• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: What version should I play? ('Gen' 2+3)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hey guys, recently becuase of all the pokemon hype I decided to teach my brother (11) what pokemon really is replay with him all the games.

We are about to finish FiredRed soon, and I wanted to ask you for your opnions about the next games.
    Do you think we should play Gold/Silver, Crystal, or HeartGold/SoulSilver?
    Same question about R/S,E and OR/AS.

Plesase explain your choices.

Thanks in advance,
    Vazelline :)

Years
  • Well I'm gonna go with Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Emerald for those... pretty much because I haven't played the remade versions of 2nd and 3rd generations.

You played FireRed with him so idk if he'd like the old school graphics on Pokemon Crystal. Personally I prefer the older graphics just for the nostalgia.

If he liked FireRed I don't think it really matters that much what game you decide to play. The original versions are awesome and I think the remakes are as well (though I haven't played those)

Years
  • I agree with jipee, I'm not sure if your brother will like the old fashioned graphics of Gold, Silver and Crystal so I suggest playing HG/SS, they're still amazing games. But R/S/E have near enough the same graphics as FireRed and Emerald is my favourite game of the entire series so I would definitely recommend playing that :)

Back