• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Fog won't stay secluded to the map it's supposed to be on

avalypuff

Legendary
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    I'm trying to add lights to my windows at night. I created a fog the same size as my map, implicated it with the "Change Map Settings" event as seen here
    Spoiler:

It fits like a glove on the map it's supposed to be on
    Spoiler:

But then when I go to any other map it's there too, like so
    Spoiler:

Please can anyone tell my why this is happening, and how to fix it? I'd really like to include lighted windows at night

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    As you can see, the fog is repeated in the areas of the other maps that are visible from your foggy map. IIRC one workaround is to make your fog graphic a little bigger so that it covers this extra area with transparent space.

avalypuff

Legendary
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Hmm.. I'd have an insanely enormous image size then, because it repeats itself through Route 1 all the way up through Viridian City and on into Route 2. It's like it just keeps repeating throughout everything I've mapped that isn't blocked off by a gate house. :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hmm, that's strange. Are you sure you've configured your fog correctly? I'd only expect it to repeat a little bit onto the immediately adjacent routes. AFAIK the fog should only be displayed while the player is still standing on the map with the fog. Which is why, when you're crossing into another map you can still see the fog—you'll still be standing on the map until ~50% of another map is onscreen.

Last edited:

avalypuff

Legendary
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Hmm indeed.. 😕
    I'll go ahead and try your initial suggestion anyways and see if that works, and even if it doesn't at least I've tried. Though knowing my luck once I figure this one out I'll encounter the same problem when I do the next city's light fog. lol
    Regardless, thank you for your help

Edit:
    Yea, that didn't work either.. It just changed how far I have to travel before it repeats again

Last edited:
    Back