• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Glistening Ruby - an insane difficulty hack

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 13, 2017
What if Gym Leaders used competitive sets?
What if your starter is actually something you dispose as soon as you can?
What if the gym leaders cheated?
(they're still balanced and killable, just need specific mons for each gym. there is a severe difficulty spike @ roxanne, then @ flannery, and then champ/e4.

That is Pokemon Glistening Ruby.

Weak, pretty useless starters. actually sunkern/caterpie kills first gym Flat out, insane, gym leaders. Near impossible E4. And the champion? Have fun.

now time for no more propaganda :D

- Running Shoes Anywhere
- Start with national Dex
- Lower case names
- Updated moves, no fairy type though. That ruins difficulty ;)
- (slightly) Boosted shiny chances, for dedication. Removed because game breaking bug.
- (some) Team Aqua is much more powerful! Magma is still weak, though... (will buff magma.)

I did some other stuff earlier, forgot what it was. I think there are some bonuses (?)

Anyways, the game is generally fine until you fight Gyms/E4/Champion. Those are the bits that make Glistening hard.

Based on:

Pokemon Ruby (E)(Independent)

And thanks to...

Hackmew for godlike tools. Even though they're still dead :/

Anyways, you get the patch, I recommend Lunar IPS to patch it, thanks~

Attachments

• g-ruby.ips
    8.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 13, 2017
Fixed a major bug that prevented obtaining a starter, rebalanced Brawly/Wattson. Wattson's Jolteon is actually difficult again, and Brawly 'choke, is far weaker. Norman gets a l50 ditto. Hooray?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 13, 2017
Can a Mod delete this please? Kinda... want to undo this...

Back