• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Pyrite: Project Orre

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Welcome to: Team Pyrite
    Coming Soon: Pokemon Pyrite Version

This hack probably appears very bare-bones at the minute, and that's because it is. While I don't have any screenshots or anything up (as I can't post links just yet), I assure that progress has been made on this. However, I feel that this is a very ambitious project and I don't want to start focusing all my efforts on this until I can get a team together. That's why I need YOU. I truly believe that this has the potential to become the next big hack!

Into
    I've been an off an on pokemon fan/ROM hacker for the last four or five years now. I've always wanted to make a hack, yet at the time when I was most interested, I lacked the maturity and technological know-how to be able to pull it off. Now that I'm older and wiser, I thought that I would get back into it, and try and come up with something. A few weeks ago, I posted a thread in the "Ideas" forum. It was well received, and many people supported me. I got to thinking though, with ORAS coming out, and the hack centered around Hoenn, I figured it would be kinda pointless. Back to the drawing board I went, and I applied some of the same ideas I had to a different region and story. I believe that what I have here is a pretty solid idea. I thought about it and worked out the details for several weeks before posting this. My skillset is decent, but not great (as I will explain later), and if I could get a team together, I honestly believe that we could make a really great ROM hack, one unlike any other. Without further ado, this is what I came up with:

Plot
    For those of us that played the Gamecube spinoff games Colosseum and XD, we all probably remember Orre as a pitiful, desert-wasteland overridden with crime. I pose the question: What if it wasn't always that way? As an amateur geographer, I thought about how places become like this, and created a little back story. When Orre was first founded, it was a lush region, full of water and trees and rolling plains. Situated north of Hoenn, and Northwest of Johto and Kanto (according to Serebii's Pokearth Map), the settlers of Orre quickly developed a thriving maritime-trade community. As the region became wealthier, more and more people wanted to live there, causing mass immigration. Not all immigrants to Orre were wealthy though, many poor, destitute peoples came from all over. As time grew on, the region saw the merchants grow increasingly wealthy while the poor continued to stay poor. This gap between classes eventually let to some serious social problems. Crime became a popular way for lower class kids to make money, and a certain group of people are attempting to incite a rebellion against the upper class. As the player, you will be tasked with uniting the region, and calming the tensions between Orre's people.

More About Orre
    I'm kind of limited with what I can do here because I can't post links/pictures, but I'll do my best.

-Geography
    Spoiler:

-Pokemon
    Spoiler:

-Culture
    Spoiler:

-Evil Team
    Spoiler:

-People (I will add more later)
    Spoiler:

Current Progress (1% Complete)
    As I cannot post links just yet, I have no pictures to show you of the ROM. It is very barebones at the moment, but some of the features I've already added include:
    -100% Completed story-line. On paper, not implemented yet
    -Physical/Special Split
    -BW2 Repel System
    -Decapitalization
    -Better Font
    -Running Indors
    -A few of the first towns mapped

Current Team Members
    -Ganonrai (Story, Mapping, Scripting, Other)
    -FaeBladez (Mapping)

Joining the Team
    I'm really excited about getting this hack together, and I think it can go far if we work as a team. My skills are somewhat limited, as I am only an intermediate scripter at best (the method I learned with is outdated now, and I had to start fresh). I've already got the story down, and I can handle mapping, although any help would be great. I can also write/arrange music for the ROM (I'm a music minor in College). This being said, if you feel like you would be a good addition to the team; fill out the application below. We are currently looking for (in order from most needed to least needed):

- Someone who can edit the world map
    - Spriters/Artist in General
    - Scripters
    - Additional Mappers

Skills:
    Experience:
    Past Work(s):
    Time Zone:

Any other info that you can provide, or pictures would be great! Please note that applications like these will be ignored:

Skills: i cn laern scripting mb
    Experience: ive nevr worked on a rom b4
    Past Work(s): ive nevr worked on a rom b4
    Time Zone: idk i live in america though

Thank you all for reading, and I hope that I can get to work with some of you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    Skills: Fleshing out people and plots of the world, and willing to learn from anyone!!
    Experience: None
    Past Work(s):None
    Time Zone: Midwest america... not sure what that is...

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Perhaps I was just being silly, but I really thought people would be in a frenzy to join this team. I'm a very busy man, and while I'm dedicated to making this happen, it won't work with just three people. If I'm unable to find the people I need soon, I will unfortunately just have to give up because I seriously don't have the time. :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    From my experience, teams like these rarely work. Hacks are mostly made individually or by small teams of 2-5 people. Your best option would be to try and learn the majority of skills you will need on your own and start off with the team you have so far, more people might join in the future after seeing more of your project, or you might find that you don't need a lot of people in your team after all.

Back