• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A competitive team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Hey guys i am new to competitive battling and i would really like some help with it! My current team that i am using is comprised of sylveon, a shiny dragalge, greninja, talon flame, raichu, and charizard (holding charizardite x.) I am currently playing pokemon y and would really like some help on how to build a good, competitive team so if anyone can give some advice i would really appreciate it! Also if anyone can include good moves for a good team that would be great!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Use the movesets found here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ou-analyses.255/) or here (http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/), then update your thread with them. Onto the team, you severely need a Defogger or Rapid Spinner because two of your Pokemon are 4x weak to Stealth Rock (Talonflame and Charizard). I recommend replacing Raichu, who is very poor and outclassed by other Pokemon, with a Pokemon that can do the aforementioned things. Something like:

Crobat @ Leftovers
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Defog
    - Roost
    - Taunt

Roost is for reliable recovery. Taunt helps you against stall teams, but U-turn can used for the usual U-turn shenanigans. EVs let you OHKO Alakazam and Trevenant as well as 2HKO specially defensive Tentacruel and offensive Starmie.

Of course, you could also use Starmie, but Crobat is overall more reliable at removing entry hazards.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Thanks for the advice! I really want to keep raichu though because its actually a very strong pokemon it seems. I had it sweep most of a team where as the rest of my team could hardly beat even 1 of my opponents pokemon. However if it is really foolish to have him on my team i can swap him out.

Last edited:
    Back