• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Essentials: Create a specific uncatable Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2022
    I have seen Thundaga's tutorial about creating a switch that makes pokemon uncatchable. But I am trying to make the roaming legendary dogs uncatchable. In my game they hunt you down where ever you are on the map so I can't really use switches. I was wondering if there is a way in the "Throw a Poke Ball" code to check the name of certain Pokemon and return a message that says they are uncatchable, skipping the "catch" animation.
    Right here in the code where is says:

# Determine which Pokémon you're throwing the Poké Ball at
    battler = nil
    if opposes?(idxBattler)
    battler = @battlers[idxBattler]
    else
    battler = @battlers[idxBattler].pbDirectOpposing(true)
    end
    battler = battler.allAllies[0] if battler.fainted?

could be the key but I just don't understand the code enough to manipulate it.
    I had:

if battler == (:ENTEI)
    pbDisplay(_INTL("Entei cannot be caught"))
    return
    end

but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2022
    Heyyyyyy, after watching another one of Thundagas tutorials about Editing Pokemon with Events I can up with an idea of how to code what I'm looking for. Works well so far.
    Here's the code:(I added some of the premade code to indicate where my code should go because placement was important.)

def pbThrowPokeBall(idxBattler, ball, catch_rate = nil, showPlayer = false)
    # Determine which Pokémon you're throwing the Poké Ball at
    battler = nil
    if opposes?(idxBattler)
    battler = @battlers[idxBattler]
    else
    battler = @battlers[idxBattler].pbDirectOpposing(true)
    end
    battler = battler.allAllies[0] if battler.fainted?
    # Messages
    if battler.species==:ENTEI #the start of my code
    @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball, 1) #(optional)recycled deflect animation from when you try throwing a ball at a trainers pokemon
    pbDisplay(_INTL("its uncatchable")) #(optional)text telling you the Pokemon is uncatchable
    return #
    end #end of code

Back