• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Caelus

Years
  • Story

Many years ago, the region of Finso was nothing more than an island, with very few settlements. The few people who actually lived on the island were just researchers and other scientists, intrigued by the foreign Pokémon of the island. The island was, for the most part, calm and peaceful. At least until the day that the Mossdeep Space Center issued a test launch for a new prototype rocket, using a natural fuel found deep within the island. The rocket was able to break the atmosphere in record time using the newly-found fuel, and several mining camps were set up throughout the region. People started to move to the region, in search of new opportunities and in hopes of striking it rich in the mining business.

During one expedition to space, astronauts discovered numerous Pokémon that they couldn't believe existed. These Pokémon were living in space, and had never been recorded ever being seen elsewhere. After coming back down from space, the astronauts told of their discoveries and even brought a Space Pokémon down with them. Shortly after this discovery, a strange message was televised all over the region. A shadowy, hooded man was claiming that these new Space Pokémon would provide him with the power to take over the world, and transform it into his own image. He urged whoever wanted to join him in his quest for world domination to do so. Several days later, an organization called Team Space emerged, and terrorized people in the region trying to obtain the information and materials they needed to go into space. They eventually built a rocket, but on their way into space, the rocket exploded. It is said that no one survived.

That was 20 years ago. Today, the Finso region has many towns and cities, including its own Pokémon League. Many different people live in Finso these days, not just miners. The number of miners has actually decreased significantly, due to the possession of rocket fuel being declared illegal. No one is allowed to go into space anymore, due to the dangers of the space Pokémon. However, not everything seems quite right. There have been numerous reports of people clad in Team Space uniforms running around the region, as well as some people saying that the hooded man is still alive, and out to finish what he started.

You just moved from the Hoenn region to Finso. You live near a Pokémon Professor, who studies the Pokémon of Finso. He is currently looking for two young people, ready to be field researchers for him. You decided to take up the offer, as does a boy your age who lives next door. The two of you are given Pokémon by the professor, and start your journey into the Finso region. But as you go, you will realize the region isn't as peaceful and safe as some people make it out to be.​

Current Features

• New Storyline
    • 83 New Fakémon(Not all will be obtainable upon first release)
    • A Regional Pokédex of 151
    • A Total of 15 Legendary Pokémon to be Caught(Not all will be obtainable upon first release)
    • New Characters
    • Gen I-VI Pokémon
    • Unlimited TM Use
    • Gen IV Psychical/Special Split
    • The Ability to Run Indoors
    • Decapitalization

Future Features

• New Trainer Sprites
    • New Music
    • Gen V Repel System
    • Gen VI Capture-Experience System
    • Gen VI Type Chart
    • Gen IV-VI Moves
    • Gen IV-VI Items
    • New Battle Backgrounds

Screenshots

7jCgIw0.png
    irGFOra.png
    nijlblV.png

xQtdNkA.png
    GDjtq2i.png
    3bZcozu.png

P1lrkQt.png
    VjD4VdD.png
    YnjThi5.png

hgqKhWs.png

Team

• Konomo-Everything

Credits

• Spherical Ice-Sprites(Specifically, the TM Ball Overworld)
    • DoesntKnowHowToPlay-The Generation 4 physical / special / status split patch
    • JPAN-His Hacked Engine
    • Contributors to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource-Sprites
    • Contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource-Sprites

Tools used

• Advanced Map
    • Advanced Text
    • YAPE
    • Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
    • Advanced Pokémon Position Editor
    • Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor
    • Hopeless Trainer Editor
    • XSE
    • HxD Hex Editor
    • Advanced Cry Editor
    • Nameless Sprite Editor
    • Miscellaneous Editor

Frequently Asked Questions

• None Yet

Downloads

• None Yet

HELP NEEDED

As you can see in the Team area above, I am the only person currently working on this hack. There's a lot to get done and I could really use some help. If you're interested at all in helping, please let me know! Thanks guys!​

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Lovely plot outline, Fakémon sprites don't look to great to be honest. I'd commission an experienced spriter to redo them for you.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Ditto to what BadEgg said. It's a good idea for the plot/story but those Fakemon are rough on the eyes...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Hmm.. Pokemon based on inanimate objects are kinda hard to like in the first place.. Plus these ones seem a little uninspired, like filler material. I mean, do I really want a Lv. 33 chilli (tell me it it didn't evolve from a chilli seed).. Littlebox to Boxer made me lol though. Idea: Maybe the box's evolution will break out of the box

Years
  • Lovely plot outline, Fakémon sprites don't look to great to be honest. I'd commission an experienced spriter to redo them for you.
    I'm glad you like the plot! In my opinion, one of my strengths when it comes to writing, whether it be video games, Pokémon hacks, or just plain writing, is my story and character development. I think my favorite thing about Pokémon Caelus is its story and characters. Regarding my Fakémon, I know they don't look too pleasant. Let's be honest, they could be worse, but I know they aren't great as they are, as art isn't really my forte. I would love to work with an experienced spriter, but alas, those type of people are hard to find. As noted above, I am the only person working on this hack.
    Ditto to what BadEgg said. It's a good idea for the ploy/story but those Fakemon are rough on the eyes...
    Hopefully either I'll become a better spriter in the future, or someone experienced will pop up, as Fakémon play an important role in my game.
    Hmm.. Pokemon based on inanimate objects are kinda hard to like in the first place.. Plus these ones seem a little uninspired, like filler material. I mean, do I really want a Lv. 33 chilli (tell me it it didn't evolve from a chilli seed).. Littlebox to Boxer made me lol though. Idea: Maybe the box's evolution will break out of the box
    I would say almost all of my Fakémon are based on real animals and such. The box line is one of two inanimate object lines of Pokémon, and honestly I've always loved the way they looked. Thanks for the feedback though!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Honestly I would avoid this hack just because of the fakemon. These look worse than the fakemon in Quartz, and that's saying something. Even if they are important to the game for whatever reason, I still think you should remove them or get someone competent to do them for you. Find a way to do it. This is just honest advice, don't take it the wrong way.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    I would say almost all of my Fakémon are based on real animals and such. The box line is one of two inanimate object lines of Pokémon, and honestly I've always loved the way they looked. Thanks for the feedback though!
    I see, that's cool. I would suggest including screenshots showing your "strongest" fakemon designs to help get this hack some love.

Years
  • Honestly I would avoid this hack just because of the fakemon. These look worse than the fakemon in Quartz, and that's saying something. Even if they are important to the game for whatever reason, I still think you should remove them or get someone competent to do them for you. Find a way to do it. This is just honest advice, don't take it the wrong way.
    I think I'm going to spend some time really learning how to sprite well, and put a lot of time into that kind of stuff. I am hoping an experienced spriter comes my way though, so I can focus on just about everything else in the hack.

I see, that's cool. I would suggest including screenshots showing your "strongest" fakemon designs to help get this hack some love.
    Sadly, as of right now, these are my only sprites really. As stated above, I'm going to spend time learning how to srite better and I'll eventually redo all of these.

Kartana

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Hate your Sprites but looks great do not be offend bruh I recomend a more experienced spriter :) :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I am really looking forward to this hack i like what you've got so far i just hope you can get a better spriter cause the sprites will drive people away sadly.

Back