• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] issues with character customization on non-dev versions

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    so ages ago i brought up getting into shiney's old character customization (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=418129) now it worked fine for me but even testing now, when trying to set customization on non-dev versions it has the wait time but doesnt change, when on mine it does....
    basically when i press the c input (So enter, c space etc.) on the right menu it should work, but it doesnt.
    heres the entire script page, i do encrypt my stuff so might be that? because i tested with the non-debug version while using the same dev files and it worked fine.
    Spoiler:

so edit: it does fix if i dont encrypt it but that is something i'd prefer to avoid, if i can.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2020
    I'll admit I don't have the best knowledge of coding in Ruby or encryption. But just from running shiney570's original code, I think the problem is that whenever the character tries to change their outfit, the code basically replaces the "tchar00*" sprite in the "Graphics/Characters/" folder with an entirely new image. The code might not be able to create an new image in that folder if it's encrypted, although again I'm not 100% sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't know if this would be causing the issue or not, but based on the Ruby docs for the File class (https://ruby-doc.org/core-2.5.0/File.html#method-c-exists-3F), the method "File.exists?" should no longer be used to check if a file exists. I'd recommend replacing any instance of
    Code:
    File.exists?(filename)
    in your script with the following Essentials function:
    Code:
    safeExists?(filename)

Back