• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smogon NU team counter

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    So me and my friend decided to do a smogon NU battle. He makes a team that absolutely wrecks mine. He tells me that he will keep his team while I make a counter to it. I have tried and failed many, many teams that just can't beat it. Please keep in mind that I don't know his exact movesets, but I know most of them due to battling the team numerous times:

Persian @ Silk Scarf
    Technician
    252 attack/252 speed
    Jolly/Adamant
    -Fake Out
    -Return
    -U-Turn
    -Bite

This is usually his lead, but he switches the lead slot around with Medicham or Sandslash to throw me off guard. This thing is very annoying, the boosted fake outs and returns hurt a lot.

Medicham @ Life Orb
    Pure Power
    252 attack/252 speed
    Jolly
    -Fake Out
    -Bullet Punch
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Zen Headbutt

This is pretty much the main powerhouse of his team. This thing has swept through almost any team I throw at it. The number one threat to deal with.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    Trace
    252 HP/4 defense/252 special defense
    Calm
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Psychic
    -Wish
    -Heal Bell

Definitely the most annoying thing to beat on his team, except for maybe Shuckle. Soaks anything special, cures the team of both status ailments and health, and stops physical attackers with wisp.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    252 Hp/252 defense
    Impish
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake
    -Night Slash

This thing is really bulky and for some reason can take some special hits too. Rocks are always a nuisance, and it has pretty good coverage.

Kingler @ Choice Band/Life Orb (I thought I saw recoil, or maybe I'm crazy)
    Hyper Cutter
    32 HP/252 attack/224 speed
    Adamant
    -Crabhammer
    -Return
    -Rock Slide
    -X-Scissor

This hits really hard, but hasn't really giving me too much problems. I still think it's a very viable threat though, it almost swept a team once.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Gluttony
    248 Hp/252 defense/8 special defense
    Impish
    -Toxic
    -Encore
    -Rest
    -Protect

Really annoying, I swear it stalled me for almost an hour once. Taunt shuts it down, but it always seems to come back later to haunt my team.

So this is his team, it's either a really good team or I'm just horrible at NU. I really need help making an exact team to counter. I might be wrong on some EV's, but I think I got most of it right. We're only allowed to use smogon NU tier pokemon, but I only need a team that counters this one, I'm not gonna use it for other battles, so ridiculous movesets to only counter this team are allowed.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Wait, so this isn't your team?

We don't build teams for you here, sorry. If you want to give us a team to help rate it then that would be fine, but no one's going to bend over backwards and make you a team. :(

Back