• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Link Support for Gen3 randomized Cagelocke

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jan 29, 2021
Hello,

my goal is to play some kind of Cagelocke challenge (It's a nuzlocke variant where 2 people play a nuzlocke simultaniously and also battle each other in between).

Some emulators like VBALink support pokemon battling and trading in Gen3 games. I know that for most romhacks, this feature no longer works because of the alterations to the game. However, I remember playing the Pokemon FireRed Omega romhack which had switched pokemon encounters and also switched trainer and gym leader pokemon, but the multiplayer was still intact. So FireRed Omega is doing a similar thing to what a randomizer does and still keeps multiplayer intact. This leads me to believe that it should be possible to keep multiplayer functionality with a randomizer.

Is there a way to play a randomized Gen3 game with multiplayer? Which emulator and which randomizer should I use?

What is it that makes romhacks lose compatibility with multiplayer funcionality?

Back