• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
Years
  • If you've seen the episodes of the Grand Festival, I think he's the guy who's dressed like a Cacturne... who funnily enough looks like a cactus :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • YES!!! There's finally a thread on Pok?mon Shippings! Thank you, cold_katanagirl!

Well, if you guys didn't know already, I'm a strong AAML suporter.

cold_katanagirl said:
    I see many AAML fans claiming that Ash was jealous in that episode, but I didn't see any hint of envy.
    Are you sure you didn't see any jelousy, cold_katanagirl? If my memory serves me correctly, in Ash's eyes, Rudy seemed to impress Misty in a few minutes while he still can't impress Misty! This just burns him up. In the scene when the three had landed at the pier, Rudy had his eyes on the red-head and quickly made a comment that flattered Misty. There, Ash was quite angry. Then, there's the trials to qualify for the Gym Battle. Ash was trying to show off by using his awesome Pok?mon skills for the target practice. His attitude quickly changed when he noticed that Misty and Rudy were paying absolutely no attention to him at all. Why do you think he released Charizard? Still trying to impress her, he released his strongest Pok?mon. (for some reason, I think Charizard's aim was quite intentional...) Bummed out that he still couldn't impress her, he did quite poorly at the Gym Battle the next day. That was, until Misty yelled insults. Oddly, Ash's confidence rose and he won the battle.

Eh, whatever. If you want to believe what I just said, go ahead. I'm not trying to change people's minds!

cold_katanagirl said:
    Ages? The only REAL ages we know is that Ash was/is 10 and May is 10. Most assume Max is 8. I THINK I read somewhere that Misty was officially ten, but I'm not sure if that source was truthful. Not to mention most think she's older than Ash by a year or two.
    Yup. The only ages revealed on the show was Ash's (maybe Gary's since in the games, Red and Blue are the same age) and May's, all of which are 10 years old. Never throughout the entire show did they mention age again nor birthdays. I strongly believe that Ash is still 10 years of age. For the sake of the show, I think characters do not age physically. Other shows do it too, ya know! (biggest example: Bart and Lisa from The Simpsons. They've only aged, like what, twice in the over 15 years the show's been airing!)

Crystal Clair said:
    It may be illegal in most countries but anyting's legal in Pokemon...
    If that's the case, then the show would anger thousands around the world, possibly making it the worse show to have ever aired, rating wise. Reason? Most people in the world don't agree with 'illegal' issues. I'm pretty sure that parents would let their kids watch things like that.

mistywishmaker said:
    Well, if you all are, I'd say that Pokeshipping is really one of the only shippings where the hints are pronounciated and actually "there." Such as in Pokemon 2000 movie director (or something...) review, he states that the "hints" of Ash and Misty should be clear, and it should also be clear that they like each other. With Ash and May, it's more of a "brother" and "sister" relationship; think about it; in what cases has May actually almost confessed that she likes Ash, and likewise? And as in Pokeshipping, Misty practically spelled out "I love you, Ash" and Ash, being the clueless and popular character of the series, ocassionally blushes and envies the men around Misty.
    So, got much rebuttals to this?
    Sorry, but I have to say otherwise. Even though Misty has practically done the obvious to Ash, Ash still doesn't get it. Again, Ash only freaks out to other people trying to impress Misty since he's been trying to impress her for quite a while now. Also, you have to remember that the producers back in Japan sorta killed the relationship between Satoshi and Kasumi, so it's sorta hard to make such accusations. Hey, I want them to be together, but just not now! Do you really want to see kids around the 10 year mark kissing longingly?! Again, to me, that just freaks me out!

And yes, I do believe that Ash and May are like brother and sister. Reason? They're too perfect to be together! I don't believe perfection is obtainable, and niehter is impossiblility. Therefore, I can't support those two being together. (hey, no offense, but I still like May! She's almost a stereotypical girl!)

Don't ask me about episodes that have been only released in Japan so far. I got 56K!!! Oh well. I do think that Drew shows affection towards May. Even though it seems very, very little, Drew has paid attention to a girl who was just a rookie at Pok?mon contests. Most people would just brush newbies off, especially pros, but not Drew. Why do you think he gives out roses occasionally to May, or May indirectly? (he gives one to Beautifly. Wonder if Beautifly drank it's nectar...) I think that even though both are rivals, Drew is only playing hard to get because he can't admit his feelings sorta like Misty can't admit hers towards Ash. (Misty, not Kasumi!) Of course, it's too early to tell since Drew has only appeared few times in the English version.

Well, that's it for now. I hope I didn't take up too much of your time if you read all the way through!

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • Contestshipping seems a bit one-sided.It seems like Drew likes May,but she doesn't like
    him back.

As for Ash getting jealous about Rudy,It seemed more like he was jealous of Rudy
    getting Misty's attention,but more on a childish scale.

Years
  • Contestshipping seems a bit one-sided.It seems like Drew likes May,but she doesn't like
    him back.
    At first Contestshipping does seem pretty one-sided. But everyone's freaking over those Grand Festival episodes...
    Are you sure you didn't see any jelousy, cold_katanagirl?
    It HAS been a couple years since I saw the episode. I'm going from my memory and from an episode guide.
    If my memory serves me correctly, in Ash's eyes, Rudy seemed to impress Misty in a few minutes while he still can't impress Misty! This just burns him up.
    I remember that part when they were on the boat...
    In the scene when the three had landed at the pier, Rudy had his eyes on the red-head and quickly made a comment that flattered Misty. There, Ash was quite angry.
    ... I can't remember that part much. I recall Rudy saying something to Misty, Ash asking over and over for a gym battle but getting ignored.

But for someone who was jealous, Ash didn't seem to rant on and on about it. Even tactless guys who don't understand much still get jealous. Problem is, they don't realize it.

However, Ash didn't really go on and on about it. When Misty left with Rudy to the hotel, Ash and Tracy were like "Oh", and then Ash calls Prof Oak. He doens't give Misty much thought.

Then, there's the trials to qualify for the Gym Battle. Ash was trying to show off by using his awesome Pok?mon skills for the target practice. His attitude quickly changed when he noticed that Misty and Rudy were paying absolutely no attention to him at all.
    I honestly thought Ash was annoyed because Rudy wasn't paying any attention for him. Why didn't he yell something like "HEY MISTY, HELLLOOO!!!" or something like that?
    Why do you think he released Charizard? Still trying to impress her, he released his strongest Pok?mon. (for some reason, I think Charizard's aim was quite intentional...) Bummed out that he still couldn't impress her, he did quite poorly at the Gym Battle the next day.
    Because he was trying to get Rudy's attention.
    That was, until Misty yelled insults. Oddly, Ash's confidence rose and he won the battle.
    Ash wasn't doing that bad in the gym battle I recall. He started having problems when Starmie started using Thunderbolt.

Then Misty yelled "Come on, you have do something Ash!", or something like that. Then Ash goes "I know!", and... yeah. But encouragment ALWAYS helps you out. Brock gives Ash advice too, and unless Brock likes Ash as well...

And at the end of the episode, Ash STILL didn't get it. I mean come on...

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • Those supposed hints in the Grand Festival episodes were probably non-existant.
    I have one of the episodes.As soon as I get the others I will determine this for myself.
    From the one I have,there were no shipping hints.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • MewthreeXL said:
    Those supposed hints in the Grand Festival episodes were probably non-existant.
    I have one of the episodes.As soon as I get the others I will determine this for myself.
    From the one I have,there were no shipping hints.
    Really? Interesting... Contestshippers are still probably going to disagree with you anyway... I think that what was most talked about was when May sort of blushed at the end of the third episode.. but who knows what it could of meant

meh.. one down, two to go!

Last edited:

Jack Crowley

Ace LFO Pilot
    Years
  • Quite honestly, I don't care WHAT goes on in the Grand Festival. I
    never really cared for Contestshipping, anyway. Mostly, because I
    don't care for Drew, either. As for the "hint" toward the end, I'm not
    believing anything till I see it for myself. I just know I'm gonna get
    a ton of flak for this, but, I'm just voicing my opinion...

Years
  • Ooookay...

Well, if you're gonna flame one type of shipping, then why don't you tell us which one you like? Comon, this is a forum, not a "fight to the death" type of yelling...

If you didn't know, I know Ash is denser than that of a block of lead! Sheesh. Well, until I can find and watch the episode again, I can't say if Misty insulted him, encouraged him, or a little bit of both.

Although, I do base my opinions on all the seasons shown so far. Remember how Ash faired in the early Gym Battles in Hoenn? He was HORRIBLE! Even if he didn't have his old Pok?mon, he still could have done better then! He had the skills starting from day one (well, sort of...) Because of this and the fact that he's been quite moody lately, I think Misty's the only one who's kept Ash in check.

And what Misty yelled at Ash that day when fighting Rudy? You can call that encouragement? Personally, I'd start to panic, not think up of ways to win! And of course, Brock does give advice, but only about things that he should have known already, like Pok?mon facts and their attacks. I don't recall Brock actually giving Ash advice during Gym Battles, though.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • You didn't watch Johto?Am I the only one that watched it?Brock and Misty acted like
    Ash's cheerleaders.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • MewthreeXL said:
    You didn't watch Johto?Am I the only one that watched it?Brock and Misty acted like
    Ash's cheerleaders.

Cheerleaders? *starts to remember Johto season* Ugh.. I can't remember all of the episodes, you're probably right. They did decide to cheer for Casey when she was battling Ash, though, Why?
    "I always go for the underdog, and the underdog's usually Ash"
    "Destroy him, Case!"

Years
  • Well, if you're gonna flame one type of shipping, then why don't you tell us which one you like? Comon, this is a forum, not a "fight to the death" type of yelling...
    What that directed towards me? =/
    If you didn't know, I know Ash is denser than that of a block of lead! Sheesh.
    Amen to that.
    Well, until I can find and watch the episode again, I can't say if Misty insulted him, encouraged him, or a little bit of both.
    I'm pretty sure Misty yelled something like "Come on Ash! If you don't do something, Squirtle is going to be in real trouble!", and then Ash goes "I know!", and then etc etc.

Although, I do base my opinions on all the seasons shown so far. Remember how Ash faired in the early Gym Battles in Hoenn? He was HORRIBLE!
    Ash isn't doing too bad. The only one he sucked in was Dewford's, but then he came on back.

Roxanne - Well, Ash didn't have much of a variety. But he still won.

Brawly - This one, Ash did suck. But that was because he underestimated his opponent.

Wattson - ... This one can speak for itself.

Flannery - Flannery's battle was pretty good I thought. He didn't do horrible though.

Norman - Norman is a tough guy (he was hard in the games too...), so it's not surprising he'd struggle with him the most. Not saying the others are crappy or anything, but Norman had to be the hardest guy he faced. In Hoenn anyway.

Ash isn't really doing too badly (especially in later battles). He's learning more and getting more strategic in his battles.
    Because of this and the fact that he's been quite moody lately, I think Misty's the only one who's kept Ash in check.
    Ash doesn't seem moody to me. He just seems like... Ash.

The only time he seemed moody in Hoenn (that I can think of at the top of my head) was the Dewford stuff and the Tag Battle epsidoe (missed that one). But besides that, Ash seems to be a tad more level headed than he used to be.
    And what Misty yelled at Ash that day when fighting Rudy? You can call that encouragement?
    ... Well, she was telling him to do something or Squirtle would get knocked out. That's not a BAD thing. They always do that. "Ash, do something quick!" "Pikachu's in trouble!" "Uh oh, Ash better think of something!"
    Personally, I'd start to panic, not think up of ways to win!
    I guess it depends then. I'd... try to think of a way out of the situation.
    And of course, Brock does give advice, but only about things that he should have known already, like Pok?mon facts and their attacks.
    But he doesn't know.
    I don't recall Brock actually giving Ash advice during Gym Battles, though.
    He did in the Dewford battle (which Ash ignored...), and... I remember him doing it a couple other times.

Either that, or he and Misty were in the background stating the obvious.

Years
  • Hey, go for it, Pokemon Trainer Red!

And thanks for practically quoting on me on everything I said, cold_katanagirl! (and no, that "fight to the death" quote wasn't meant for you!) Was that because I did the same thing?

I'd like to go in detail about Ash's moody-ness, though.
    If I can remember correctly, before Ash had gone to Hoenn, Ash never seemed to yell big insults to either Team Rocket or his friends. (well, maybe Misty from time to time...) From his first step on Hoenn, though, I noticed that Ash had changed ways in expressing his anger.

I've never seen Ash push his Pok?mon so far into battle before, especially the first time he challenged Brawley. (heh, Bruno actually trained with him at one time!) Sure, he's gone crazy in battles before, but I've never seen him push any Pok?mon that hard before.

Another one was one time Ash had met James. Remember the cave of Aron? When the groups were seperated, Ash was stuck with James, and during their time together, Ash was yelling and pushing James a LOT more than usual. I've never seen Ash act that physical to one of the Team Rocket Members.

Since I have the recordings of Misty's guest appearence in Hoenn, I can say a lot about them! To summarize those episodes, Ash yelled at Colonel Hansen a lot. And I've never seen Ash so angry!
    Ash: "Hey you, ya stuck-up--!"
    Misty: "Cool it, Ash!"
    Luckly Misty interrupted Ash when she did. Who knows what Ash could have said next?!

Eh, whatever. I'll be happy to argue some more!

Jack Crowley

Ace LFO Pilot
    Years
  • dqle said:
    And thanks for practically quoting on me on everything I said, cold_katanagirl! (and no, that "fight to the death" quote wasn't meant for you!) Was that because I did the same thing?

Exactly. That "fight to the death" comment was for me. Sorry.
    I guess I got a bit too gratuitous. However, at the expense of
    sounding irresponsible, I shall say this: I only said it because a few
    people before me said the same thing, so I figured it was alright.
    Feel free to ignore me and continue your discussion. I've been
    known to try way too hard to make good for minor misdeeds.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • Delta Four-Oh said:
    Exactly. That "fight to the death" comment was for me. Sorry.
    I guess I got a bit too gratuitous. However, at the expense of
    sounding irresponsible, I shall say this: I only said it because a few
    people before me said the same thing, so I figured it was alright.
    Feel free to ignore me and continue your discussion. I've been
    known to try way too hard to make good for minor misdeeds.

Meh, people have posted much worse than you.. so I wouldn't worry about it...

What other shipping do people want to debate about?

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I guess what is with Advanceshipping? May is a 10 year old girl who isn't ready for "Love" not even Ash.Brock has the right age and im not sure about Misty either.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • maya miyazono said:
    I guess what is with Advanceshipping? May is a 10 year old girl who isn't ready for "Love" not even Ash.Brock has the right age and im not sure about Misty either.

Perhaps.. she seems to be a romantic, but who knows if she actually wants a boyfriend now..

Actually.. It seems that Brock is the only person who wants to be with somebody else

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back