• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Multiple Different Evil Team Intros in EBS

Years
  • Hi!

In my game, I want to have multiple evil teams to fight (sort of like in RSE/ORAS with Aqua and Magma) and I want to make each of them have their own intro when a battle with one of the starts. If I wanted both of the teams to use a modified version of the Rocket intro from Elite Battle System, what scripting would this involve? Copy-pasting the Team Rocket intro and modifying the graphics? If so what parts would I have to copy and paste and where? O would it require scripting a new intro myself? Please try not to be too technical, as my knowledge of RGSS code is limited.

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen today
    So i can try and help here; shouldn't be too long to solve (may not work first try as im not a wizard as Ruby)
    So in the EBS Settings find; "EVIL_TEAM_LIST"

if you haven't yet; add the trainer types (if not made yet do so in the future) below e.g.
    EVIL_TEAM_LIST = [

:GRUNT,
    :ADMIN1,
    :ADMIN2,
    :ADMIN3,
    :BOSS,

]

those are just filler names ;)

then under copy that and change "EVIL_TEAM_LIST" in the second one to "EVIL_TEAM_LIST_2"
    (ill only do it for a second team as it should be modular for more teams) make sure to change the listed trainertypes to that of the second team.

then find "EVIL_TEAM_LIST" in EliteBattle_EntryAnimations around line 142 (it should be the third result if you do a search all script sections with it)
    then copy from "for val in EVIL_TEAM_LIST" to
    "$smAnim = true
    end"
    then make changes in the second one to "EVIL_TEAM_LIST to EVIL_TEAM_LIST_2
    e_team to e2_team then vsEvilTeam to vsEvilTeam2 (change the second e_team too)

then find "def vsEvilTeam(viewport)"
    copy from that all the way to the matching "end" (just before "custom animations for wild battles")

then paste it just below the last end; change "vsEvilTeam" to "vsEvilTeam2"
    after that you should see several graphics listed in the purple/pink text as you scroll down (e.g. "graphics/transitions/evilTeamEff1")
    Change all the evilTeam parts to evilTeam2.

with that it should* be done ^^ (the graphics to edit are the evilTeam... ones in transitions; make sure to duplicate and name them right for the second team)

Years
  • Hi! Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I'm out of town at the moment and will not be back for a few days. Your idea seems sound, and I will try it ASAP.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    Hi! I would love to know if this worked or whether there was another method used to solve it. I'm currently going through the same issue right now! Thanks a lot!
    -SaturnUmbreon (Director of Yin and Yang - Pokémon fangames)

Back