• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] I'm having an error running roms on Mac

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    I'm sorry if this is not the right section for Errors, and if so please tell me where I should post this.
    But anyway I've recently hacked a copy of Pokemon Silver, it works fine for me and a many others who have tested it for me, but for some reason it will not work on mac. Is this a common issue when editing roms and is there a way around it? Thanks in advance.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I'm sorry if this is not the right section for Errors, and if so please tell me where I should post this.
    But anyway I've recently hacked a copy of Pokemon Silver, it works fine for me and a many others who have tested it for me, but for some reason it will not work on mac. Is this a common issue when editing roms and is there a way around it? Thanks in advance.
    You should using something like Wine (is it Wine?) so you can emulate and hack ROMs.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    My friends were using VBA for Mac, Is Wine an emulator also or is it for hacking roms? I don't have a problem with the hacking aspect it's just that my friends can not use the end result on their Mac's

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • I feel like there should be a giant announcement made for mac users, there is now a program out that runs the majority of emulators all in one for mac

https://openemu.org/

If your hack isn't running on any of the programs you can find, try this, I've been using it since it came out and it's such a godsend because I could never play GBA hacks without it

KinkajusRevenge

KinkajusRevenge
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    My friends were using VBA for Mac, Is Wine an emulator also or is it for hacking roms? I don't have a problem with the hacking aspect it's just that my friends can not use the end result on their Mac's

Wine is a program that runs .exe files on Mac

Back