• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello! long post with question

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2019
    I'm new to going on forums and such but I needed to make a post because I have had a something bug me for the longest time on my pokemon ruby that I first purchased (and still own). I found a magnemite that was a different color palette but was not a shiny palette. The magnemite was tinted red and when it was sent into battle one sparkle would be animated to show up instead of the stars going in a circle. As a kid I thought it was cool but had no knowledge of what shiny pokemon were supposed to look like back in the early 2000s. I also know I had transferes the now evolved magneton into pokemon Colosseum and it was tinted red in on that game as well and had the animation of the single sparkle. I have been wondering for years what it was and have come to these forums hoping someone might know because I have looked online many times and have found nothing on a red tinted magnemite. Thanks for reading if you got through my greeting wall of text
    Hopefully someone can help me out!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! Welcome to the community!

I can't say I've ever heard of a red Magnemite in Ruby, or ever, to be honest. But, I can say that I had a similar experience. In the 2nd gen of games, I swear on my life I caught a black Beedrill. I have vivid memories of raising it, talking about it, and showing it off to friends, but I cannot find any evidence that it ever existed. I never transferred it and only have my memories to rely on - and seeing as I was a child at the time I'm now more inclined to believe I imagined it / made it up / dreamt about it. That's much more likely than finding some anomalous palette swap that was never coded into the game. I fear it might be the same for you. :(

But hey! I'd love to be proven wrong! I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah... I'm inclined to agree with [user]Fairy[/user] that it might be imaginary because the only Red Pokemon I know of is that Shiny Gyarados in GSC/HGSS. That said, anything else you'd like to share such as a favorite Pokemon, Region or Game?

Back