedo Jet for my Ride Pager from Grimsley.

I speed through the water and pick up a couple stray items and fight the handful of trainers.
    Birdo wants to learn Body slam, I decline.
    Flamenco wanted to learn Agility, but I pass.
    I fight a scientist with an annoying Alolan Muk who keeps spamming Minimize. Eventually knock it out though lol
    Crawled under a trailer to get a TM, then went inside it. Sina and Dexio give me an explanation on the nearby machine and I make myself a Zygarde 10%. Have fun in the PC Zygarde-doggo!
    Oh wait apparently this is already route 16? lol... I fly back to Tapu village to go fight the Route trainer near the Aether House.
    I beat the trainer without any real standouts and fly back to the Route 16 PC.
    I save and quit in front of the Meadow.

I enter the Ula'Ula Meadow and explore it, fighting trainers and searching for items.
    Caught a Ribombee for the Dex.
    I enter the Lake of the Moone for a quick peek and find a TM. The only one who can learn Psyshock is Klefki so I guess there's no point.
    Time to go back and enter Route 17. Explored Route 17 and at some point Birdo wanted to learn Shell Smash so I replaced Work Up.
    Wilson wants to learn Reversal. Tempting, but I like the moves Wilson has atm, so I pass on it.
    I beat up the gatekeepers and enter Po Town. One quick heal at the PC on Route 16 and I return here.

I beat up every Numbskull I see while grabbing any items. Once I'm done with those outside I head inside to further crush these goons.
    I find some passwords conveniently strewn about. First one I find is 'Beat Up', then 'Tapu Cocoa'.
    I head upstairs and find another pasword 'Golisopod'.
    TestSubject finally wants to learn Psychic Fangs! I replace Confusion with it.
    Fated wanted to learn Play Rough so I replaced Spikes.
    I answer all the questions correctly and head out onto the balcony. I defeat the one Numbskull out here and then fly back to the Route 16 Pokecenter.
    After healing I head back to where I was in Po Town.
    I walk into Guzma's room and remind him he's not a big bad, but just plain Guzma.

---Guzma fight---
    I forgot to put Wilson in the lead... Birdo's flamethrower should still be okay enough hopefully. Golisopod hits me first with Razor Shell and then gets to Emergency Exit.
    One Flamethrower deals with Ariados after taking a Sucker Punch.
    Golisopod comes back in. I should live another Razor Shell so I stay in. I live in red and use Flamethrower. Golisopod faints.
    Well that was easy still lol

Guzma returns yungoos and I take one of his Buginium Z's. Suddenly I can't Charizard Glide back out... guess I'll have to walk back.
    I encounter Nanu outside. One chat later I Charizard Glide back to Aether House.
    After a cutscene where Lillie nobly sacrifices herself... for no reason what-so-freaking-ever.. wrist problem boy shows up and flies into a rage and wants to fight me... boy's got issues.
    I defeat his Golbat with two Flamethrowers from Birdo.
    His Type: Null gets divided by a single Brick Break from Wilson.
    His Sneasel suffers the same fate as Type: Null.
    Birdo wants to learn Dragon Pulse so I replace Flail.
    Kahuna Nanu wants to fight me so I accept.

---Kahuna Nanu---
    Sableye uses Fake Out.
    Sableye uses Power Gem and I use Dragon Pulse.
    Sableye uses Power Gem again and faints Birdo. No matter.
    Fated sends Sableye into the red with a Draining Kiss. Sableye uses Shadow Ball
    Nanu heals the Sableye and I use Draining Kiss again.
    I click Play Rough, but miss. Sableye uses Shadow Ball.
    Play Rough lands and Sableye is gone.
    Krokorok comes in and I stay in. Krokorok uses Earthquake. Kinda thought I'd be faster tbh.
    Wilson deals with it though, with a single Brick Break, after dodging a Swagger.
    Persian comes in. It uses Fake Out.
    It then uses Dark Pulse and I snap it in half with Brick Break.
    I get a new sparkly crystal and then Hau arrives and we leave for Aether Paradise.

I fight the Aether Employees in the Docks area.
    Klefki wanted to learn Magic Room, but I pass on it.
    I beat Faba's Hypno with a single Crunch from TestSubject.
    After a quick convenient heal from the Employee at the counter near the entrance, down to the secret labs we go.
    Flamenco wants to learn Hurricane, but I pass due to accuracy.
    Birdo deals with the first two researchers down here by itself and Wilson beats the third one.
    Two more trainers in Lab B... should've healed Birdo... which I use my first turn for now.
    Hau's Alola-chu dispatches the Machoke with Psychic and then I join in with Flamethrower and we knock out the Vanillish.
    I head back to the Entrance after checking the other lab and we fight some more Employee's.
    TestSubject wanted to learn Synchronoise, but I passed.
    Wicke heals my team and we fight two more Employees... this section always just feels like a drag, ngl.
    After that it's a fight with the remaining Employee and Mr.-Last-Line-Of-Defense-Faba. Such lag in these Hau double battles.
    Birdo kills the Ledian with two Flamethrowers thanks to it setting up Light Screen. Hau knocks out the Slowbro with two Thunderbolts.
    Birdo wants to learn Shell Trap, but I pass on it. It might be it's signature move, but I find it annoying to use.
    Birdo lives Bruxish's Psychic Fangs, but gets knocked out by Hau's Sparkling Aria... seriously dude?
    I send in my own Bruxish. One crunch and Faba's Bruxish is dead. Hau uses his Z-move on an absent target lmfao.
    I crunch the hypno to smithereens.
    I go outside after the path has been opened.

I explore left and right and then beat the line of Numbskulls.
    Guzma is in denial and acts like he stand a chance against me... oh well.

---Guzma fight---
    Birdo's Flamethrower is enough to make the Golisopod Emergency Exit.
    Masquerain comes in. It uses Air Slash and I flinch... ofc I do..
    I switch to Flamenco. One Revelation Dance and it's gone. Didn't even see what move it used on me.
    Golisopod comes back. I make it have a Revelation... that it's dead now.
    Ariados comes in. One Acrobaticss for you after you Sucker Punch me and you're gone.
    Last is Pinsir. I use Acrobatics again. Battle over.
    I run back to heal. Then I head inside past Guzma and go meet Pycho mom.
    After watching the family squabble and the following cutscene I fight Lusamine.

---Lusamine Fight---
    I lead with Birdo, but Lusamine leads with Clefable so I switch to Flamenco immediately.
    Clefable keeps spamming Metronome and I use Revelation Dance and then two Acrobatics to finish it off. With a Roost in between to heal.
    Mismagius comes in and I use Acrobatics again after taking a Mystical fire, that lowered my Sp. Attack.
    Milotic comes in. One Revelation Dance and Milotic uses hydro Pump.
    Another Revelation Dance followed by a Flail... which does very little damage considering it's in the red? =o
    Lusamine doesn't heal so the next Revelation Dance kills the Milotic.
    Bewear comes in. I outspeed and one Acrobatics sends it into the yellow. I barely live it's Hammer Arm.
    Another Acrobatics to finish it off.
    I switch back to Birdo due to low HP as the Lilligant comes in.
    It uses Teeter Dance. I get to use Flamethrower anyway and faint it.

Lusamine and Guzma enter the Wormhole. Good riddance if you ask me...
    Kinda thought this was when I chased after her into the wormhole, though? Guess not.
    After a chat with Wicke and a good night's rest it's time for another cutscene. Lillie does an embarrassing Z-move dance and I obtain a flute and a Master Ball from Gladion.
    I head to the docks so that I can progress to the next island.

I arrive on Poni Island in the Seafolk Village. After the dialogue I immediately save and quit.
    This was a lengthy session and I highly need a break lol

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, no item. Level 52, Impish nature.
    -Revelation Dance
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Acrobatics

2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 53, Quirky nature.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Uproar
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam

3) Wilson the Passimian: Receiver, Expert Belt. Level 49, Lax nature.
    -Thrash
    -Brick Break
    -Brutal Swing
    -Bulk Up

4) TestSubject the Bruxish: Strong Jaw, Metronome. Level 46, Careful Nature.
    -Psychic Fangs
    -Crunch
    -Aqua Tail
    -Disable

5) Fated the Klefki: Prankster, Amulet Coin. Level 48, Quiet Nature.
    -Play Rough
    -Draining Kiss
    -Mirror Shot
    -Foul Play

6) Birdo the Turtonator: Shell Armor, Charcoal. Level 47, Bold Nature.
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Shell Smash
    -Iron Defense

Years
  • I explore Seafolk Village and get a bunch of items, as well as an Aerodactyl for the Dex.
    I buy the Sludge Wave, Fire Blast, Thunder, Solar Beam and Calm Mind TM's at the PC. I sell a bunch of treasure items to make up for it.

I enter the Poni Wilds and do the usual.
    Wilson wants to learn Giga Impact, but I decline.
    Accidentally caught a Granbull for the Dex with my Master Ball due to not paying attention and expecting the Quick Ball in that slot rofl
    Oh well I rarely actually use them anyway xD
    After beating all the trainers I go back to the route Trainer.
    Fated wants to learn Heal Block so I replace Foul Play with it.
    Birdo wants to learn Overheat so I replace Iron Defense.

I enter Ancient Poni Path and obtain Machamp Shove for my Ride Pager. After exploring the area and fighting the only trainer here I head for Poni Breaker Coast.
    Not much here either.. a single trainer and a couple items. I try to surf, but apparently that's USUM only too? lol
    RightRound wants to learn Thrash so I replace Uproar.
    I enter the Ruins of Hope to progress the story and watch Hapu become the Kahuna.
    I fly back to Seafolk Village. After a bunch of yapping I arrive at Exeggutor Island.

Lilly gets attacked by a tree. I attempt to catch it, but it kills itself with recoil damage.
    I catch an Exeggcute and Gastrodon for the Dex.
    After sheltering from the rain and watching a Rainbow I get to move on.
    I obtain the Sun flute and head back to Poni Island.
    I pause to scan a bunch of QR-codes while on the way to Vast Poni Canyon, to prepare for when it's the right day.
    I encounter Lillie and a bunch of Numbskullz. Free Experience time.
    Plumeria hands me a sparkly crystal after I beat them up.

I enter Vast Poni Canyon. Time for some more blabbering.
    Oh wait, Grand Trial, already? =o

---Kahuna Hapu---
    Dugtrio uses Sandstorm and I faint it with Birdo's Flamethrower.
    I switch into Bruxish. Mudsdale comes out. I Aqua Tail and send it into the Yellow. Mudsdale uses it's Z move, Tectonic Rage, which actually faints Bruxish =o
    I send Wilson in and use Bulk Up. Mudsdale uses Earthquake and crits me into Yellow HP.
    I use Brick Break, but it lives. Stamina is such a nuisance. Wilson goes down.
    I send out Flamenco and use Acrobatics after Hapu uses a Hyper Potion. The Sandstorm subsides.
    Another Acrobatics followed by a Counter, which does little due Mudsdale's Stamina'd up Defense.
    I use Roost. Mudsdale uses Counter and does nothing.
    An Acrobatics followed by a Double Kick.
    An Acrobatics followed by a Counter.
    An Acrobatics followed by a Double Kick.
    Oh wait Air Slash is Special... ffs xD I use Air Slash and it does way more than Acrobatics and faints the Mudsdale =D
    In comes Gastrodon. I use Acrobatics and it uses Muddy Water.
    I use Roost. Gastrodon misses Muddy Water.
    I use Roost again. Gastrodon uses Recover... ah noes.
    I use Air Slash, but miss. Gastrodon uses Muddy Water.
    I use Air Slash and Gastrodon misses Muddy Water.
    I use Acrobatics and Gastrodon uses Muddy Water.
    I use Roost and Gastrodon uses Muddy Water.
    I use Acrobatics and Gastrodon uses Recover.
    I use Acrobatics and Gastrodon uses Muddy Water.
    I barely live, but one more Acrobatics should settle this. And it does.
    I switch to Birdo when Flygon comes in.
    Flygon uses Earth Power and crits... I barely live and strike back with Dragon Pulse... and it barely lives...
    Flygon Earth Power's again and Birdo faints.
    Fated goes in and uses Draining Kiss after surviving an Earth Power.
    Flygon faints, but that was a rough battle lol
    Mudsdale and Gastrodon are so tanky.

One more Z-crystal and funky dance later and I'm free to carry on. I talk with Lillie for a free heal.
    I enter the cave and Save and Quit... I'm tired out.

Years
  • I explore the cave and exit outside elsewhere. Then there's a section of going in and out of caves and I get to watch Lillie overcome her fear of crows after I nab me a hidden TM.
    Into the next cavern! I encounter a boulder shoving puzzle, which was as easy as always.
    Some rando gave me a Fairium Z. I unlock a shortcut back and beat some nearby trainers.
    I head for the hidden cave and explore it.
    Back to the main path and time to start the next trial... tomorrow.

It's Thursday now so I quickly fly to Exeggutor Island to go catch me a Serperior... or try to anyway.
    Really wish one of my mons could learn False Swipe =P
    Took 23 attempts... but Serperior finally went into the Friend Ball =D
    Now to scan some QR codes again to prepare for tomorrow.

It's Friday so time go catch a Samurott in a Lure Ball at the Poni Wilds.
    Found one.... and it goes in on the first attempt. Well that went a lot more smoothly lol
    Gonna scan some QR codes again to prepare for tomorrow.

It's Saturday; so it's time for the third Unova starter! Time to head for Ancient Poni Path and try to catch an Emboar in a Fast Ball.
    38 attempts later... oof. Took a while, but at least I got it =D
    Time to scan QR codes again. I save and then Island Scan for Emboar again... this time it's going into a Level Ball!
    Only 5 attempts... sweet =D
    One goal completed. Now to head back to Vast Poni Canyon and head towards the trial site.

Lillie shows up to heal my team as I try to go in... my team was already healed, but whatever xD
    --Trial Start---
    I get jumped by a Jangmo-o. One Draining Kiss gets rid of it.
    I then get jumped by a Hakamo-o. Another smooch seals the deal.
    I pick a fight with the Totem Kommo-o. I want to end it fast with Play Rough, but it uses Protect like a cheapskate. Then it calls in an Hakamo-o.
    Kommo-o uses Sky Uppercut. I use Play Rough and it lives in Red, but gets the Attack drop.
    I use Draining Kiss.... Protect again...
    Draining Kiss.... another Protect, but it fails. Kommo-o faints.
    I smooch the Hakamo-o and win the fight.
    Hakamo-o started with an Agility and used only Sky Uppercut after that btw.

With another sparkly crystal I won't be using in hand I press on. Lillie and Hapu rejoin me.
    I walk up a lengthy set of stairs. Lillie and I assume our positions at the Altar and blow the flutes.
    One cutscene and an overgrown-kitty wormhole-ride later we're in some dark place.
    Another couple cutscenes and a bunch of dialogue later Lusamine becomes Lusilego.
    Still think it's a pretty cool look... for a complete psycho.

---Lusamine fight---
    She leads with Clefable and I use Mirror Shot. Which does not do much. Clefable uses Moonblast.
    I use Mirror Shot again. Clefable uses Metronome.
    I swap to Bruxish as this will take forever otherwise. Clefable uses Moonlight. Dangit, should've use Heal Block after all....
    I use Psychic Fangs which sends it into yellow. Clefable Metronome's the Ghost Type on to me with Trick-or-Treat.
    I use Psychic Fangs again and faint the Clefable.
    Mismagius comes in and Pain Splits me when we are both at full HP.... lol One Psychic Fangs and it's gone.
    Lilligant comes in and uses Teeter Dance. Bruxish hits itself.
    Lilligant uses Petal Dance and faints Bruxish.
    I send out Birdo who tanks a Petal Dance before incinerating the plant with a Flamethrower.
    I switch to Flamenco for the incoming Milotic. I use Revelation Dance and send it into the yellow. It fires back with Hydro Pump and does the same.
    I Revelation Dance again and beat the Milotic.
    Bewear comes in. I go for Acrobatics... dang that thing is tanky, but it Pain Splits and heals me back up since it's HP is higher than mine xD
    It uses Baby Doll Eyes and I use Air Slash and it faints.

Lusilego becomes even more unhinged but gets blasted by Solgaleo and returns to normal... if you can even call her that.
    More cutscennes and Dialogues later I get to fight Nebby.

---Solgaleo---
    Solgaleo uses Zen Headbutt. I use Flamethrower.
    Solgaleo uses Crunch. I use Dragon Pulse.
    Solgaleo suddenly goes for Sunsteel Strike. Birdo somehow lives it and fires another Dragon Pulse.
    With Solgaleon now in the red I switch into Klefki to better tank the hits.... or so I thought lol... Solgaleo uses Sunsteel Strike and sends me into the yellow.
    I heal Birdo with a Max Potion. It uses Crunch.
    Then I heal Fated with a Max Potion. It uses Cosmic Power.
    I toss a Permier Ball. One wiggle. It uses Sunsteel Strike.
    I switch back to Birdo. Solgaleo uses Sunsteel Strike again, which Birdo takes much better than Fated.
    I toss another Premier Ball. Not even a single wiggle. Sunsteel Strike again.
    I toss a Luxury Ball. It goes in.
    I send it to a box and get the message 'Please collect the PokeBall' =O

A nice cutscene and a chat with Nanu later I accept his offer to go back to Tapu Village together.
    Wrist-problem-boi comes down with the lift to thank me by fighting me...

---Gladion fight---
    Crobat comes out first. Birdo uses Flamethrower after Crobat uses Cross Poison. It lives in yellow.
    We repeat the last turn, but it faints.
    Silvally comes in and I stay in. Red headspikes... is it Fire type Silvally then? Silvally uses Crunch and I use Dragon Pulse.
    I swap into TestSubject. Silvally crunches.
    I use Aqua Tail, but it's faster and uses X-Scissor. Thought I'd be faster... oh well.
    I send Wilson in and use Brick Break. It lives in Red and uses Multi-Attack.
    I use Bulk up and it repeats Multi-Attack.
    I use a Hyper Potion. It uses Multi-attack again and faints to Hail :fufu:
    Lucario comes in. It uses aura Sphere which I live in yellow and strike back with an OHKO Brick Break.
    Weavile comes in. There's no way I'm faster so I Max Potion. It uses Ice Shard... probably could've lived that.
    I use Brick Break after taking another Ice Shard.

After beating him I walk onto the lift and want to save and quit.
    But first a quick look through my TM's. I teach Fated Flash Cannon and make it forget Mirror Shot.
    I want to replace TestSubject's Disable with something, but spy nothing interesting in my TM's
    I fly back to Hau'Oli City and explore the mall.
    Then I fly to Malie City and buy the Aerial Ace, Payback and Swords Dance TM's.
    I teach TestSubject Swords Dance instead of Disable.
    I fly back to Tapu Village and head back to the lift up the mountain.
    I now actually save and quit xD

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, no item. Level 59, Impish nature.
    -Revelation Dance
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Acrobatics

2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 61, Quirky nature.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Uproar
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam

3) Wilson the Passimian: Receiver, Expert Belt. Level 57, Lax nature.
    -Thrash
    -Brick Break
    -Brutal Swing
    -Bulk Up

4) TestSubject the Bruxish: Strong Jaw, Metronome. Level 56, Careful Nature.
    -Psychic Fangs
    -Crunch
    -Aqua Tail
    -Swords Dance

5) Fated the Klefki: Prankster, Amulet Coin. Level 59, Quiet Nature.
    -Play Rough
    -Draining Kiss
    -Flash Cannon
    -Heal Block

6) Birdo the Turtonator: Shell Armor, Charcoal. Level 57, Bold Nature.
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Shell Smash
    -Overheat

Years
  • I take the lift up the mountain. I explore Mount Lanakila and find a sparkly useless crystal amongst other things.
    I caught a Sneasel, Golbat and Absol for the Dex. No trainers here? So much shorter and easier than the USUM one.
    Hau comes to donate me some Exp as I walk towards the E4.

---Hau 'Fight'---
    I got TestSubject in the lead and he sends out Raichu.... one Thunderbolt will probably kill me so I switch to Birdo. Raichu uses Thunderbolt.
    Raichu uses Psychic and I use Flamethrower.
    I use a Hyper Potion. Raichu uses Psychic.
    Raichu uses Psychic and I faint it with Flamethrower.
    Hau sends in Komala so I switch to Wilson. I use Bulk Up. Komala uses Wood Hammer.
    I use Brick Break. Komala faints.
    Primarina comes in. I stay in and use Thrash. Primarina almost faints me with Moonblast.
    The second Thrash turn faints the Primarina.
    I switch to TestSubject as the Flareon comes in. One Aqua Tail disposes of it.
    Why you only got a team of 4, Hau? give me more exp! D=

Well the Mount Lanakila slog didn't turn out to be much of a slog... so I guess I'll also do some backtracking this session as well.
    First I fly back to Lush Jungle. I locate the Machamp Shove Boulder and enter the cave behind it and find a couple items.

I then fly to Diglett's Tunnel and go behind the Shove Boulder here. After obtaining some items around the Lighthouse I move on.
    Next I fly to Ten Carat Hill for the next Shove Boulder. One sparkly crystal of uselessness later I fly back to the entrance.
    Time to ride the waves with Sharpedo. First I head to the blocked off island in the Melemele Sea for a TM.
    I then head for the other area of Melemele Sea and enter the blocked off cave which nets me another TM.

I head back outside and fly back to the Mount Lanakila Pokemon Center. I heal my Pokemon and head back towards the E4 entrance.
    I listen to the professor blabber on for a while.
    I save and quit right at the entrance to the E4.

Kukui feels the need to explain to me what an E4 is.
    Let's see... who to fight first... I'll pick a fight with Olivia first I think.

---First E4: Olivia---
    I lead with TestSubject and start with Swords Dance... or try to anyway. Relicanth yawns me...
    I switch to Fated and Relicanth uses Ancient Power.
    Relicanth Yawns and I launch a Flash Cannon.... which does less than half, dangit.
    I switch to Wilson and Relicanth uses Hydro Pump.
    Wilson Brick Breaks the nuisance gone.
    I switch back to TestSubject as Carbink comes in.
    I click Swords Dance again and Carbink uses Reflect. Touche.
    I click Aqua Tail and send it into the Yellow. I tank a Moonblast and get my Sp. Attacl dropped... not that I was using it lol
    One more Aqua Tail and Carbink is gone. In comes Lycanroc.
    Aqua Tail sends it into red and it Crunches me into red.
    I click Psychic Fangs to avoid potentially missing and Olivia uses a Full Restore, but the Lycanroc ends up back in the red.
    Another Psychic Fangs and it's gone. Alolan Golem comes in.
    I use Psychic Fangs and it just barely lives... pity. It faints me.
    Wilson goes in and Breaks Golem's Bricks. In comes Probopass.
    It lives Brick Break thanks to Sturdy and sets up a Sandstorm.
    I Brick break again and win the fight.

I heal up my team and on to... Kahili? sure, why not. I put Flamenco in the lead.

---Second E4: Kahili---
    Skarmory is up first. I use Revelation Dance and it lives thanks to Sturdy. Skarmory uses Slash.
    I use Revelation Dance again and the Skarmory goes down. Was expecting her to heal it tbh, oh well.
    Oricorio comes in. It's the Fire type one. It uses Teeter Dance, and my ability triggers and launches it back. And then I get to use Revelation Dance anyway? Dang that's kinda busted lol, never seen this ability in action before.
    Crobat comes in. I just use Revelation Dance again... after Crobat first uses Supersonic, but misses. It lives on a sliver.
    Now she uses the Full Restore, and I repeat Revelation dance and this time faint it.
    Mandibuzz is up next... another Revelation Dance. It lives in yellow and uses Brave Bird, which Flamenco tanks like a champ.
    Another Revelation Dance rids me of it.
    Toucannon comes in... let's dance for it as well. And that's a win.

I heal up Flamenco and choose to pester Hala next.

---Third E4: Hala---
    I lead with Flamenco again. Out comes Hariyama. It uses Fake Out, like a Hariyama always does.
    I use Air Slash and deal roughly half. Hariyama gets flinch haxed.
    I use Acrobatics and it goes down. Out comes Crabominable.
    I go for an Acrobatics again and it lives in yellow. It Ice Hammers me, but doesn't get the kill.
    I use another Acrobatics to get rid of it.
    Primeape come out and outspeeds. It uses Fake Out and takes all but 1 of my remaining HP due to affection kicking in.
    Poliwrath comes out. I use Revelation Dance and get it below half and then expect to die to it's Submission. Affection live... twice in a row, on 1 hp? wth =o
    I Revelation Dance again and it's bye bye Poliwrath.
    Bewear comes in. I use Air Slash an almost faint it. It uses hammer Arm, but Flamenco loves me too much and affection haxes itself into staying alive for the third time in a row @_@
    Hala uses a Full Restore and I Air Slash again. It's back down to a sliver of HP.
    Another Air Slash and I win... Flamenco is unbeatable due to the power of friendship lmfao

I heal Flamenco and put RightRound in the lead.

---Fourth E4: Acerola---
    She leads with Sableye. It goes for Fake Out.
    Sableye uses Zen Headbutt and I use Feint attack.
    Sableye tries to confuse me with confuse Ray, but gets blocked by my Spinda's ability. I use Feint attack.
    Acerola uses a Full Restore and I use a Hyper Potion.
    Sableye uses Zen Headbutt, but misses, and I use Feint attack.
    Sableye uses Zen Headbutt and flinches me.
    I use a Hyper Potion again. Sableye uses Zen Headbutt.
    Sableye uses Zen Headbutt, but misses, and I use Feint attack and faint it.
    I switch to Wilson as Froslass comes in. It uses Confuse Ray and I use Bulk Up.
    Froslass uses Blizzard and misses and I knock it out with a brutal Swing.
    Dhelmise comes in. Wilson uses Brutal Swing and Dhelmise lives in yellow and uses Energy Ball.
    Wilson snaps out of confusion and knocks out Dhelmise with Brutal wing.
    In comes Palossand. Brutal Swing puts it in yellow and it Earth Powers me. I live with 5 HP.
    Another Brutal Swing ends the Palossand.
    Drifblim comes in. I Brutal Swing and it lives in yellow. It uses Ominous Wind and faints wilson. No matter, wilson was Faster than it and Testsubject is faster than Wilson.
    One Crunch and we're done here. Though Aftermath tries to take some HP off Testsubject.

I heal up again and put Birdo in the lead. I don't remember if I fight Hau or the Professor next in this game.
    I sit down on my throne and watch 'mr.-cool-uncle' walk up to me.

---Professor Kukui fight---
    Lycanroc comes out first... dang. It uses Stealth Rock and I click Dragon Pulse which sends it into yellow.
    Lycanroc uses Stone Edge and I live in red. Dragon Pulse finishes it off.
    I switch to Wilson as Incineroar comes in. I use Bulk Up. It uses it's Z-move: Inferno Overdrive.
    I live in yellow so I heal. It goes for Flare Blitz.
    I click Bulk Up again and Incineroar mises Flare Blitz thanks to the power of friendship. Friendship OP.
    I click Brick Break and delete Catman from my game... all is as it should be once more.
    Braviary comes out and lives the Brick Break in Yellow and whirlwinds me. Too bad it dragged out Flamenco... xD
    Braviary uses Tailwind and I use Revelation Dance. Alolan Ninetales comes out so I switch to Fated.
    It uses Safeguard and I use Flash Cannon to finish it off quickly.
    Snorlax comes out so I switch into Wilson. I use Bulk Up. Snorlax uses Body Slam.
    I use Bulk Up again and Snorlax uses Heavy slam. Tailwind peetered out.
    I heal Wilson and Snorlax uses Heavy Slam again.
    Brick Break deletes Snorlax. Out comes Magezone as their side loses their Safeguard.
    I use Brick break and Magnezone hangs on thanks to Sturdy. It uses thunderwave. Wilson breaks through the Paralysis due to friendship.
    Kukui uses full Restore so Magnezone will live my Brick Break again.
    Another Full Restore.... lol. Too late for that old man. Brick Break into Sturdy again.
    Kukui uses full Restore so Magnezone will live my Brick Break again.
    Wilson Broke Kukui's Full Restores and the Magnezone goes down.

Some chattering and cutscenes later... Lillie drags me into a fight with Tapu Koko... well dang.

---Tapu Koko fight---
    It uses Electro Ball and Birdo uses Flamethrower and sends it into yellow.
    It will faint from another one so I try an Ultra Ball. It uses electro Ball after bursting out.
    I switch to RightRound and miss what move it uses. Spinda didn't take any damage though.
    It uses Electro Ball and I use Dizzy Punch.
    I switch to Fated now that it's in the red and it uses Discharge.
    Another Ultra Ball followed by Agility.
    Another Ultra Ball followed by Agility.
    Another Ultra Ball followed by Electro Ball. It faints Fated and I switch to Birdo. I heal Birdo. It uses Agility.
    Ultra Ball. Agility.
    Ultra Ball. Agility.
    Timer Ball. Nature's Madness. Miss.
    Timer Ball. Electro Ball
    Timer Ball. Caught.

More blabla and cutscenes later... Hau drags me somewhere... let me save and quit, you jerk. We wave Lillie off.
    Lengthy credits later it saves. I try to leave the house, but Hau insists on being annoying again.
    Some shifty dude hands me a card outside.
    I can finally save and quit.

Forgot to looks at my team's levels after all that.

Years
  • Decided what to use my remaining Apriballs on. Spinda being not that strong offensively should help keeping my targets alive =P
    First to go to the Poni wilds. Caught a Grunbull in the Love Ball on my first try =D.

For the Heavy Ball... I have all Ice/Steel types I can catch here in one already. Rock types then.
    Which leaves Alolan Geodude or Minior.... neither can go into BDSP sadly. Off to Mount Hokulani. Caught a Minior with the Heavy Ball on the first try =o
    I was expecting this to be a considerably more daunting/tedious task.

That leaves the Moon Ball, which I'll be using on a Misdreavus. But that's a nightime encounter, and it's not night.

I fly to Route 8 and meet Looker. Pokemon pretends I have a choice again and I am forced to accept hunting the UB's.
    ---Anabel challenges me to a fight---
    She leads with Alakazam ad I have Testsubject in front.
    I take a Psychic and kill the Alakazam with a Crunch.
    Mismagius comes in. It outspeeds and faints TestSubject.
    I send in RightRound. I revive TestSubject because it's been missing way too much Exp, and I take a Thunderbolt.
    Mismagius Thunderbolts again and I live with 10 HP and strike back with Feint Attack.
    I heal Spinda and Mismagius Thunderbolts again.
    Mismagius uses Energy Ball and I use Feint Attack.
    I heal Spinda again expecting her to heal too. I take an energy Ball instead.
    I use an X Sp. Def to move this along. Didn't see what move Mismagius used, but it affection missed.
    Mismagius uses Thunderbolt and I use Feint Attack again.
    Weavile comes in next so I switch to Wilson. Weavile uses Brick Break. Funny, so did I. Weavile faints.
    Salamence comes in so I switch to Fated. Salamence uses Fire Fang and gets the burn. I clicked Draining Kiss, but don't get to use it... D=
    I switch to Flamenco. I tank a Fire Fang.
    Salamence affection misses Dragon Claw. I use Revelation Dance.
    Another Dragon Claw and I use Acrobatics.
    I heal flamenco and take a Dragon Claw.
    I just barely live the next Dragon Claw and kill the Salamence with an Acrobatics.
    Snorlax comes in and I switch to Wilson.
    I use Bulk Up, Snorlax uses Yawn.
    Wilson uses Brick break and deletes Snorlax.

I fly to Aether Paradise and head to the labs for some Beast Balls.
    I go back to two shady people in the motel room. After that I go to Diglett's tunnel to fight Nihilego.
    I faint the first one... oops.
    Second one uses Power Gem and I just barely don't kill it with a Crunch.
    It goes into the Beast Ball.

Lots of talking later I go to the Melemele Meadow for the next UB. I catch the two Buzzwoles and go back to the shady two.
    Gah so much talking during these. They want me to go back to Route 8 again, but I haven't decided yet if I'm doing all of these.

Instead I fly to Poni Island to explore the last undiscovered areas. On my way over I get dragged into a Battle... D=
    ---Dexio fight---
    Fated vs Espeon. Espeon lands Shadow Ball and I miss Play Rough.
    Espeon uses Power Swap. I land Play Rough.
    Espeon Power Swaps again... and dies to the next Play Rough.
    Slowking comes in next and I switch to TestSubject. I use Swords Dance. Slowking uses Power Gem.
    One Crunch and it's gone.
    Raichu comes in... dang. I switch to Birdo. It uses Psychic and I use Flamethrower.
    I can't live another and switch to Fated. It uses Psychic.
    I heal Fated and it uses Thunderbolt. Less than half so I stay in.
    It uses Thunderbolt again and I use Draining Kiss.
    I heal and take another Thunderbolt. Deals exactly half...
    ... so I heal again and take another one.
    Raichu uses Thunderbolt and I Draining Kiss it gone.
    Metagross comes in so I switch to TestSubject. Crunch sends it into the red and it Meteor Mashes and gets the attack boost.
    I crunch again to be rid of it.
    Alakazam comes in, but I got to switch or heal. I send Flamenco in. Alakazam mega evolves into the spoon lord and one shots Flamenco with Psychic.
    Ugh.. back to TestSubject and I heal. It has Energy Ball. Ofc it has Energy Ball...
    I switch to Fated... and heal it. Focus Blast... which misses. Good.
    Max Revive on TestSubject. It lands Focus Blast... filthy cheater =P
    I live it though so I heal. Focus Blast lands again... definitely cheating!
    More heals. Another Focus Blast hit...
    I heal yet again and it Focus Blast haxes me again.
    Heals once more and it uses Psychic and gets the Sp. Def drop.
    I revive Flamenco. It uses Psyshock.
    I heal once more. It uses Psychic.
    I heal once more. It uses Psyshock.
    It uses Psychic and I barely live so I finally strike back with a Flash Cannon.
    More heals... I did not want this fight so I have no qualms about this whatsoever. Psyshock.
    Psychic, but I live and miss Play Rough.
    Heals once more. It uses Energy Ball.
    I heal just in case it's not out of Psychic PP. Psyshock.
    Another Psyshock and I land Play Rough this time and kill it.
    Finally... go frick off you nuisance. Stupid mega's.

Back to the PC to heal.
    And then back to where I was again.
    I enter Poni Grove and save and quit.

I battle the trainers here and pick up a couple items and then move on to the Poni Plains.
    I do the same here and then go heal.
    I then head to the Hau'oli Cemetery. 16 attempts later I have a Moon Ball Misdreavus =D
    I head back to Poni Plains and fight the Route Trainer... pretty easy fight.
    I enter the Poni Meadow and explore it and it's cave.
    I exit back out and head to the Poni Coast.

On to the Poni Gauntlet! I beat all the trainers while exploring it and then head back to fight Mina.
    ---Mina---
    We start with Klefki vs Klefki lol
    It uses a Reflect on it's first turn and then we spam Flash Cannon at each other and I win the matchup.
    Granbull comes in and goes down to a single Flash Cannon.
    Wigglytuff is next and lives the first hit in red and Flamethrowers me. I live with 7 HP.
    Another Flash Cannon deals with it.
    Shiinotic lives Flash Cannon in yellow and faints Fated.
    I send Birdo in and burn the creepy mushroom with a Flamethrower.
    Ribombee is next and uses it's Z move, Twinkle Tackle. I ive in yellow and burn the bug with Flamethrower.
    Fight over... though my team is pretty banged up after all the trainer fights here.

I then enter the Battle Tree area and meet Red and Blue. I pick Red as my opponent... Kinda forgot this fight was even here.
    He takes down a couple of my injured Pokemon, but after TestSubject uses a Swords Dance it plows through his entire team without any problems.
    Strong Jaw + Metronome boosted Psychic Fangs is pretty dang strong already =P

Back to Route 8. Guess I'll do at least one more Looker Mission. Mina wants to fight me again? lmao I just beat you like 10-15 minutes ago xD
    ---Mina again...---
    Klefki keeps setting up Reflects only for me to Brick break them away. Then gets withdrawn right before the finishing hit.
    Ribombee comes in so I switch to Birdo. It uses Dazzling Gleam.
    After living another Dazzling Gleam in the red I burn the bug to a crisp with a single Flamethrower.
    I switch to Fated as Granbull comes in. One Flash Cannon and it's gone.
    Wigglytuff comes in. It lives the Flash Cannon in the red and Flamethrowers me. I live it in green this time.
    Klefki comes back in so I switch back to Wilson. Brick Break finished it off.
    Shiinotic comes in. I use Thrash and it lives in yellow. It erases poor Wilson with a Moonblast.
    Birdo goes back in and turns the creepy mushroom to ash with a Flamethrower.

I catch two Xurkitree, but heal in between. Their Sp. Atk boost and my lack of an X. Sp. Def were rough.
    Nearly got wiped trying to catch the first one.
    Forgot to buy some before fighting the second... but succeeded anyway. I turn in the mission.
    I fly to Ula'Ula and save and quit in front of the next motel.

After some chatting I fly off to Malie Garden.
    With Birdo's help tanking the hits like a champ, and every Kartana going in on the first Beast Ball, I finish this up quite quickly.
    Before I head back though... some trainers I haven't fought popped up on the bridge. I'm probably way overleveled.
    Level 29... yeah lol
    I burn through all the trainers with Birdo's Flamethrower, but am not allowed to join Team Rocket D=
    I report back to Looker for some more talking.

I fly to Poni afterwards for the next UB Mission. I spam click through the dialogue and end up in a fight with Nanu... oops.
    ---Nanu---
    Two Flamethrowers from Birdo gets rid of the Sableye.
    I switch to Wilson as Krookodile comes in.
    Krookodile misses Earthquake due to affection and I Bulk Up.
    I click Bulk Up again after taking an Earthquake.
    Krookodile Earthquakes again and I Brick Break it gone.
    Honchkrow comes in. Deleted by Brick Break.
    Absol. Outspeeds and lands Psycho Cut, but it does not do much. Breaked it with my Bricks.
    Alolan Persian comes in. It uses Thunderbolt, but I survive with 5 HP. Brick Break removes it.

I fly to Poni Meadow and enter Resolution Cave. I use an X Sp. Def and X Defense after finding Guzzlord.
    It takes a couple balls, but I catch it.
    I leave via Escape Rope and fly back to the village.
    I turn in the mission and apparently that's it. Looker mentions Necrozma, but I'm not really that interested in doing a Legendary round up atm tbh.

I fly to Royal Avenue and talk to the dude in the Mart for info on where to find the Eeveelution users.
    The Vaporeon user is supposedly at the trainer school so I fly to Route 1 Outskirts and head to the trainer school.
    I talk to everyone and find her on the top floor. Three Revelation Dances deal with it due to a Full Restore.

I fly to HeaHea city for the Tide Song Hotel. I find the Flareon User near the reception.
    One Acrobatics deals with it.

I fly to Malie City and head to the Community Center. I find the Jolteon User sitting around on a sofa.
    Wilson removes it with a single Brick Break.

Onwards... I fly to the Geothermal Power Plant. I find the old man in front of a TV.
    I.. forgot to switch Wilson out... luckily a single Brutal Swing deals with it.

Back to Hau'oli for the cemetary. I find the Umbreon User in the northern most part.
    One Brick Break and I win.

On to Iki Town. I start busting down doors to find the Glaceon User. Leftmost house at the bottom.
    A single Brick Break settles this too. Poor Glaceon...

I put Birdo in the Lead and fly to Hano Resort. I search around inside and then head to the beach.
    A swimmer on the Northern end turns out to be the Leafeon User. One Flamethrower after Leafeon uses Sunny Day and I win.

I fly to Seafolk Village and start entering the boats. A girl in the Steelix boat turns out to be the new Sylveon User.
    Birdo faints it with a Flamethrower followed by an Overheat.

Back to Royal Avenue. I fight the Eevee User and faint the poor thing with a single Flamethrower.

I decide to fight Necrozma after all and head to Ten Carat Hill. I use two X Sp. Def's at the start and then heal.
    First attempt it struggled itsself to death.
    Second time it faints due to an accidental burn... D= It took so dang long to show up again too!!
    Third attempt... I encounter it much faster thanks to Repels, and I actually catch it!

I got to the PC and put Solgaleo on my team and head to the altar of the Sunne.
    I enter the reverse world and head to the Lake of the Sunne.
    I watch an awkward mating dance and then a Cosmog appears.
    Back to the Altar of the Moone to return to my own world.

I stock up on Balls and head for the Ruins of Life. Caught Tapu Lele on the first ball I toss... it knows I like it, huh?

I fly to the Ruins of Abundance. I faint it twice first, but on the third attempt, although it takes quite a while, I eventually catch Tapu Bulu.

Time to heal at Seafolk Village and then fly to the Ruins of Hope. Tapu Fini is always annoying to catch thanks to Aqua Ring...
    ... but I have Heal Block on Fated... :fufu:
    Attempt 1 ends with it struggling itself to death.
    Attempt 2... eventually caught it. Muddy Water is annoying though as it made Heal Block able to miss.

Well that's everything there is to do I think. Playthrough finished =3

Oh wait.. I can go get a type: Null! One quick trip to the Aether Foundation later I have that checked off too.
    One final save and quit! =D

1) Flamenco the Oricorio: Dancer, no item. Level 72, Impish nature.
    -Revelation Dance
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Acrobatics

2) RightRound the Spinda: Own Tempo, Silk Scarf. Level 73, Quirky nature.
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Uproar
    -Feint Attack
    -Psybeam

3) Wilson the Passimian: Receiver, Expert Belt. Level 70, Lax nature.
    -Thrash
    -Brick Break
    -Brutal Swing
    -Bulk Up

4) TestSubject the Bruxish: Strong Jaw, Metronome. Level 71, Careful Nature.
    -Psychic Fangs
    -Crunch
    -Aqua Tail
    -Swords Dance

5) Fated the Klefki: Prankster, Amulet Coin. Level 73, Quiet Nature.
    -Play Rough
    -Draining Kiss
    -Flash Cannon
    -Heal Block

6) Birdo the Turtonator: Shell Armor, Charcoal. Level 70, Bold Nature.
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Shell Smash
    -Overheat

This playthrough is now done =D

Back