• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Make TMs not restore PP

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hi! First post on Pokécommunity here.
    I'm using pokeemerald and I've implemented reusable TMs per the Simple Modifications thread. In gen 5, when infinite TMs were added, they were specifically coded so that TMs use the replaced move's PP (and if you were replacing it with a TM that had less max PP, it would just have the max PP). So for example, if you had a Pokémon that knew Psychic with 8 PP remaining, and you replaced Psychic with Return using a TM (which has 20 max PP), the new learned move would only have 8 PP (out of 20). This got changed in the later games, so in gen 6+ you can just spam TMs to restore PP.
    This in my opinion is a dumb change, so I'd like to revert it to how it was in gen 5. I'm not too great at coding, but I believe the area to target is in src/party_menu.c, in the function Task_PartyMenuReplaceMove (or someone near that). If anybody has any luck or advice, I'd love to hear it! Thank you in advance.

Back