• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

create a pokemon gym

How would you prefer gyms

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Type: Water

Puzzle: A fairly big maze that's half-flooded, requiring either a Ride Pok?mon or a Pok?mon that knows Surf to navigate your way through.

Trainer Types: Swimmers are obviously a given, but some Divers will occasionally resurface if you get near their shadows. Ace Trainers can also approach you with their Pok?mon, one of them obviously knowing Surf.

Pok?mon:
    A variety of Water Types with really good stats. (Golisopod, Greninja, Gyarados, Primarina, and Vaporeon.)

Pre-Battle Quote:
    "It seems that you have braved through my maze filled with the toughest of dedicated water trainers. I like your sense of determination, challenger. As the last Gym Leader before going any further, I will wipe the floor with you!"

Super effective Quote:
    "It doesn't take a genius to know how even the simplest Type matchups work."

No Effect Quote:
    "You're gonna need to research the Water Type much better next time if you desire to reach the top."

One Pok?mon Left Quote:
    "Since I'm now backed in a corner, there's no holding back anymore! You knew that well before we even started."

Winning Quote:
    "Nothing personal, kid. Just doing my job as a top Gym Leader."

Upon Defeat:
    "Swept away by a vicious wave like you. I am now convinced that you are ready for the road ahead. I hope you've learned the variety of skill Water-types can utilise in or out of battle."

TM: Surf

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    1. Type: Bug

2. Puzzle: Navigate a thick forest-like greenhouse. There are trainers and wild Pokemon roaming around for you to sneak past. Don't get caught or you'll have a battle and/or get sent back to the beginning!

3. Trainers: Gardeners, Rangers, Bug Maniacs

4. Pokemon: From the Vespiquen, Golisopod, and Volcarona lines.

5. Quote before battle: "Woah! Er... You caught me off guard. I was just sniffing the flowers when you suddenly showed up! Well done with that, and great job navigating through the gym. I'm (so and so) and I love Bug type Pokemon. Many see them as creepy and gross, but they are so much more than that! They are beautiful, fascinating and we owe so much to them in nature. Huh? You don't believe me? Then I guess I'll just have to show you in battle! See the beauty and grace of the Bug type!"

6. Quote when the player uses a super-effective move: "Hey hey! Let's not get hasty now..."

7. Quote when the player's move has no effect: "What... are you trying to do?"

8. Quote when you have one Pokemon left: "Welp, I guess gotta go all-out now!"

9. Quote when you win: "Huh! Well uh... Better luck next time I guess? Sorry..."

10. Quote when defeated: "M-my bugs!?"

11. Quote after defeated: "Welp, a loss is a loss. Even if it makes me feel kinda sad, haha! Anyways, you showed a great amount of skill during your battle. You're Pokemon danced beautifully amount the plants in my gym and were simply captivating to behold. And maybe you learned to appreciate Bug Pokemon a little bit more as well. Anyways, go on fourth challenger! Another gym awaits!

12. Rewards: TM 28 Leech Life, the Scale Badge

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Type: Water

Puzzle: A fairly big maze that's half-flooded, requiring either a Ride Pok?mon or a Pok?mon that knows Surf to navigate your way through.

Trainer Types: Swimmers are obviously a given, but some Divers will occasionally resurface if you get near their shadows. Ace Trainers can also approach you with their Pok?mon, one of them obviously knowing Surf.

Pok?mon:
    A variety of Water Types with really good stats. (Golisopod, Greninja, Gyarados, Primarina, and Vaporeon.)

Pre-Battle Quote:
    "It seems that you have braved through my maze filled with the toughest of dedicated water trainers. I like your sense of determination, challenger. As the last Gym Leader before going any further, I will wipe the floor with you!"

Super effective Quote:
    "It doesn't take a genius to know how even the simplest Type matchups work."

No Effect Quote:
    "You're gonna need to research the Water Type much better next time if you desire to reach the top."

One Pok?mon Left Quote:
    "Since I'm now backed in a corner, there's no holding back anymore! You knew that well before we even started."

Winning Quote:
    "Nothing personal, kid. Just doing my job as a top Gym Leader."

Upon Defeat:
    "Swept away by a vicious wave like you. I am now convinced that you are ready for the road ahead. I hope you've learned the variety of skill Water-types can utilise in or out of battle."

TM: Surf
    You give the surf TM,but what do you give if the player needed a Pokemon that knows surf to navigate it. An other word,what TM would you give if HMs existed there and surf was an HM.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    You give the surf TM,but what do you give if the player needed a Pokemon that knows surf to navigate it. An other word,what TM would you give if HMs existed there and surf was an HM.

Ride Pok?mon are eligible.

If not, I'll just give out Rain Dance as a TM.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Ride Pokémon are eligible.

If not, I'll just give out Rain Dance as a TM.
    how would the player get a pokemon that knows surf before your gym? would there be a pokemon that learns surf by level-up? oh,wait,i know what pokemon should learn surf by level-up,wailord. so basically,if the player used surf to get there,you give rain dance. that's interesting. ride pokemon can be used but moves can be used out of battle. what if one of the player's pokemon already knew surf and used it out of battle to reach you? oh,and rainbow,your first gym is interesting,but because yours requires a ride pokemon and mine requires an HM,they cannot be in the same game. either that or they can via modes or disabling HMs in your city and disabling ride pokemon in my city. oh,and no one's made a gym of a fake type or a gym that uses a fake trainer class or a fakemon or a pokemon with a fake move or fake item.

Last edited:
    Back