• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Newer more difficult nuzlocke challenge!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Hey guys, I've come up with a few set of rules to take the nuzlocke challenge to the next level and started a let's play with my friend. The links at the bottom if you feel like checking it out, but here's the rules for the run:

First off there's the traditional nuzlocke rules
    1 - if a Pokemon faints it's considered dead and must be released
    2 - you can only catch the first Pokemon of a new route. If you kill it, run away, or it escapes you've missed your chance and you don't get another. (Duplicates clause: if the first Pokemon you see is something you've already caught you may look around for another that you haven't)
    3 - lastly, you must nickname your Pokemon so that you become attached

Now here's the rules we added
    4 - no healing or stat boosting items in battles (including wild Pokemon)
    5 - you can only catch Pokemon with pokeballs (no great, ultra, or master)
    6 - you can only catch as many Pokemon you are able to carry with you (so 6 Pokemon). If you have 6 Pokemon and on dies, you can catch another to fill it back up to 6
    7 - lastly, the battles are switched to set so that you do not have the opportunity to switch out your Pokemon when your opponent is switching

Let me know what you think of these rules. I was playing around with other things like no Pokemon centers but thought I would try it with this first and see how it goes.

Here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/ZbH3mtopO3g

Years
  • Most of, if not, all of the rules you've "made up" have always been a part of the optional portion of the Nuzlocke challenge. Take a look at the official Nuzlocke rules and you'll see all the points you made already in the modifications section.

Back