• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Faster Gameplay, Go Speed Runner

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 19, 2019
Spoiler:

After my Nuzlocke run of Emerald and then Shiny Gold, I began to wonder about the sort of time investment it takes to head up a game on the scale of an RPG. With Alpha Sapphire it was a no brainer, it was a birthday gift from my brother who, wouldn't you know it, just so happened to have purchased Omega Ruby at the same time.

There were a grip of changes to the format that made the remake feel like a solid 3DS title; it was the kind of experience that I haven't had from a game in a long time. From the ability to reuse TM's, to the Eon Flute giving you the opportunity to fast travel early on, and much more- these revisions really served to provide players the means to jump right in. Personally, I think its a good mark of any sequel to appeal to a broad audience by reducing the amount of bloated content that only serves to make games like work, just to get through.

Remember when placing a Pokemon in a box DIDNT heal your battle ridden monsters? There are several quirks about older versions that only served to make the game nuanced and unintuitive. And while you can't blame developers for overlooking buggy/incomplete parts of their game, just to get their idea off the ground- its shows poor tact when their revisions and sequels don't address these quirks when they tackle the next title in the series.

All this to say that it got me thinking about how people go about structuring the pacing when they design an exclusive hack.

20111019103728%21072Tentacool_RB.png
20111019102743%21041Zubat_RB.png

When it comes to these two time wasters, is it enough to say that players should just carry around MAX Repels wherever they roam? Aren't there a more comprehensive ways to address these sorts of gamplay hindrances? Through clever programming and smart design, I believe that its possible.
{Because of them I have a strong desire to lobby for Poison to have another weakness added- even though both are effected by Electric. I guess I'm just salty about how deeply they affect Nuzlocke runs.}

HGSS_Diglett%27s_Cave-Day.png

I mean, every environment has its own encounter ratio so far as what gets to show up in each region. We have parts of the game like Diglett's Cave where monsters are inclusive to that area, why does this kind of monster have to be a staple to the holistic Pokemon experience.

ReTM ;)

I haven't played X&Y, so I'm not aware of how they handled this, but making TM's reusable is a stroke of genius (if I haven't praised it enough already). I feel like every game going forward should incorporate this in some way, and I would love to have the ability to introduce this to the Advanced series.
If I'm not mistaken, the 3DS titles also gave players access to Egg moves through the use of the Heart Scale. That sort of addition ups exploration as a gameplay factor and makes good use of the Itemfinder mechanic.

Celadon_Department_Store_HGSS.png

If I hadn't had this on my mind, I would have overlooked the kind of interface that is set up when you purchase things at the store. IIRC I could buy TM's like Light Screen as many times as you want.

Spoiler:

I wonder if there is a way to ensure that TM's that are used can be rerouted to the Store or maybe even as an item to returned to your inbox as you're out traveling.
That said, I would very much like to have the kind of intermediate device that would allow you to monitor and alter your Box while your out. What's the point of having to run back and fourth between cities except to heal? What if you're in a tight spot in your Nuzlocke and you would just like to cycle the dead monsters for some Calvary, for the sake of just making progress? Time wasters...

Next Subject
theta_emerald_ex_02_27_17_26.png
support.jpg

A part of me wonders why this option hasn't been implemented yet. We're all well aware of the Leap Frog technique, but why does this need to be the primary way to gain experience for lower level catches?

Spoiler:

I know this isn't what the Pokken games are advertising, but I feel that it is an almost perfect representation of how the games could play out if you could tag in. Its just doubling up your offensive and may speed up the process of random encounters when they become TOO random.

Last edited:
Back