• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a good Pokemon HeartGold Team?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Ferilgatr
    Magmar
    Victreebel
    Xatu
    Ampheros
    Espeon

Should I swap Espeon with Umbreon or Xatu with Fearow I am happy with rest of team.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2015
    .... Why replace with Fearow? Xatu seems fine.

Besides, his team has fair type coverage. As long as you're plowing through the game with some fun, it shouldn't matter too much. I've always been one to run through all the games using only fire types... My favorite. :D

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I would keep Xatu and remove Espeon from the team. Since 2 Psychic types are pretty useless, so instead you should use Umbreon. A Fearow wouldn't be a good choice since it's not that strong and the flying side of Xatu is probably a lot stronger. I don't know much of Xatu, so it's more or less a guess.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Espeon is better than Xatu offensively, so I would switch Xatu out for something like Fearow or Dodrio.

What about defence? I always thought Eevee evolutions weren't known to be able to handle strong attacks, especially not when struck by effective moves. I know not every Pokémon should be a Shuckle, but unless you have a lot of speed and one-hit-KO moves, the defence does matter.

Back