• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WIP?][Pkm Diamond] Pokemon Magikarp Edition

Chachii

Spaghetti Vendor
Years
  • Pokemon Magikarp Edition is mostly an idea still, but work has been started.
    I'm just unsure if/when it will be released yet, as I am also programming/working on a game of my own.

Hey, I normally go by Chachii, and this would also be my first actual Pokemon hack. I have worked on some in tidbits before, mostly to mess around with scripts and such to confuse friends. This will be a learning process as I progress, however I'm not 100% new to hacking. I used to do some Super Mario World stuff (and still do a bit) so it's just looking at the tools and getting the hang of everything for the most part.

Anyway, about the hack--

I'm not sure how I'm going to go about it, but pretty much every Pokemon is going to be Magikarp, however different stats, evolutions (into other Magikarps), and various ways to evolve them other than just level-up. It is going to be a hack of Pokemon Diamond, since I feel it would be more work than needed with a GBA Pokemon hack (as I want the physical/special split, the larger move pool, and various other smaller things I like). Now, the problem I'm going to be facing after editing stats and moves of the karps, I'll be needing to rename them and resprite them. I was thinking of having them differently colored as well as others having slight changes in the form that would make sense with each type. All of the Magikarps will be Water as their first type, and most will have a second type, including Fire.
    There will be a new story and layout of the map/world, most stats altered, higher difficulty, as well as other features I'm not mentioning yet.

I'll keep this updated (hopefully) as I go along. If you have any suggestions or anything, lemme know, I'll try to give feedback on them.

Progress:
    Spoiler:

CHANGELOG:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Leon's Ultimate ROMBase adds PSS Split and moves up to Gen 5 (and abilities)...plus the Fairy type. You LITERALLY don't have to use Gen 4...like ever.

Back