• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ru][FR][EM] Updated Battle Text

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
  • Introduction
    Hello everyone, I am here with my research on the battle strings of Ruby, Emerald & FireRed and also how to update them to match the latest Generation 7.

Downloads & Usage
    To make things easy, you can have this FireRed Patch. This patch inserts data from 0xB50000 to 0xB500FF, make sure it's free. Patches for Ruby and Emerald will come soon ;)

If you are hacking Emerald or Ruby or you want to do it yourself, then open this spoiler,
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Ending Notes
    Nothing to see here,
    If you will encounter any bug or you know any other text change, the comments is open for you :)

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • I've downloaded your FR patch and tested it out. There is a minor text glitch (or rather a flaw?) when an Ability activates. For example, when my Niroran? is battling a Spearow, and he poisons the foe via his Poison Point, the screen displays:
    Spoiler:

The phrase "The wild" in the second row should NOT have its initial letter captalized when it has. That is, the correct text should be this (as a Gen IV game displays):
    Spoiler:

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
  • I've downloaded your FR patch and tested it out. There is a minor text glitch (or rather a flaw?) when an Ability activates. For example, when my Niroran♂ is battling a Spearow, and he poisons the foe via his Poison Point, the screen displays:
    Spoiler:

The phrase "The wild" in the second row should NOT have its initial letter captalized when it has. That is, the correct text should be this (as a Gen IV game displays):
    Spoiler:

This is the way game freak made it, this can't be fixed with normal hex editing, I guess so. But I will try to figure it out, thanks for reporting :)

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • This is the way game freak made it, this can't be fixed with normal hex editing, I guess so. But I will try to figure it out, thanks for reporting :)
    ~_~
    >battle string
    >can't fix with normal hex editing
    most certainly can tho

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
  • ~_~
    >battle string
    >can't fix with normal hex editing
    most certainly can tho

Yes I can't!!!
    Game Freak just loads a pointer which points to "Wild" or "Foe" text, and then the text is changed to "The Wild" or "The opposing", so how a single pointer can do that :( if we change it, every "The wild" will become "the wild", which will look odd in some cases

Back