• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] FireRed: Change types from Spec/Phys?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    I may be insane, but I SWEAR I once saw a program that had the ability to determine whether a Gen3 game's typing was Special or Physical. Does anyone know this program, or DID I in fact dream it up?

Sadly, all I want it for is to reverse the senslessly Physical Ghost and Special Dark (no, not Hershey's chocolate). Gengar and Sneasel could actually be STAB contenders in battle this way! Also, every Dark move in Gen 3 became Physical after the type split. Plus Shadow Ball. 'nuff said. :I

Only vaguely related, I realize this is my second post to the Beginner's Lounge just this evening. Now, obviously I neither want, nor intend, to spam the forum with various questions. But if I DO come up with multiple questions - and not all at the same time, to put them all together in one post, is there a better way to go about it?

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    http://mediafiretrend.com/f/21680061/physspecsplitfr1_5.html

This patch is for FireRed, and allows the physical/special split. However, you still manually have to go into the game with an editor such as GBA Pokemon Game Editor's Attack Editor and set each move as a physical, special or status move. This patch also does not include an icon next to the attacks to differentiate the p/s/s like in future games, so you'll have to manually add that.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    If you're hacking Fire red, then I suggest you use MrDollSteak's rom patch, it has that, and a bunch of extra stuff. And there's two programs actually, that can edit that. One of them is PGE, and the other one is in Gen 3 Tools, which can both be found in Pokecommmunity.

Back