• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] [solved] Can View size be changed?

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
  • Forgive me if this has been answered before.

For RPGmaker fan games in pokemon essentials, the default view is 15x17 tiles. That is, the player can look 7 tiles up and down and 8 tiles left and right with respect to any vantage point in the game. I am wondering if this can be increased, as making the viewing size bigger would be a great boon for say, generation 5 style sprite graphics. Is there a way to do this, or are we stuck with the default view?

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • alter these 2 values in the script editor
    unknown.png

fair warning, doing so will require a lot of changes to a lot of locations

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • I've actually only made a test map so far. By "require lot of changes", are you referring to general map editing to make the maps look better, or does it mess with map/map connection code or something?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • the two values I showed you alters the game's window size form what it currently shows to whatever number you change it to be. in my own personal project I altered those values to get a feel for what can and can't be done with this kit, after altering those values to 672 width and 684 height this is what my game window looks like now.
    unknown.png

as compared to a normal size shown below
    unknown.png

Back