• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] SM Episode 119 Overview

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
  • So we finally got one of the people down for their Z-crystal. All in all, an enjoyable episode and more or less what was expected from a semi-filler sun and moon episode. The race was nice, James' anime expressions were hilarious and I died to Wobbufets and Jessie's reaction to Bewear breaking into the cave. Just to let you know, I've got a personal bias against Sophocles and truly hate the character so I could care less for the parts regarding him. I don't think I could have disliked his character more, but he never fails to surprise. When he got stuck in the cave because of the "darkness" I couldn't face palm harder. You're telling me a kid who invents, and must be pretty smart to do so, gets scared because HE SEES DARKNESS. Are you genuinely serious? Come on, is it impossible for him to at least be self-observant of his surroundings. It doesn't take a genius to figure out you aren't actually there, and you should know you are in a virtual reality. Also that was a pity z-ring giveaway (same as Ash, not really deserving), guess they really are rushing through the episodes.

The one other important thing that this episode, reminded me off was the thing I probably hate the most about the anime. Through out the Sun and Moon there have been barely any mentions of Ash's past journeys except for the countless overdone Kanto related episodes/references. Correct me if I'm wrong but I genuinely hate it because it doesn't even feel like I'm watching the same show. Yes, I'm watching pokemon but it literally feels like the writers are completely ignoring past series'.

With the whole thing going on with the VR thing on Vikavolt and Sophocles, I thought it was a perfect opportunity for a reference. I guess not... Total missed opportunity with an Ash-Greninja reference. Ash could have at least just mentioned that he shared a similar trait with a close pokemon. Nope nothing. Like c'mon Ash, I can enjoy watching your time in Alola but don't be a complete degenerate and act like you have dementia. It just feels more disconnecting from the anime.

Also, now this is podracing!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It's not Ash's fault that things from Johto-Kalos isn't brought up, just so you know. It's due to the writers and back at the verry beginning of Sun/Moon they had mentioned something about this series being kinda like if Ash only went through Kanto. Which is dumb because Ash has pointed out Mega Evolution and like... so many non-kanto Pokemon, but you can't fault the character for the less-than-great writing when it comes to referencing anything that isn't Kanto.

I haven't actually watched the episode so I'll be back with my own comment, but I really just wanted to point that out haha.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Yeah, I know it isn't the character fault I've just been tired out by constant Kanto things being thrown our way, not just the anime but everything else. There's just too much Kanto.

Back