• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Finally Finished The Battle Frontier

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
  • I managed to complete the Battle Frontier after 10 years of owning Emerald. I have every Gold Symbol now!
    I have pretty much completed everything in Emerald aside from completing the NationalDex but I have completed the Regional Dex!

I had set some rules for this:
    -No trades with other games(Leafgreen,Ruby etc.)
    -Only Pokemon Native in Emerald which means what you can catch and train in Emerald(so no Alakazam,Macamp etc.)
    -No choice based Pokemon(Latios/Latias,Treecko,Torchic,Mudkip)
    -No time based Pokemon(Glalie,Masquerain)

It is pretty doable with Slaking,Salamence and Starmie as MVPs.

Now for some numbers:

Amount of time it took(excluding ev training,breedin etc.):approximately 80 hours.

Amount of fails in each facility:
    All silvers(excluding Greta where I failed once) were done without fails.The secret is to pick lvl 50 and not level 100

~Golds~

Factory:Around 30

Pike:2
    Dome:1
    Palace:2
    Pyramid:2
    Tower:2

Arena:4

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • I've always loved the Battle Palace because you have almost zero control over what your Pokemon actually do, making battles so much more entertaining, especially if they're close!

I was expecting the pokemon AI to be bad in the battle palace but I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed that it would change moves based on type advantages/disadvantages. The trick is to have pokemon with the Sassy nature because it is the nature that has the best chance to pick an offensive move. The thing that annoys me the most in the Palace is the ''Your Pokemon cannot control its power message''.At least it can happen to both you and your opponent but still, what's the point of having this?However I dont think it deserves all the hate it gets.

And an unpopular opinion: The Pyramid has become one of my 2 favorite facilities, the other being the Dome. It is like a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game! The suspense of trying to find a pokeball and trying to avoid trainers fascinated me surprisingly enough.

Years
  • That's a really impressive feat, I'm a massive fan of the Battle Frontier and still haven't beaten every Frontier Brain. Good job!

Back