• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Variables Aren't Working

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    I have a set up where after battling a person, it turns on a self switch, which brings you to an autorun event page that adds 1 to a variable. The autorun page is definitely working, because it turn off self switch a and switches on self switch b to the next page, which is text. I've tried talking to him after and the text definitely appears as it should, however, the variable isn't changing. Nothing is being added to it, despite the entire page having nothing on it but Control "Variable: [0027: Waiters] += 1"

Every time I check the variables on the map, even after beating both of the waiters, it still says the "Waiters" variable is 0.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but I set up something exactly the same way earlier in the game, and it has zero issues with the variables. It counts them perfectly. For some reason, this one won't and the variable always remains at zero despite adding 1 for each completed battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Also, can you please post screenshots of the event pages? Makes it easier to see if there are any issues.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Here are the photos. And if you're asking if the variable is being used anywhere else, the answer is no. I just made it, and I made it specifically for this scenario.

Attachments

• Variables Aren't Working
      Picture1.png
      39.1 KB · Views: 6
      Picture2.png
      28.1 KB · Views: 6
      Picture3.png
      28.1 KB · Views: 5
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hm, it's possible the trainer comments on page 1 are overriding the second/third pages? Try deleting all the comments on page 1. You can see more information about that on the wiki (https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Trainers), but basically, if you make a trainer with comments and want to make your own edits on top of it, you have to remove the comments, or else they will keep overwriting your changes every time you run the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Yes, this did solve the issue. I looked back on the other one I made that I mentioned, and it in fact did not have comments on it either. So, that's why that one worked before; I'd made the trainers for scratch without comments.

Back