• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YAFRH - Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    Hi all, I've just started a nuzlocke challenge of Yet Another Fire Red Hack. It is my first ever nuzlocke and also my first foray into video making and commentating so any constructive criticism is welcome.

UPDATE: Episode 3 is out! See how we fare against Brock!

Without further introduction,

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback, I've just uploaded episode 2 where I did lower the game music a bit, but probably still not enough... I'm going to quickly edit it and then re-upload. I'm really looking forward to recording episode 3 which should be our first gym battle... I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous too. Do you think I should check the documentation on Brocks levels? I kind of want to keep it as a "blind" run. Again any feedback is much appreciated. I'm such a noob.

Update: I just re-uploaded a better mixed version of both the current episodes

Last edited:

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback, I've just uploaded episode 2 where I did lower the game music a bit, but probably still not enough... I'm going to quickly edit it and then re-upload. I'm really looking forward to recording episode 3 which should be our first gym battle... I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little nervous too. Do you think I should check the documentation on Brocks levels? I kind of want to keep it as a "blind" run. Again any feedback is much appreciated. I'm such a noob.

Update: I just re-uploaded a better mixed version of both the current episodes

For a self-proclaimed "noob" I'd say these are very, very good quality-wise. The audio and voice levels seem much better. As for checking in advance on levels and whatnot, I'd say that's entirely up to you. Personally, I do it occasionally, but not all the time (then again, I've never tried to do a "blind" run, considering I don't play a lot of hacks, and I've been playing the official games since the R/B/Y days. The wonderful thing about having your own channel is that it's YOUR OWN, meaning you can do things however you want. At this point, I'd say just keep doing what you're doing, and have fun with it. Best of luck!

Back