• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My Pokémon Ranch & getting WiiWare in 2020?

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
Years
  • So lately I've become super interested in the idea of playing all of Pokémon's bizarre spin-off games. I'm slowly but surely getting through Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, but that's not what I'm here to talk to 'yall about. So I was going through the list of spin-offs by console, and when I came to the Wii games I realized that some of these, specifically Pokemon Ranch, were never released on a disc. You had to buy it in the Wii Shop Channel. The store that no longer exists. I'm super interested in this game because apparently it's like a proto-Bank. (Much like how PokeBOX was.) It's also a game where you can earn a Mew legitimately, without any cheats or hacks. That is so, so cool.

Does anyone know how one would be able to play it now, in 2020? Would I have to just stalk eBay for someone who is selling their old console with the game still installed? I guess I could try to buy one of those modded consoles, but then I'd be worried that the game wouldn't communicate with my DS correctly since it wouldn't be legitimate. Thoughts?

Back