• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • Well that's the point, cheerful coffin already can do this, but almost certainly BETTER at it than your card, since you can pick up to 3 mosnters. Again, I don't see how this is any good, if it's weaker than coffin.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • If you hand is cluttered. You don't always want to pick monsters, what if something is not helping you need to stop it from cluttering your hand, and can't wait untill you discard. It is better than Cheerful Coffin.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Okay. If it's not monsters, then you'll be discarding spells or traps? What good can that do? No spell/trap/monster requires you to have spells/traps in the grave (except for the crap that brings stuff back from the grave, which is not the point here). Personally speaking I don't see a reason to drop spells or traps, and the monsters part is already covered with the coffin.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • Apparently you've never seen a stall, burn, G-Bind deck that doesn't attack. That means you have no use for Mirror Force, Cylinder, Swords, or anything else like that. Why clutter up your M/T zone or your hand, just get rid of it! As for your comment about no cards require that M/T's have to be in the Grave, that is not true, it is a rare occurance. I'll give examples or the cards, and the types or deck it's useful, some don't require it but it will be more effective, for getting cards in the Grave than just waiting to discard. Magican of Faith, (every deck) Cemetary Bomb, (Burn decks) Blasting the Ruins, (Burn deck) and Mask or Darkness (trap using, or any other deck). Those are just some examples.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I can see your point with the bomb and the ruins (not faith and mask of darkness for obvious reasons), but overall those cards don't actually care what cards you throw in there, and your card can only serve as a finisher for "last cards" to discard type thing, as you will mainly be relying on just regular use or discard of cards from hand limit.

With the "never attacking" decks, it's BETTER to keep the cards in your hand, since it adds more elements of surprise to your opponent, as they would see that you have more options and a higher potential of holding cards that are a threat to them. In that sense, I think the card's useless there. Besides, if you really have no use for a card, then you can naturally discard it to the 6 card limit. HOWEVER, you did get to something (without knowing it?) that magic thorn only cares about discarding and not cards revealed and going into the grave. I can see this card in use against that card particularly.

The whole "in the M/T zone" thing didn't have anything to do with this, as the card dealt with cards in hand IMO.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this card is very narrow and "useless" from a design perspective.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • I just thought of one now. I dont know if its been done yet.

Breaker's Life Absorbing Vial
    Equip Spell Card

This card may only be equipped to "Breaker the Magical Warrior". Each time the equipped card destroys one of your opponents monsters, place one spell counter on the equipped card (max 1).

Super Rare

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Breaker's Life Absorbing Vial
    Equip Spell Card
    This card may only be equipped to "Breaker the Magical Warrior". Each time the equipped monster destroys a monster you don't control, place one spell counter on the equipped card.
    Super Rare

Rewording is simple. Anyway, it's not bad at all, but it may be on the weak side. I suggest adding something like +500 attack to support the card.

I took out the (max 1) because it's defined in Breaker anyway. lol

Overall, it's pretty narrow (I generally don't like narrow cards). Not bad if you don't consider that Definitely something that one can work with.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • Perhaps a boost to cover whatever he normally loses without a spell counter. (I forgot how much). I put the Max 1 in again because I know ppl who try to break the rules of cards if it doesnt say exactly wat needs to be done on it. And yeah, narrow cards are easier to make IMO so that was my first go at one lol.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Breaker gets +300 for the counter, so it could work with you just adding +300 on the equipment itself.

And I understand that unless you put it in there specifically,people will argue, thus that's why oracle text are there to end all disputes. XD

You can also write something like:

The equipped monster gets +300ATK
    This card may only be equipped to "Breaker the Magical Warrior". Each time the equipped monster destroys a monster you don't control, place one spell counter on the equipped card if the equipped monster does not have a magic counter.

This kinda works nicely (I hate parenthases in cards for some reason lol). That looks good enough to playtest already. :)

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • Ok Ill try a wording of it lol. XD

Breaker's Life Absorbing Vial
    Equip Spell Card (Super Rare)

This card can only be equipped to "Breaker the Magical Warrior". Increase the attack of the equipped monster by 300. Each time the equipped monster destroys a monster that your opponent controls, place one spell counter on the equipped monster if it does not have one already.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Okay Jaws that looks like good stuff man. ;)

Anyway, all that's left to do is playtesting it and attempting to break it as much as possible. Generally speaking this will tell you about the card's power level and other things about it that normal e-paper won't tell you.

Just remember that if the card does actually just sit in your hand for the whole game, it has to go back to the drawing board to make it less narrow. IMO it might be that, but you'll have to check it out yourself to make sure...or you just want to keep it narrow like that and drop it to like a normal rare level.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • Thanks. :)

Playtest? You mean as in make up a crude fake to test in a real deck? If so, someone else might wanna do it bcoz where I moved to there arnt any yugioh players around. :( On the narrowness thing tho, if it does sit in my hand for an unusefully long time, it usually becomes discard material for a Magic Jammer or something similar.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • heh. Playtesting is important to adjust the power level of cards IMO. Generally speaking if you can get someone on YVD for playtesting (as long as you specifically state what the card is and which card proxies it), it should be fine.

And no I don't really do playtesting for people. I got enough sitting around for me to playtest. XD

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Or sometimes you can get people to play this on YVD using a proxy (substitute card). That might work better. But I don't do playtesting for people, as I've gotten enough of my own stuff to playtest. lol

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • It's the reason why proxying works, because it's unautomated. You can use a skull servant to proxy for the card for all you want. I actually prefer the unautomatedness of YVD and Magic Workstation (soon to have YGO, apparently, which would be good news to you all, because MWS is like the best unautomated TCG client hands down.) because it's closer to what the real game with physical cards are like...and also because you can also take back wrong moves (permitted by other player), reverse the game to teach a player how to play correctly, etc. And also the automated system always messes up on the priority settings (e.g. in the GBA YGO games).

But yeah I'll definitely try to help some time if I get the time (it'll be in like May, since it's finals right now).

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • lol do it man. I'm telling you, I'm actually making 3 different sets of cards right now. I've "finished" one of the 3 sets right now, but I'm shuffling cards around the 3 sets as I see fit as I develop the cards. It's for magic tho, so it's not much of anything in YGO. lol Hey if you have the guts, you can make a set of your own. Generally speaking designs on the cards on sets aren't as "strict" on originality or anything like that, nor do we care about reprints. lol Seriously think about this. If you're interested, I can help co-develop it with you if you want. :)

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I'm actually making a "block", which just means 3 consecutive related sets. Tentatively it looks like it's going at ~300 (first set), 140 (second), ~120 (third) or something along those lines. Basically, it's an insane project that I've been doing little-by-little. Right now what I'm at is about 30 card for the third set, about 15 for the first set, and completed the second. I have several guys who help me would with regards to costing my cards and stuff and give me suggestions about the cards as they come, and some of them range from wayyyy to the weird field to something that might just happen in the near future (some of them are real possibilities, with one of them actaully submitted to Wizards to see if it'll work out.) Just telling you, it takes a LONG time to make a set, as this ambitious thing I've been doing for like a year now (which I have 1 set "completed").

Yeah i'll PM you my addy since you seem to want to talk some more. ;) Anyway, I'm actaully not going to be around that much on MSN during these 2 weeks (finals right now). But we can talk about the stuff if you want. ;)

Back