• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Original World] Theros Uprising

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    Important Note:
    The places, characters, back story, and some other attributes of this story are NOT original. Those attributes of the story are owned by Wizards of the Coast.

A Message to Readers:
    Hi everyone! This is my first post on the Multiverse forum. Anyway, My English class has a project where we get to do whatever we want (with only the obvious restrictions). I chose to make an entire small Magic: the Gathering (trading card game) set along with some lore. This post will contain the lore as I create it.

Please post any suggestions you may have. This is my first post here and I may have missed something important. Or, maybe you have a suggestion for the story, which is always welcome. I believe that constructive criticism is essential to the creative process. Enjoy!

Back Story (It's recommended to read this before reading what I wrote):
    Found here.

Story (This part assumes that you have read the back story):

Part 1: Ritual of the Returned

Elspeth was furious and annoyed. Killed by her own patron. As if it couldn?t get worse. But, of course, it did.

Elspeth was pacing, thinking about how unfair it was that she got killed for saving the pantheon. No. It wasn?t saving the pantheon that was the problem, thought Elspeth. It was that stupid Heliod. And people actually worship that arrogant pile of - huh?

A figure appeared. It was...Phenax. How did he get into Erebos? domain? By the time she was done thinking that thought, he was right in front of her. He spoke in a soft tone: ?Aren?t you upset at your new life?? ?Beat it, Phenax! I know your tricks!? Elspeth replied. Phenax responded ?I take that as a ?yes?. If so, I would be glad to help you avenge yourself.? ?Shut up!? Elspeth demanded, ?Ajani will avenge me! He?ll slay all of you gods, just you watch!? ?Oh? And how can someone who isn?t even in Theros kill fourteen gods that are?? Phenax questioned. ?How do you know if Ajani, or anyone, can leave Theros?? Elspeth answered. ?I have my ways.? said Phenax. ?If you won?t tell me, how can I believe you?? Elspeth snickered. ?Enough! I have ways to make you do exactly what I want you to. Even if you aren?t willing to do them!? Phenax exclaimed. ?Stay away from me, or I?ll do what I did to Xenagos!? snapped Elspeth as she took a step back. ?Fine! Have it your way.? Phenax responded. Then, Elspeth?s vision went black?

Part 2: Peridotisa, Elspeth Returned

There was a woman with pitch-black skin wearing a gilded mask sitting on top of a large, black rock. She did not remember anything about what happened to her. The woman did not even recall her own name.

Suddenly, a figure appeared next to her. It said in a strangely familiar tone: ?Glad to see you?re awake.? The woman asked the figure, ?Who are you? Who am I? And what happened to me?? The figure answered, ?I am Phenax, God of Truth. You are my Champion, Peridotisa. As for what happened to you, another god, the god of lies, Heliod, tried to kill you for no good reason. I saved your life by teleporting you here. Unfortunately, though, Heliod was able to erase your memories.? Peridotisa exclaimed ?Heliod must die for this!? Phenax then said, ?My thoughts exactly. But we must also get rid of his allies, some of the other gods.? Peridotisa replied, ?I will do anything to ensure that Heliod dies.?

Part 3: Ajani, Defiant Leonin

It was a beautiful morning. The orange sun was just barely above the treetops, casting a gold light on the illuminated ground. And the sky was cloudless. It was on a morning like this that people would normally praise Heliod by winking at the sun.

Only, this wasn?t a normal morning. Ajani was preparing to present a speech. He, along with some other leonin from Oreskos, were traveling to Meletis to do what nobody on Theros has done before. They were about to scorn the gods. On purpose.

Their goal was to get the Meletians, Akroans, and Setessans to demolish all of the gods? temples and worshipers alike. Allies of the group had absolutely no tolerance for resistance. Not a peep was allowed to defend the gods.

And finally, they reached Meletis, the first stop. Ajani had already talked against Heliod at one of his own temples in Meletis, but this was different. Men, women, and children of all ages came to hear the leonin talk.

?My fellow people,? Ajani began, ?as many of you know, Xenagos rose to godhood. When my friend, Elspeth, slew him for killing her friend, Daxos, Heliod took her weapon and struck her down with it. Elspeth was a hero to many, even though she did not wish to be one. All she wanted was a peaceful place to spend her life. Now, Heliod has taken that dream and crushed it. The gods are hindering us. It is time they see the power of the masses! SCORN THE GODS!? ?SCORN THE GODS!? yelled the audience. Ajani grinned as the audience cheered.

Part 4: Anthousa, Setessan Rebel

Coming soon!

Back