• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Base Stats

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
  • Do you sometimes feel that a Pok?mon's stats aren't quit correct? Should it be stronger/weaker than it really is? Or is there one specific stat you feel isn't right on that Pok?mon, too high or low? Or do you feel it isn't distributed the right way?

To give an example (and I'm getting biased here):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    There are a lot of Pokemon that are described as being very fast in the Pokedex, but who don't have particularly high speed stats. I always felt like the legendary dogs from GSC should have higher speed stats with all the fleeing and roaming they seem to do, and there are a number of gen I Pokemon that seem kind of slow compared with what I would expect.

I also don't have specific examples of it off the top of my head, but some of the stat creep in gen V (like some of the high attack stats) seemed out of place to me. There was nothing about a lot of those Pokemon that made it seem like they should inherently be stronger than a lot of the older Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    Here's a thing and it's something that bothers me quite a bit in game (since I'm not a competitive player) and this is something that is actually mentioned already so ... let's quote: "things like stats and levels don't really exist outside of the games"
    As said these are things that are only there in the games to have some sort of limits to pokémon. In the anime there are no real stats or levels (as how it would be irl), pokken tournament actually does more justice to this, just to bad that the combo shiz is a bit to ridiculous.
    This results in base stats being just there to be there, sometimes it really does feel like these are given quite randomly, as if they threw a dart at a random paper with stats on to choose what to give certain pokémon. I personally feel like of heavy pokémon are way faster than what they look like and more streamlined pokémon are slower than what they look like.
    Your example is a perfect example

Back