• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tyranitar Aquapolis price spike

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    Has anyone else noticed the Aquapolis Tyranitar(H28/H32) has spiked MASSIVELY in price?!

Last I checked it was between $50-90 depending on condition. Now it's between $80- $400 upwards of $750.

Is this just extreme price gouging, or did this card actually jump in price?

I noticed the price also spiked on a Tyranitar ex card as well, can't remember the set that one's from at the moment.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    All of the e-series cards spiked majorly in price about nine months ago (or that's at least when I noticed it). All of the NM rare/holo rare jumped like ~$40 and some, as you said, that we're already in the hundreds spiked to the thousands. Then people started buying out all of the less desirable rares/holos at insane prices forcing the price of others further up the tier to match. I'm honestly not sure what could instigate such a drastic price change that isn't manufactured demand. It honestly looks like someone could have bought out all of the cards from major online retailers and are now selling them out at a premium, or something to that effect. Cards don't become scarce like that overnight and price gouging like this isn't something you see in the Pokémon fandom.

But yeah, you're not crazy, all of the e-series cards went up in price to a stupid degree, and it's weird. I don't know if those cards are actually worth the price they're listed for but shit if I'm not contemplating scalping off my complete Aquapolis and Expedition sets, haha.

Back