• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Resort Area

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In Pokemon Platinum, the Resort Area contains a lake where you can fish for Magikarp. But, there is something special about this particular spot. You can fish for Magikarp that can appear at level 1 all the way to level 100. You need to use a Super Rod in order for this to happen. You can also do this in Gen 5's Nature Preserve. This is the only area in the game that can get you a level 1 Pokemon in the wild that isn't the Regigigas in Snowpoint Temple. It is also the only place in the game where a wild level 100 Pokemon can appear.

I know this is completely random, but have you ever fished up a level 100 Magikarp in the Resort Area. If not, what was the highest level one you fished up or captured?

I believe the highest one I was able to find is a level 93 Magikarp here. Sometimes I think about opening the game up again to fish in the Resort area just to find a level 100 Magikarp, but I'm too lazy to try.

Back