• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] [pokered disassembly] Importing Green Version's SGB border, slot machine graphics, and palette data?

Years
  • I'm interested in creating a hack of Pokémon Red/Blue that recreates the Japanese Blue version's gameplay changes, but uses the "Pokémon Green Version" title; basically, a sort of "what if Japanese Blue had been released in the West back in the day, and had simply traded titles with Green Version outside of Japan?"

The problem is, even the Japanese Gen 1 disassembly doesn't actually seem to include the Green Version Super GameBoy border or Slot Machine graphics at all; just the Red and Blue version graphics, like the English release's disassembly.

Is there anyplace I could find this graphical data already in the format used by the disassembly project, or am I going to have to manually reconstruct it myself? I can certainly do so if it's necessary, but it would be far preferable to just import the data from other disassembly projects if such data exists.

As an aside, the patch isn't necessarily going to use other graphics from Green Version; just the SGB border and slot machine graphics. For Pokémon front sprites, it's just sorta gonna be my pick out of each individual Pokémon's Green, Blue, and, where applicable, GS Spaceworld demo sprites.

Back